1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The expansion started off getting me so hyped with their cinematics that I resubbed.

Now we're at the tail end and they're ripping off LOTR and just embarrassing themselves. That kamehameha shit is also just... so disgustingly dreadful.

Remember when they teased a BAMF Jaina who wasn't gonna take shit anymore? Then just brought her character right back to where she started and deleting all that potential for growth? Sigh

I hate how much I let Blizzard get under my skin.

2. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Meh. I'm not looking for all that much. Too much to expect if you ask me....

All I want is some effing closure for grinding so much Champions of Azeroth shiet. From Azerite to CoA Rep to Azerite traits to Azerite essences...

Destroy the sword in Silithus or show us the persona of Azeroth Or I dunno... DO SOMETHING....

Like its completely open ended atm...

While deepcore YouTubers and the like will of course speculate that Argus was the avatar of death...
    Show us the titan Azeroth at least...

:[

3. blob

blob Seventh Year

Weird that they put the perfect casual bait that is Vulpera behind a mind-numbing, month-long grind of obsolete content. You'd think Blizz would offer it as Shadowlands preorder unlock, or maybe as a cash-shop item, rather than the current model.

4. Mestre

Mestre Seventh Year

I don't know what you guys mean, It is a perfect end for BFA and fits with the copy-paste theme of this expansion, now they have a worst Return of the king end with a spice of green Jesus laser from Cata. Sylvanas was more dangerous than an old God.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lack of consistency in the story, clunky and barebone classes made for ridiculous systems that go away at the end of the expansion, GCD changes, and Sadfang, it´s BFA legacy.

I don't see me coming back for shadowlands, no class overhauls, abilities tied to factions, no end to the faction divide and I couldn't care less about the lore of shadowlands, the "Tyrande focus" will probably be forgiving the horde like Jaina who is stuck between hating or being ok with the Horde every other expansion and making Sylvanas an 8D chess player if they don't turn her in a Kerrigan.

If they dint waste their time making infinite progression systems like AP work maybe they would have more development time and the classes wouldn't suck.

5. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They fired the CM that was apparently working on class overhauls in the infamous job cutting spree they went on a while ago, and they only just recently posted a job listing for that very role.

They're a mess over there. They are very obviously no longer the developer I used to love.

6. Innomine

Innomine Minister of Magic ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Heh, I thought that when they were bought out by Activision.

7. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Eh. I don't think the impact of activision was immediate.

To paraphrase my point, the merger with activision happened in 2008.

And they still gave us Wotlk, arguably the most widely liked expac of all.
    Pandaland wasn't half bad either.
    Legion was pretty brilliant for me...

I think that Blizzard has started bleeding their core (Values, style, dev strategy; whatever made Blizzard the company it was) in more recent years. The CM firing is just a symptom of a deeper malaise that has recently cropped up.

Having said that, I'll still play Wow even if what they give us next is a few more selfie patches. There's very little to replace Wow in the market which covers all aspects.