1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm London OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aekiel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

The way I see it, for somebody sneaking around before combat starts, Alertness will probably tell you "there's somebody around, but you don't know where they are or who it is, meaning that you now have a reason to roll Investigation or something next, whilst in combat, I honestly think that it all depends on by how much you beat it by and it should be done on a case by case basis.

2. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

I have sort of neglected posting in this thread...

Anyway, the way I had read it (read: not very carefully) was that alertness would give you some general information about the area, and anything that stuck out immediately, but Investigation would give a good description, and I wasn't really looking for that at the time I was rolling.

As far as Capes vs Contacts thing goes, the only thing I'd add is that Capes would probably also include the cape's past exploits, and thus maybe a bit of their general demeanour. Otherwise, I like the two methods that give partially overlapping info, I guess.

I would go with free actions as well. I don't really like systems that have the characters rolling their own alertness checks if their characters aren't aware as well, but that might just me.

(Also, wasn't it Martian's turn anyway? Speaking of, if neither of the heroes are going to take social combat actions or deliberately talk then I can make a post to introduce Wisp.)

3. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Aek, need to know something for my next post, if I'm using my IE to place an aspect using a maneuver, I still get +2 right?

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sorry for my absence guys, just handed in the essay I had been working on the last few days, will post again today.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Incite effect always gets +2 to manoeuvre/block.

EDIT: Remember that it's still Nimbus' turn at this point.

Initiative looks like:

Nimbus
    Martian
    Zephyr
    Wisp

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

If the other people don't have anything that they're going to say immediately after I say the stuff in my post, I'm just going to teleport out.

Edit: My dialogue choice was intentionally poor because I got a bad roll. Thoughts on this?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Aekiel

High Score:
    @Corellon: Good job on the roleplay, that's what I like to see. Shame about the shitty roll though. That means you take 6 stress on your social track, meaning you take a Moderate Consequence and fill up your second social stress box (or a Severe Consequence and no stress boxes, but I wouldn't suggest that). Wasn't intending this to go as badly for you as it did, but the dice roll as the dice roll.

It's up to you what consequence you take, but if I could make a suggestion I'd go with Lasting Suspicion. It's a decent social consequence (especially in this situation) that would also make for an adequate Concession.

Also, I don't see the aspect 'Fool Me Once' on your character sheet. I vaguely recall that being a stunt, but you don't have that either. You can only invoke Aspects (i.e. Watchful Lord of the Wind, I Bet I Can Make That, etc.), not stunts or powers. Still, it's not too bad in this case because you have plenty of aspects that could cover this sort of invocation, but keep it in mind for the future.

Note: If you ever want to bow out of combat (social, physical or otherwise) it's called Conceding and you have to give something up. It's basically something agreed upon between you and me to show that you've tried fighting and have decided to take the better part of valour. Useful for when you're completely out-matched.

In this case I'd be happy with you taking the consequence I mentioned above, though if you feel that's too much for this situation just shout up another idea and we'll see what works.

And, of course, this applies to NPCs as well. If an NPC wants to bow out of a fight, they're supposed to give something up in exchange. I had an example of this planned for later, using an NPC, but this serves as a decent tutorial on concessions instead.

8. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I'm guessing that he meant to say that he was tagging to temporary aspect he made before, also, it would be pretty easy for him to win the roll, or at the very least lower the fallout. He just needs to spend a fp on a reroll and 1-2 more to beat the roll.

9. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Mishie is correct in that I'm tagging the temporary aspect on Nimbus. And I can't tie or beat the roll he got without a 3 or a 4, Mishie, which isn't likely.

Lasting Suspicion is fine for conceding, I guess.

10. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Uhh, you can beat his roll with a 0 or better if you use all your fp and reroll. Since you've got 3, that's 1 for the reroll, +2 from the tag, +1 from your stats.and +2 per fp you spend on an invoke.

11. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

And that would be burning all of my fate points on one roll that might not even work.

12. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Well, odds are you wouldn't need all of them, and well, there's no point in just hoarding fp since they're meant to be used. Plus there's the fact that Aek will be more likely to give you fp for being in character if you don't already have a stack of fp. He's learnt that letting that happen ends badly for his NPCs.

There's also the fact that the consequence will probably be around until the end of the heist, which is kinda bad, and well, having the Suits think you're up to no good right before the heist probably isn't a good idea.

13. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What I don't understand is why you have to explain shit. I mean, he's the dick who waltzed up on you minding your own damn business on a roof, and suddenly he's entitled to an answer? The fuck?

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    @Corellon: Okay, the temporary aspect on Nimbus is now gone. Do me a favour and tell me when you name them in future. Makes it easier on me if I don't have to search for where you're getting these things. :p

And yes, you could burn 2 or 3 fate points to bring the stress down to the point where it doesn't inflict consequences. Using 2 would leave you with your second stress box filled. Using 3 would erase all the stress. Alternately you could just use 1 and bring it down to a mild consequence. They stick around for a lot less time after you start the recovery process (I think it's one scene length vs one session, iirc).

On that note, if you don't choose to get rid of the consequence, I'm going to judge that it'll take until either after the heist or until you do something that benefits the Suits before the recovery process will start. I think that's a reasonable length of time for Nimbus to get over his wariness. Do you think so too?

---------- Post automerged at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

You ever been stopped by a cop? This is essentially the same thing.

15. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned that it was the temporary one in the post, I'll try to make it clearer next time.

If I burn one to take it down to a mild consequence, I assume that'd still leave me at 2 filled stress boxes?

Lamora, I'm willing to stop because they are/were my friends, and I like them. If they were just random superheroes, the conversation wouldn't have lasted for more than "hello" before I simply teleported out. My aspect IS "Fuck the Police (Except the Ones I'm Friends With)" and these are the aforementioned friends.

Oh, once all this is sorted out I'll update my IC post with the brief character sheet.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    @Corellon: Yep, though the concession effectively means you'll be losing that stress soon anyway since it resets to 0 between scenes and all.

17. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Excellent. Do you have a name for the stress, or do you just want it to be "Temporary Suspicion" or something like that?

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Stress doesn't need a name, only consequences do. Name a consequence as you would an aspect, though it has to be relevant to the cause of the consequence and scaled with the severity of it.

Are you going to spend fate points to lessen the stress you've taken? If so, how many?

19. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

For the rest of the group, I spent 2 fate points to remove the consequence, but left the stress cost alone.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    And concession wise we've went with the higher ups in the Suits being informed that Zephyr and Wisp were in the area.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I'm pretty much free any time from now until Tuesday afternoon since my shifts have lined up perfectly with the Easter bank holidays.

So, Nemrut especially if you're able to get on for a few hours at some point over the next couple of days give me a heads up as to when and we'll do your side quest scene.