1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Yeah, seriously. I leveled up a monk for the zandalari heritage armor, but then once i finished, I started playing brewmaster, and odds are good I'm gonna be maining that for Shadowlands. The only way I don't see it happening is if I get my hands on the 9.0 changes and against all sense it suddenly feels awful.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Beast Mastery since 2004. I’m boring. Also Resto Druid alt since 2006? Booooring but ❤️.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pft, I'm personally about to start levelling a priest in classic in preparation for raiding as a shadow priest in TBC, and reliving my glory days. :p

May not top meters on most fights, but damned if I won't be needed for my mana regen.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Numbers are meaningless on alpha, but Preach reckons Windwalker is one of the most fun specs in the game atm.

Never been a monk person though. Levelled a VE monk for the mog. Meh

5. Agayek

I get that. Honestly, I was finding WW to be pretty boring when I leveled it. It's neat enough I guess, it just didn't click with me at all, nor am i particularly enthused about it in Shadowlands.

At the same time though, Brewmaster is ridiculously fun. It's extremely active, and proactive since you have all of one oh-shit button, and has long chains of split-second decision making that I find very engaging. Nothing feels quite as good as purifying half a million damage and instantly moving from "oh shit, we're all gonna die!" to "this is pretty alright".

Plus, I find it endlessly entertaining that I can make kegs of beer rain from the sky.

6. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Guys... quick question for people who have exp in auction house....

Just got a BoE drop of Schemer's Band ring 460 ilvl with both socket and 0.60% echoing void corruption...
    I have right now listed it at 200,000 - 350,000 gold.
    Is that the right price?
    Cause I'm seeing there are listings with 1,500,000 min for the same band with the 12% Crit buff as Corruption...

So I seem to have some good luck with BoE drops... and since I'm finally raiding (PuGs of course) again...
    what's the right price for an item like that?
    How do I even judge the price for this stuff...

7. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

@Trooper

It depends heavily on your server. I got a corruption-less 475 band and finally sold it at 180k. Echoing Void is an alright corruption, but not one that's highly sought after (like gushing wounds/ the 12% crit buff one). I'd say 200k is a fair price, but I'd try and sell is as fast as possible. The prices of corrupted BoEs are gonna drop like rocks once the corruption vendor is implemented.

https://www.wowpay2win.com/#/ this site shows you what your exact ring is selling for on yours and other servers.

8. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Thanks dude.
    That site is gonna be really helpful...
    I sold a BoE in the dazaralor raid for almost 1/6th the price and got laughed at . Still regret the lost 150k gold....

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Err... you might wanna sell ASAP... corruption vendors inc will probably tank the price...

Shadowlands hype got me to get back into WoW to start my Main Hunt for 9.0... man, 8.3 is pure dogshit... And I'm not even playing it at its worst.

I may just be salty after getting my Bee mount and seeing my fucking character's hands IN MID AIR AGAIN WHY DO THEY DO THAT ON SO MANY MOUNTS?!

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hit 4.4k io on push week. Cracked world 100 rogue again but really don't feel like it's my ceiling. Will revisit this in 12 weeks I guess.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Spriest are getting Devouring Plague back. It costs insanity to cast. Basically intended to be used on things that die quickly.

I haven't seen numbers yet, but I'm gonna assume this might be a turbo dot. Maybe on the damage level of Void Torrent, which is exciting.

I think the only other change i would need to play Shadow in Slands is high void forms, and a reason to do it. Mass Hysteria or CoI baseline etc

12. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

So......
    Now that prepatch has hit the ptr...
    Just to get some hype and speculation going, I predict that the prepatch gonna hit live on or around september 15-20th. And shadowlands gonna hit on Halloween 2020. I cant see Blizzard missing the shadowlands theme on the day thats supposed to raise the curtains between both worlds...

Also, prepatch gonna be a busy month... I'm most excited about the leveling exp.

13. Agayek

I'm expecting shadowlands to launch somewhere in the Oct 20-Nov 10 window, with prepatch 4 weeks before launch (meaning Sep 22-Oct 20).

If we go by historical timing, the prepatch will be going live on Sep 15 and the expansion Oct 13, but I think between covid and the general state of the beta (mainly the plethora of severe bugs and NYI features still in the class design), that it'll be later than that.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I kind of wish WoW had a 'prestige' system so I could relevel my characters for rewards, maybe for unique mogs. I have a maxed one of every character already, so these changes mean nothing to me, despite how almost awesome they are.

I'm so sad about Shadow btw. The rework is pretty amazing, but if they keep the focus of the legendaries and conduit talents on Shadowfiend/mindbender, I won't be playing Shadow in slands (despite how fucking awesome void elves are now with new customisation options). I fucking hate Shadowfiend, it either needs to be deleted or reimagined.

