1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have every class levelled bar Shaman. So I run ICC and SoO on each one with my DH sharing her lockout so I don't have to clear the whole instance on each.

I've been doing that weekly for 2 years, SoO 6 months.

I repeat. Fuck you and fuck everything.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Did a bunch of mythics yesterday. A solid 10 of them, with 2 on my shaman. I managed to get into a mythic at ilvl 329, and still came out #1 in dps. That gave me a key, so I could at least make my own mythics now with a reasonable chance of filling them. I also did the arathi stuff, killing every rare and getting 2 pieces of gear, though one was a shield which is useless to me in enh spec. I am seriously consider making it a healer, though right now enh shamans are parsing pretty well. Highest M+ I've done so far in time is a +5 siege of boralus, which wasn't that bad, aside from my completely forgetting how the first boss works. Hardest one so far was probably the +4 Waycrest I did, if only because the hallways are so tight making it difficult to maneauver trash around the blood puddles. Other than that, I think the individually most annoying part out of all of them is the first few pulls in the underrot, though I just may have had an exceptionally retaded pug for that.

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Try doing Tol Dagor 7+. Narrow corridors, fleeing adds, puddle of blood and necrotic on your undergeared tank. It was a fucking mess. It was atrocious. The combination of Necrotic + Sanguine this reset is rough. I'm really pissed that some people only had to drop their 10+ keys to a 10. Really unfair.

4. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Cleared most m+6s, but haven't been able to push to a +7. My group has been unfortunate and getting no Siege or Atal'dazar keys =/.

On another note, despite being 8/8 N and 4/8 H, plus the world boss, including using both my rerolls, I've gotten a grand total of 1 raid drop.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm one of those guys; guildy of mine got a +13 Motherlode from his m0 on Tuesday, and I've gotta say: trying that was a bit of a mess. Took us 20 minutes and a dozen deaths to reach the first boss, and the healer proceeded to get one-shot by the boss' big frontal cone thing when he stood in it. It was a clusterfuck.

The +10 was more reasonable, but it still dragged on for upwards of an hour. Largely because Jesus fucking fuck that instance has too much trash.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ugh, imagining skittish and teeming in Motherload makes me want to burn my PC

7. Ashan

On the bright side, Motherlode had its trash requirement cut by 10%!

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Being a lowly 334 makes it pretty much impossible to do any Mythic dungeon that I don't set up myself, and no other readily available loot source seems to drop useful gear at this point.

Suppose I should go forum-crawling for a guild ... but I'm not sure which of the two prospects is worse. I wish it wasn't so impossible to progress without a guild though.

9. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Eh dude. No.
    I don't have a guild on my main. At 346 and cleared the raid upto Mythrax on Normal. I'm gonna start doing Mythic+ today.

Here's the thing, ya gotta persist and keep aside the ego when going for pure PUGs. The PUG creators are gonna have a ridiculous ego. This will be a given. You will be kicked a lot of times. No helpin that. But ya need to persist.
    Clear a Mythic dungeon and you will get a key. Start a PUG yourself and go from there. Mythic+ right now is pretty much equivalent, in some cases superior to raiding.
    And If you're not worried about AOTC and shit like that, wait for LFR to experience end game content.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'll try that, thanks. I'm all for not tryharding- I don't have the time to do that. I'm maxing out professions and collecting shit, but I need hydrocores and that means Mythics. It'd also be nice to finally do something that drops something useful for me :V

11. Anarchy

Yeah, I found the trick to gearing up my shaman alt in the mid 320's was to start the mythic groups myself. They will fill eventually, and you really only need to complete one to get a keystone, and from there it's gravy. Getting the first mythic done is the time consuming part, but if the cost is simply taking an hour to clear a mythic with similar ilvl guys, then so be it.

Also, I don't think there's really a rush to complete the raids. You can gear up way faster in mythics, though raiding is quite fun. I just kinda wish there was an actual raiding set, to show that you're doing that kind of content, rather than just having everything be different colors of gear most people are going to transmog away anyways.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've done some mythics but I'll admit to having no clue what the keys are or how M+ works.

13. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

yeah Mythic+ are just Mythics plus some added HP and damage. You have a Time limit to complete the dungeon and get a preset number of trash (100% meter). If you finish and complete it, your key gets upgraded by a level or 2.
    Every few levels there's a buff for the monsters added. think there's 4 buffs this season. So the higher the level key the tougher it is to complete with +15 awarding the highest gear. Might want to look em up at wowhead. You only get loot at the end of the dungeon and not at every boss. And depending on the level you completed this week, every week you get gear above the dungeon level you cleared in a chest in your orderhall/table/etc.

I played just the last 6-8 months of legion. Had about 2-3 955-965 ilvl toons by the end just by doing mythic plus XD

14. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

I would say if you know the dungeons on mythic you can do mythic+ easily. Atleast the lower keystones. Most affixes are rather intuitiv. Also I think this weeks affixes are always explained on the mythic tab in the dungeon finder... or the addon 'angry Keystone' does that, I am not sure.

15. Anarchy

I just had the pleasure of a TD +7. It's beyond stupid.

16. Ashan

I just had the pleasure of a TD+11 after doing KR+8 yesterday. The +8 took 93 minutes. TD+11 took 150 minutes because we got destroyed by Howlett until someone dropped their unlevelled profession to get BS and buy some lockpicks, after which we wiped a grand total of five times (once because trash went through walls, once because of a glorious knockback that despawned the last boss, and three times just wipes because Infested is a godawful fucking affix).

17. Anarchy

Warfronts. As a concept, I don't hate them. Hell, even as implemented, I'm probably one of the only people who enjoy them more than hate them. But, they're still pretty buggy. I read some posts that claim that they're pretty much unchanged from beta, including known bugs and issues that made it to live. Regardless, I did about 10 of them, and am ultimately unsatisfied. Sure, the free 370 piece on my 2 characters is nice, and my shaman did end up getting 4 or 5 upgrades in total (as well as some duplicates). But ultimately, the whole thing feels kind of like a mess. It just doesn't feel like a war. A large part of that is how everything is arbitrarily locked behind time gates. But the other part is the game play. There should be incentives to getting the most wood, or the most npc kills, or a scoreboard at the least. I'd almost like to see it more like WC3 where you have hero levels, and can get buff items to drop. Like, it won't be long before half the raid is just sitting afk in the starting area, since supposedly it's coded so you can't actually lose (though I am interested in how that works). It just feels kind of shallow, and if anything, makes me want to go play an actual rts.

18. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's not "you cannot lose the warfront". It's "the warfront will always switch control at the end of the period". It's a meta thing, rather than any individual game.

19. Anarchy

I guess the real game starts today. Mythic Uldir, no capped M+ end chest gear. Also, LFR Uldir. I'm kinda curious as to how watered down the fights have been made. Like, can you just pull Mother all the way to the last chamber right away, ignoring the wall and add damage? Can you just take the laser grid to the face and not die? Can pugs just instantly wipe the group by straddling the wall? Should be amusing.

20. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Yeah. Finally cleared G'huun on normal today. Took 5 different PUG groups. XD
    Also, it looks like it mechanics more than damage for uldir raid.
    As in, from the beams and room clears of MOTHER, to Orb Maintenance for G'huun.
    Take Zul for example...2 mass dispels in the team made the fight look so damn easy.
    We one shotted G'huun with 70% people who were facing him for the first time, with the caveat being the orb runners knew what they were doing.
    Is it just me or was legion much more straight forward...

But I did enjoy raiding for the first time today.