1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're not wrong.

I got an orange quest from a random drop while world questing that had me assassinate one of Sylv's rangers at the behest of Shandris, sneakily listen in on a meeting with Talanji and this Blood Prince dude, then turn a trap he had planned on us on him...

Then he just dips out after the no name followers died.

Would be so awesome if I was actually collecting meaningful scalps, given there's no real progression in the zones like there was with Suramar - though tbf i thought it was lame that Suramar didn't replace Dalaran after clearing Nighthold.

2. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So which EU server are the most DLP members at? Thinking about starting this.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    The mission table is a pretty big joke. 35 Hour missions for a small amount of rep or 200 points of Azerite is absurd.

4. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

The mission table is pretty much for people who have ~8 alts and play with tokens 75% of their gameplay; Who can't be bothered with the AH, but have the app installed and generally just login to assign missions.
    There's...a lot of such players from what I've seen.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Better than than how it was in Warlords, where it pretty much just turned into a mobile game because you had a million followers and the shortest missions were 30 and 60 minutes. Last expansion it was possible to make millions if you had a bunch of alts, so I'm not really surprised it's been toned down even more. But I figure they have to justify the existence of their app somehow.

6. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Man, this has gone a long way in helping me resist the annual feeling that I should buy the latest expansion. It sounds like they've basically turned WoW into a browser game at this point, and even if I'm not playing it I hate to think it's turned into the shitfest it sounds like.

Amazing that I thought Pandaria was going to be the low point for WoW.

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Eh, the browser game period was WoD. At this point, the mission table thing is entirely ancilliary, and outside of a couple of very specific quality of life things you can knock out really quickly, you can freely ignore it and not be hampered at all.

Which, really, is why I want them to axe it. It doesn't contribute anything except give people a reason to log in every day, and they'd accomplish the same thing with both more control and less annoyance if they simply replaced it with log-on rewards.

8. Anarchy

Unless my eyes deceive me, the world raid boss is up this week. When I didn't see one last reset, I just assumed they would start at the same time as raids. Knowing my luck, if I get an item at all, it's going to be a trinket, which I already have two epics of and would ultimately be sort of a waste. Legs would be the ideal drop for me, though feet would still be an upgrade. I'd prefer crit on any of them though. Mostly just about that ilvl though to increase other WQ rewards.

-edit- looks like I've jumped the gun. the WQ is active but the bosses aren't actually enabled. Currently it's a bug and the bosses aren't supposed to be out yet.

9. Agayek

It's a bug. I went through the same sequence of thought myself, only to arrive to an empty field that the boss never spawned in. It's aggravating, but par for the course with this expansion, sadly enough.

10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

It led to some pretty intense PvP on my server. We had 25+ horde vs alliance going on.

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm already getting over PvP. While a small part of it is how shitty of an experience stun lock/ silence trains are, it's mostly the hilariously pathetic Horde rolling around with healers ganking solo WQers, then running like little bitches when others come to help.

I honestly don't know how anyone finds it fun :/

12. Anarchy

Yeah, it's a far cry from Legion where there would be thousands of deaths at Val' Sharah. Then again, warmode has changed everything. Ner'zhul was a pvp server, and while it could be frustrating at times getting ganked, it really didn't happen all that often. It just sort of feels like everything has been watered down quite a bit, and things have already been watered down before that. Everything is just a bit too formulaic, though I guess the zone scaling thing is another issue entirely.

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

If anyone plays on US, shoot me a message with btag, or add me at Voxx#1199. I'm down to fuck around in LFR/pvp/m+ with folks. Raiding semi-casually in a guild that'll clear mythics, just not top 100 world this go around.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Playing on EU servers so if anyone wants to add me, feel free. Nemrut#2193

15. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Azshara.

Not disappointed. But nothing above expectations either.

16. Agayek

It's a cool video, and the art's great, but I have to say, for being <The Corruptor>, N'Zoth is.... astonishingly direct. The whole thing is him being all "you will serve me or die!", rather than guileful manipulation or whatever, and it really makes him seem like much less of a threat.

17. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I haven't played WoW in years, but after seeing everyone be so hype about the latest expansion I'm kind of considering getting back into it. Does anyone have any good links that show off the PvE combat to help me get a feel for the gameplay?. Since I remember it being kind of eh the last time I played.

18. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

By PvE combat, you mean the raid? Uldir (the first raid tier of the expansion) is going to be release on Sept. 4th. As such there's only Beta footage, which is probably not totally representative of stuff. I guess M+0 are probably the best you can look at the moment.

19. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

By PvE content I mean people playing the game and having fun, I don't give a fuck about how the high-end stuff looks, I'm wondering if it's the same as when I last tried to play a frost mage or whatever and all I did was stand in place and cast ~3 different spells with massive cooldowns.

20. Agayek

Here's a mage review that might be what you're looking for.