1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Ahh, the exact reasons I didn't want to play classic in one good rant.

I played a rogue from closed beta until I had just had enough of the game, when they made you make that idiotic homebase. While it was fun to be seven miles ahead of anyone else as a backstab rogue on early raids, it truly did suck most everywhere else until a few expansions in, when all of a sudden I could heal myself and solo just about anything non-raid, but my raid DPS blew compared to half the other classes all of a sudden.

MMOs are a treadmill I just can't get on anymore, no matter how much nostalgia tries to convince me otherwise.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Farmed beasts in Badlands and just grinded from 38-41 so I could buy my mount.

Someone kill me plz ty.

3. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Huh, I had no problems with mount cash, although that might have been because I went mining/skining and I sold most of it on the AH or at a vendor for the shittier skins. I even had some extra gold left over to train up important skills and buy a pair of Scarlet Boots to complete the set :D.

4. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I didnt get my first mount until 42, but got my epic maybe 4 days after hitting 60. started selling all my disenchanting mats and the gold just flowed in

5. Gengar

High Score:
    People are only starting to get actual gold to buy shit on the AH. I'll be fishing up a storm. I had a stack of eels sell for 10g. I can keep doing stuff like that when I get bored of levelling.

My fishing and cooking are basically 300 now too. Maybe I can fish/cook Nightfin Soup to sell too.

6. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The alchemy fish sell really really well. Great way to make money while semi afk. Watch a show on one screen and just tab out to Warcraft when you hear the fishing sound.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    It's weird, only stoneskin sells for me. Firefin and oily blackmouth are still a waste of time.

I'm selling Nightfin soup for one gold a pop though... unfortunately the best time to farm nightfin is 12am-6am lol...

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I rolled a human priest on Herod. Gotta level up, but I'd be interested in playing with ya'll.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Update: it was a mistake rolling on Herod:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 18.51.40.png

I may just go move to a different realm, despite ya'll playing on Herod.

10. Anarchy

Got my arcanist hat today, which feels pretty good. MC hasn't necessarily been hard, but there's been some degree of coordination needed. Even back then it was often said that the hardest part of the raid was simply getting 40 people there, and that's more or less still true. Most of the bosses (and trash) are pretty simple with only a couple of mechanics, but it's pretty punishing to get them wrong. We had one guy wipe the raid back to back with living bomb, and then gquit. Funniest thing I've seen in awhile. Getting into that groove though where the vast majority of people are on the same page and working together well is a really great feeling though.

11. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Probably should have double checked my choice before joining the unofficial Brazilian server. Brazilian barrens trade chat sounds like it would be hilarious but not being able to read the mess of exclamation marks actually ruins all the fun of it.

12. Lord Ravenclaw

For what it's worth, I transferred to Earthfury and it's great. Loving Classic, just like I remembered.

13. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

We're currently on Noggenfogger EU with my girlfriend. It's a blast. Really nice community from what I've seen so far of 24 levels.

14. Ankan

Ankan Professor

My opinion after clearing the raids is that Ragnaros/Geddon are probably the most difficult bosses (relatively speaking of course). I was really dissapointed in Onyxia since that encounter is basically just a snoozefest for melees.

15. oakes

@Ankan Fear does mess you up by a lot tho if it makes you walk through the lava splashes.

16. Ankan

Ankan Professor

I stood by the wall most of the fight, the fear didn't really lead to anything.

17. oakes

Ah I guess, unless there are whelp waves you dont really have much reason to leave the wall. Rip ranges.

18. Anarchy

I did a thing a couple day ago:

[​IMG]

19. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I know this is a WoW thread not blizzard. But looking at what’s happening with Blizzard and the China censorship, how do you guys take this? After a win with classic they massively fumble this.

20. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In general, I think it's a really good thing. It's just another conversation about China that people need to have. We can't keep trading free speech for access to their market. So this happening with the Houston rockets as well is great.

If this had been dealt with quietly, it could have just been ignored. Now politicians are involved.

Really drives this issue home for a lot of people. It's a public conversation that we need to have.

Now stuff like this is in the news: https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/9/...-ban-hong-kong-epic-games-fortnite-blitzchung

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/10/20907596/apple-hong-kong-protests-app-removed-china