1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I think I’ll main lock, at least for this first raid tier. My main alt will likely be Paladin, because I generally enjoy the bursty playstyle and role versatility and I’m burnt out on Druid right now. I might also revive my poor priest - it was the first class I really stuck with, and it feels traditional to bring it back for the beginning of another expansion. Disc is my favorite raid healer (aside from glimmerdin, but that doesn’t really exist anymore), and the new spells they are getting are exciting.

Ultimately, I’ll play whatever’s busted, because beating people up is what provides me the most enjoyment.

2. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They're a mess because we're 2 months out and they're the furthest behind developmentally. They have one usable Cov ability (though Sepsis could be interesting with Sub), they had virtually no testing in Torghast and last I checked, the legendaries were buggy too.

And early expansion Assassination has to be one of the most boring specs in the game. You hit like... what? 30 buttons a minute? It comes to life with better gear though.

Always hated Outlaw. I hate the RTB design, even with the changes. At least before you could fish for better buffs, now you're stuck with the terrible ones (like energy regen) if you're unlucky - they need to buff the shit ones.

I think that's my general issue with triple DPS classes. I need to like at least two of the specs. I was gonna main Hunter in Slands... but playing BM on live and I'm thoroughly over pet classes.

I deleted my old Warlock and I'll level another when the pre-patch comes out. If I find Aff to be fun and sufficiently 'not-petty,' I might give it a go. I want to suss out Mage too. Apparently Frost with the Frozen Orb leggo is very fun.

Edit: Yes, I'm also aware Mage covos are shit too, lol. IDC how good Necrolords are either, I hate transforming as an ability, esp into a skeleton. Rip Arcane I guess...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  3. Gengar

High Score:
    I've settled on Mage as my main for Shadowlands. I want to go Night Fae, but I need to see what happens with their cov ability and if they nerf the Ven'thyr one and its broken soul bind interaction.

Never mained Mage before (only Arcane alt), so it's exciting. I also realized that Mage is the only class of them all where I genuinely wouldn't mind playing any of the three specs.

It hurts to move away from priest (which will be my first alt), but after an expansion of playing disc, not sure I wanna heal again or play much disc.

4. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think you'll enjoy mage. Most people I've played with/spoken to enjoy mage when they try it. Right now people say frost is super fun but that might be because frost is kinda busted.

Apparently the problems on the beta with heating up/hot streak are perennial beta problems that are fixed by default when expansions drop, but I still don't anticipate fire being played until later tiers (at which point i will probably pick up my mage again because I only really enjoy fire personally)

it's looking like conduits much like azerite powers will be your spec's destiny in the coming expansion

5. Pantricelog

Pantricelog First Year

I am planning on maining my Brewmaster as usual. i want to go Night Fae with it but the ability just got nerfed and it already wasn't that good. T_T feels bad. I'm also worried that after picking the BIS covenant blizz is gonna come around as usual with the nerf bat and make whatever is BIS garbage...

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I think the players could lobby really hard for a free covenant swap if any changes they make affect the choice you made.

Frost is a bit meh on PTR, but the legendaries look REALLY fun (especially the one where nova doesn't break).

Should also be noted the changes to alt levelling makes having alts super easy this time. Will probably do Hunter, Priest, Rogue and fill out other covenants. A plate wearer could be subbed into any spot at any time if Tusks of Mannoroth drop (after 2 years of weekly farming, it's bound to drop before slands right? RIGHT?!)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah definitely going to fill out all four covenants with alts with how easy alts are looking.

BM Hunter, Resto Druid, Blood DK, Affliction Lock.

Will pick up the various gear types while I’m at it that way.

I’m more about playstyles I enjoy than which ones are OP though. Even though being OP has its own form of enjoyment.

8. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wish covenants weren’t tied to your power progression because I would absolutely love to play night fae or venthyr but at least at the moment necrolord is just so versatile and good for rogue that even if they were perfectly balanced lmao if I show up as not necrolord...

the problem too is that the covenant sits very well in the specs’ kits, unlike the other ones

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I feel like Night Fae is relly strong for Sub Rogue no? Sepsis, extra vanish?

I've a feeling when live the power won't be in the abilities, but in the Soul Binds, which are much easier to tune. Look at priest, they've actually reached a point (for shadow) where it doesn't matter what you pick - because all the cov abilities are kinda shit haha

10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I'm going to be a mage main in SLands; never played a ranged class in high-end raiding, so it'll be nice change of pace for me. First alt will definitely be Spriest and I might try my hand at warlock as well. Knowing me, I'll end up tired of waiting up on tanks for my M+ and will level one for that at some point.