I'm actually a lot less sure what main to play atm than I was a couple months ago. Hunter is an option. I love MM, I tolerate BM and hate Survival...

I don't really enjoy any of the Plate classes.

Rogue looks a mess in slands. I never really liked Monk. DH is boring...

Shamans look fun, but Shamans can't be Nelfs or Velfs :p

Atm I'm torn between Hunter, Mage, Warlock (and Priest if shadowfiend focus goes away). I think I prefer mage to lock because I prefer non-pet classes to pet classes. I'm pretty happy with Fire and Arcane changes and Destro/Affliction are both pretty fun.

15. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Since noone seems to have posted it.....
    For all those not in the know, release date has been announced.

Shadowlands goes live on 26/27 October 2020 (USA/Europe time).

So I guess pre-patch goes live something like mid September.
    My guess was off by 4 days lol. I really thought they would cash in on the Halloween theme even more...

I'm actually more excited about leveling in different expacs than the latest expac by itself lol.

Always wanted to complete Draenor...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  16. Gengar

High Score:
    I really think it's too soon.

I kinda wish they'd put in a lot more work on the levelling revamp and release it in October along with class changes, basically the pre-patch stuff. Maybe let people 'prestige' their classes and re-level them for rewards etc. Do more rep events and the like, then release Slands in January.

I'm personally in no rush. I got pretty hooked on BDO in a big way over the past few weeks and it's eating up a lot of time. It kinds reinforced my resentment towards Blizz and how garbage the profession system is - and cotinues to be in Slands.

Anyway, we're at that point where classes are mostly locked in. Everyone know their mains?

I... might still go Spriest. Depends how good the Shadowfiend lego is. I fucking hate that spell.

17. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Hmmm... I might try out BDO too. Looks nice. I've had all the the other mmos in queue for a long time lol. Couldnt commit though. So I'll have to choose between Neverwinter, FF14 and BDO looks like.

Also, as far as toons for SL is concerned.... I think Blizz really, really wants players to play at least 4 characters at once and increase their casual player base. I see no other reason they're putting so much work and effort into the leveling and also their insistence on keeping the locked covenant system. All the other reasons they gave out during the interviews ring hollow to me.

All the things they're doing seems to point to that. They've been consistently trying to provide alternative means to get max level gear. Especially methods that can be done solo. It used to be Raids were the only way to do that. Then they brought M+, which is still group play, but smaller group. Then they tried the warfronts. They hit jackpot with horrific visions though. I would not be surprised if they have something similar in Shadowlands even excluding Torghast.

So right now I have these at lvl 120 :
    A Night Elf DPS DH,
    A Blood Elf Tank DH,
    A Human Fury warrior,

I have a BM Hunter at 110,
    I'll probably create some dks and monks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  18. Gengar

High Score:
    Caution is advised. BDO is atrocious in terms of end game PvE and gearing. The system would take a mini-essay to explain, so I won't.

It's so bad that I'm spending 70% of my time life skilling so I can just buy gear instead (butchering, fishing, cooking, farming, hunting, processing etc) with the other 30% being spent doing the main quest and other quests in general on my Sorceress - which is good, Life skilling is super satisfying for me and I love the loop.

There's just so many deep non-combat related systems in the game that I'm loving just exploring. I have no interest in the PvP or enhancing my gear systems though, and I can still play all day and have a shit load to do.

I'd recommend watching Lazy Peon's stuff on YT on it. You buy to play and there's no sub, but there's plenty of cash shop shenanigans going on (Korean, expect it).

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait why does rogue look like a mess to you, Gengar? Assassination hasn’t changed - the play pattern remains the tightrope of balancing meaningful actions against required casts. Subtlety gets rupture instead of nightblade meaning you maintain your dot ½ as often and the 15% damage increase got baked into shadow dance. Outlaw I have some issues with but ultimately I understand why roll the bones is a cooldown and a maintenance buff rather than a guided choice, given how counterintuitive good play is for that spec.

Only missing shaman, monk, pally and priest at max level, priest is almost there I guess.

am also going to be raiding on rogue and thus have a second rogue I’m levelling to do dailies for other covenants, if their leggos turn out to be strong. The recipe which is acquired via rep will be account bound. What a shitshow...

I’m sad that fire is getting changed. I played fire after nzoth died for us and long time mages have assured me that this is the best fire has ever felt and possibly the best it will ever feel again, and the changes aren’t really exciting me (or anyone else it seems)

I think I will keep my mage and maybe one other alt current in the first tier depending on how much work there is to do on my main. If m+ is fun I think my alts will fall off.

20. Agayek

I've got my main, brewmaster monk, all prepped and ready to go. Just impatiently waiting for the expac to launch.

Knowing me, I'm gonna be a venthyr monk and then maybe a necrolord ele shaman as an alt, and that's about it.