1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm London OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aekiel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Social Initiative for Rosetta vs Backblast:

Rosetta
    Backblast

---------- Post automerged 19-04-2014 at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was 18-04-2014 at 09:51 PM ----------

@Nemrut: Backblast rolled a 2 on his assessment. You rolled a 3 with Rapport to Open Up on your Casting Out My Net aspect. You succeeded, therefore Backblast now knows about the aspect you chose and can tag/invoke it.

Backblast rolled a 4 for his Intimidation Social Attack. You rolled a 2 with Discipline. Take 2 stress.

---------- Post automerged 20-04-2014 at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was 19-04-2014 at 04:56 PM ----------

@Abandoned House Group: Apologies for the wait, I just need to finish up Nemrut's scene then we can get back to the action.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Aekiel

High Score:
    And I pronounce the side quest over! Mishie's parting shot is all that's left, then we can start the next scene.

On that note, if you guys have no other plans in mind we'll jump straight to the heist. If you want to try something different in the timeskip, just shout up.

---------- Post automerged at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I've taken some time to update the wiki a bit, adding in some background on the Kings/Queens of the Suits in the city. I'll probably be doing some more tonight, so keep an eye out.

3. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

I'm going to assume "repeatedly hitting his head against a wall" doesn't count as things to do during timeskip.

Otherwise, I'm ready to go whenever. Oh, and the wiki is looking good.

4. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Someone link me to the wiki pages? I can't seem to find them.

5. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Here's the wiki, you can click on The Suits for more information about them, and then in that there's more stuff on the ruling suits.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    And that's a wrap. I have to head off to work so I'll be posting again in 9-10 hours or so. If anyone has anything they'd like to be doing between scenes, shout up.

7. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Oh, I just remembered, my character wanted to pick up radios with earpieces.

8. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd like to mod some of my devices in light of this new knowledge we've gained. Details incoming.

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    Posting confirmation that Rosetta, Wisp and Zephyr received fate points for their roleplay this scene, though Wisp spent his immediately afterwards. We're currently on:

Dynamo – 0
    Fissure – 1
    Rosetta – 3
    Wisp – 0
    Zeyphyr – 1

Don't worry if you're short on fate points right now. There will be compels a'plenty in the next scene, and once the heist is done we'll call that the end of a session and get your FPs set back to your base amount. Also milestones.

EDIT: @Lamora: I'll be starting the next scene up later tonight, but make sure you've posted the details for your new tech (and what you're replacing for it) before you do anything with it.

@Corellon: Radios are fine. If everyone could stick a note about them on their IC thread stat blurb we'll be golden.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  10. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Aaaaand we have a map of your place now. It's a terraced house in the East End. Small for the area, but it has a basement and doesn't look particularly different to any other house on the street. Run down neighbourhood and easy access to the rooftops for if you ever need to get back inside without using the front door.

Someone's sleeping in the living room or converting the spare room on the ground floor into a bedroom. Have fun picking rooms. I've already taken the liberty of sticking Dynamo in the basement, because where else is the Tinker going to work? Unless Lamora is planning some Frankenstein action with a lightning rod on the roof, in which case I apologise. :p

As a side project, can we work on picking Three Aspects for the house? These are supposed to be things that are above and beyond the usual stuff you'd find in a house, so pick them well. Then make a roll for each of them; that will be the difficulty for anyone trying to get past those aspects. The relevant skill is probably going to be Scholarship for Tinker stuff, Resources for things you can buy and Craftsmanship for general housework.

So, for example, you're probably going to want an alarm system. Dynamo would likely have a hand in tinkering with it, so it's going to be a Tinker-Crafted Alarm. Lamora would then roll his Scholarship (you can spend fate points to increase this, but be aware that you're going into a major scene next), which would set the difficulty that someone would have to exceed to break in without setting off the alarm.

This doesn't have to happen right now, but it's something to talk about when nothing else is happening.

