1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I used to have that, but I honestly have no desire to play WoW again. I might level in legion if I am really bored at some point, but I was in the beta and never did more than the DH intro part. Double jump + dash was fun, but not enough for me to want to spend all the time leveling to whatever is max level now. I have been pretty busy lately though.

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If you want to add me at ZEAL92#1215 you can, if you have questions or want any advice. Later on we can run dungeons together (I think) but our time zone difference and server difference is pretty great. Unfortunately can't trade gold or items cross server either.

3. Mestre

Mestre Professor

You must create your characters on server in a medium or high population if you want to get a healthy economy and a good selection of players.

I would suggest a few servers but I know nothing about wow services in Asia.

On a another note
    After 6 years, and lvling my hunter to 110 I now main a MW monk.

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I mained MW for a season last xpac for RBGS and they were awesome. Fun play style, alot of moving around CCing etc. Word is they are going to be up there with the best again this season in arena probably just behind hpal overall. The main reasons remain the same, a good MW is still a pain in the arse to kill and then you throw in a very short CD on their bubble, a CD that is usually shorter then the oppositions DPS burst and you can see why MWs are so valuable in pvp groups. Plus insane single target heals.

I did consider going MW again this xpac because of how fun it was but I played it alot last time (along with restro druid) so thought I would try something different for healing this time. Haven't played hpal for years and since they are still OP this season I decided to give them a go.

I wonder if RMD will still be a thing? Most likely. Felt nostalgic so looked that video up, still good for a laugh.

5. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Wildfeather. Thanks man. But its gonna take time for me to download the game. My FUP is almost out at 20 more GBs and its 512 Kbps after that XD.
    So its prolly gonna be next month at the least for me.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I'd...hold off on playing Warlock, for a bit. As much as I pimped it out earlier, Warlocks just aren't viable right now at Endgame, because we're so buggy and there's a lot wrong with the specs. A lot of stuff got ignored during the beta with the Warlock class, it turns out, and they do not play well at all in PvE Endgame or PvP. Questing is fine, but Dungeons, Raiding, Mythics.....you're gonna be bottom of the board, if you even get in at all. And we get wrecked in PvP because we just don't have the utility. A lot of our artifact traits are bugged, Demo is bugged in general, and a lot of our Artifact Traits are subpar.

Tl;Dr, wait for hotfixes or 7.1, unless you want to just do worldquests and grind artifact power until then.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You jest, but that's totally viable for now pre-raid (maybe even post). World Quest rewards scale off ilvl. I'm 835 with only having done one mythic, last night.

8. Krieger

Blood Dk where it at.

Running as Blook Dk there are some Mythic bosses soloable, just did one then. It was the last boss on Mythic Black Rook Hold. My party wipes when boss was at 70%, no worries. Proceed to solo kill mythic boss as blook dk, the boss had a lot of dodge mechanics so it's quite easy really. Took around 7 minutes after party wiped because I had 3 minutes left on bres when I finished, but still that's broken when you can solo a Mythic boss a couple weeks after release, and there is a few of them soloable atm.

Which makes this boss wipe bad for the dps, because really, WoWs been out over a decade and people still have to learn to not stand in the fucking fire.

I ran 5 Mythics in a row earlier today with some guild group talking themselves up, their warrior literally died every single boss fight. For 5 dungeons in a row. Every single boss fight, dead. Was annoying as hell as much as it was rofl worthy because all 4 of them were 845+ and 2 of them couldn't dodge for shit. The other 2 were alright though.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If anybody in Europe is looking to play I can send you a recruit a friend or resurrect scroll. It would be fun to roll a new character with 300% bonus XP. !

10. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Eh, ressurrection scrools are gone since mop.
    I have the spectal griffin. :D

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's a shame. In WotLK aff lock topped every dps chart, was hella fun to play, and a skilled dotter could wipe an entire 3s pvp team solo. :/

Anyway, whenever I have the urge to play, I just remind myself how WoW addiction basically ruined my social life for 4 years, and that keeps things in check.

12. Krieger

Fml.

Barthilas server population stats according to warcraftrealms: 92% Horde, 8% Alliance.

Trying to level an alt now is killer with everyone being max. And since world quests send max chars everywhere for a server like mine it's just constant gank.

If you want smooth leveling it's either get some friends to protect you, change faction or move to a better server for your faction. I guess two of those options WoW wins.

You aren't getting more money out of me you fuckers. I'll slog through this leveling while constantly getting ganked and than transfer once I'm max.

It's the principle of the thing.

*I still love the new system, way more fun at max level. But because world quests send max chars everywhere everyday you will just get ganked non-stop on a PvP server like mine where there is no one to even challenge the other faction because of the population difference.

Old school PvP servers were fun because you could put up a fight with other people around your level while questing and you had a chance. Throw in the odd max level try-hard coming in for a gank and it's all hunky dory. With this new system it's just constant max levels, everywhere, not even purposingly ganking just running towards a world quest and throwing out a KO while they go on their way.

13. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

So I decided to start again in wow, got my old druid out and gave it a boost. Ashan in Barthilas. Anyone got any Ui recommendations? Packs would be appreciated.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I use duffedUI.

Elvui is popular too

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Huh. Been leveling an alt, and even during my first character, never had much of a problem with getting ganked. Granted, faction population 23% Alliance, 77% Horde, so I'm at an advantage. Still, even from what I've seen, people don't target random alliance players or the other way around.....unless you're in Helheim. That place is, excuse the inadvertent pun, literal hell. AoE for days and days.

As I was saying, most of the time, nothing happens when I come across another player of the opposing faction, no matter the level. A few times I accidentally hit them with a dot as a mindlessly Tab Cycle targets, but when I do I immediately start paying more attention and don't do anything else to em. Either they can't be assed or realize I did it on accident, no idea. In the same way, i've been hit a couple times by AoE or such, but I don't start attacking.

There seems to be a bit of an 'You don't bother me, I won;t bother you' thing going on, on this server. Always been like that, really. Unless you're in certain spots, anyway.

Then you're fucked.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Ganking, even oppressive ganking, has been an issue for a long time. It's why I roll on a pv e server...

17. Perfo

Perfo Squib

You should check on www.icy-veins.com or www.method.gg they give really good advice and share their Ui

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I always just modified my own UI with custom weakauras and a bar manager. Hated Elvui, and i made sure that shit was placed on my screen where I would actually see it.

Than again, it originated in powerauras, and those were much simpler to make then weakauras ever were.

19. TSN

TSN Auror

was there ever any1 on arthas server?

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Cleared EN on normal, even with a buggy dbm