EDIT: Also, you guys still need a name for the group. It's getting annoying just calling you 'the group' (don't even think about it). I'd suggest making it an IC discussion. Lots of fun to be had there. :p

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  12. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

A few things, firstly I was kind of assuming that the end of the recon stage would be the end of a session with us probably getting a minor milestone (plus the refresh refresh), since well, it is the end of a stage of the arc and has at least a few days until the actual heist. As for when we'll be doing the heist, I was under the impression that we would find out when the Gooners would do their distraction and then just do it at the same time, although what we would do is set up in the apartment block at least a few hours before that to give Fissure time to set up for his attack on the security system.

For the 3 aspects, Tinker-Crafted Alarm is good, although what we might also do is have me set up an actual workshop with Resources for Lamora, and that might also be an Aspect if you want it to. And as for the third aspect, maybe some sort of deceit/stealth/burglary aspect that's meant to hide any cape stuffs.

13. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Timing wise, I'd say an hour or so before shift change would be ideal. Beyond that, I have no real opinions on anything.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Not really. Think of it as an episode; you've been doing the recon, coming up with the plan and dealing with the distractions in the first half. Second half of the episode is the actual heist. After that the episode (session) ends and milestones are handed out.

Actually, I'm not sure workshops are actually needed. I mean, when we ran our last DFRPG I couldn't really see a need for them; everything they do could be done just as easily with a Scholarship roll combined with a Declaration of Books on the Sidhe or something.

Maybe we could include it if we wanted to limit what a given character's library/workshop might have (like say, Dynamo not having anything on the history of the Cold War after the introduction of powers), but it'd be much easier to just go the usual Declaration route and have me decide whether it would make sense for him to have books on that.

---------- Post automerged 26-04-2014 at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 25-04-2014 at 11:14 PM ----------

On an unrelated note, I've been giving some thought to the question of milestones. It's more difficult to decide when they should happen in PbP because there isn't really an end to sessions beyond the arbitrary. That said, I don't like the idea of you guys going into the first major conflict without fate points and you've all done pretty well on the roleplay front.

Therefore I'm giving you all a minor milestone. So set your fate points to your refresh rate (Fissure goes up to 2, Rosetta stays at 3 and everyone else goes to 1). If you want to change an aspect make sure to post in here beforehand.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Is anyone going to take advantage of this milestone? Check the rulebook for what minor milestones can do. Some of them are quite useful.

Anyway, I'm starting the next scene after I get back from work tomorrow. So if you have anything you'd like to do (Lamora you mentioned something about new Tinker gear) post it in here before it becomes relevant.

16. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

I'd like to swap Survival and Empathy, Zephyr hasn't exactly had a lot of experience running around the countryside riding horses and tracking people, except for what little bits he picked up after the Simurgh visited.

Uh, house aspects, house aspects... Maybe something like a Hidden Access Point? I feel like I'm sort of ripping off Taylor's hideout with it, but it makes sense to have one.

I really am going to follow through with the IC threat if we don't come up with a name, by the way.

Oh, and Rhys calls the converted attic bedroom.

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think I want to swap Alertness and Presence, so that Presence will be 3 and Alertness 1, if that is okay. I feel that someone who wants to use social fu as his main weapon, that would be more useful.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Feel free to change them on your character sheet.

I'd appreciate it if you all kept a record of what you've spent milestones on in one of the notes sections as well.

19. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

So yeah, since I'm the only one with money, I'm going to assume that I spent the past few days getting shit like comms gear and knockout gas grenades (or shit that Lamora can use to make them). Anybody else got shit to add that I went shopping for?

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    What sort of comms gear are we talking here? Store bought walkie talkies? Professional equipment? The latest tinker tech stuff that doesn't actually use radio waves?

Knockout gas is tinker tech at this point in time (this is assuming you want gas that does not have a chance to kill people), so roll me Resources, difficulty 3 to get hold of some.