1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

seemslegit.jpg

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

*makes strangling motions at screen*

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You think that's bad, I was reading along like 'man, this is some pretty reasonable stuff, almost seems like something I'd write..wait... wtf? oh, quote fuckery'.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That wasn't, like, sarcasm. That's my read on him.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I don't remember the last game where I actually noticed Fluff actually being around.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Is the content not an explanation of how I got there? :V
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lit.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why am I psyducking at this
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's like, I want to think that scum Eido wouldn't just blatantly fake "hrm, lemme just say that this is what town me would think as I was reading this quote fuckup"

because it's almost too ridiculous to be possible

8. Eidolonic

I agree with this fwiw. I don't really do the 'intentionally bad as a wolf because I wouldn't do it as a wolf' type thing. I'm more a 'do things so +ev town that it's against my win condition as a wolf' type things that I then overcome via sheer villageriness.

I'm just town here, and you people read into the wrong thing wrt the tom poking early game. The thing that pinged me as being out had nothing to do with what Newcomb had actually posted, and everything to do with Tom, specifically, having confidence in a Newcomb read, when I've expressed frustration with his inability to read myself and Newcomb when we're blindingly obvious town previously.

Like, seeing him go 'Newcomb might even be town' would have triggered a 'man that is not a real thought' ping from me, so seeing a 90% made me poke at it immediately. It just kind of deflated me when it was a Miner meme, and I went right back to my usual early game mix of shitposting and occasional serious post.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

But I've let shotgun "this would never happen from this player as x alignment" reads blow up in my face in the past so

psyduck.jpg

@Eidolonic

Stahp.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eido, would you say with confidence that you definitely would've ragequit this game if you rolled scum?

10. Eidolonic

I can see the Lyric/Citrus ones, but Reg is more 'Disinterested fan looking at his phone, who knows what teams are playing but not really sure what the score is' at this point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I literally choked on my pretzel to the point my eyes bugged out and I was slightly concerned for my continued survival, at this.

Vaimes, mascot. Jesus.

11. Newcomb

Yeah, how about no.

12. Eidolonic

Be town, please. Having to lynch you would feel like kicking a puppy and I don't want to do it.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Vaimes - I'll go into the Citrus read/thoughts later.

Eh, I don't really see any of this read being a Thing. I'll re-read him tomorrow and see if I see any of this though.

Vote wasn't designed to lynch you, nor was it a strong scum read, but pretty much out of everything I'd read your focus/posts were the ones I took most issue with and vote was pretty much meant to show that, sort of hoped to build discussion from it and actually get the game moving into some actual alignment-indicative discussion and hopefully start to get myself involved from it. It's not worked as much as I was hoping it was but I don't think it's been useless at all so meh.

Pretty much I was at and still mostly am at a really weird place in terms of playing this game where I came into this not really trusting myself to be able to...read people by myself which might sound stupid but I'd consider myself semi-broken as a player/person right now in a lot of ways. And coming into this and having zero actual thoughts or reads when going through it first, and having no reads to base things around or work with, or feel like I'm making no progress or having any real effect/influence on this game is kinda depressing. Like I want to play, I want to be able to help, I was actually pretty pumped with the playerlist and rolling town, and sure I've got limited time sure, but I do have some time and even in that time I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing with it other than running my eyes over pages and shrugging my shoulders after it. Vote/thoughts on you was/is pretty much a "Here's the little thoughts I have, hope it helps" type of thing I guess is what I'm trying to say and I don't really know how to do much better than that.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Shhh.

I need to see what he answers for science.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Voxx the all star designated hitter playing mediocre first base for interleague play.

16. Newcomb

It's kind of a gross question to ask in the first place, is my point.

But you do you I guess; I forgot for a second this wasn't MU and we don't actually have rules prohibiting sub meta talk.

17. Eidolonic

Hum. Is this a serious vote? Can you cite Tom doing this before in a game?

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Nod. You don't have any connection-ish things based around them at all? I kind of thought Citrus's handling of Fluff here/read on him felt similar-ish to Jan re; Fluff in Disney and could easily see a Citrus!Scum/Fluff!Town thing from it.

19. Eidolonic

Also, I don't really get the Reg read here. If anything him lacking energy and drive is a scum thing for him historically, he enjoys being town and strongly dislikes being scum, and kind of 'goes through the motions'. He's still not _bad_ at it, much like myself, but there's a distinct difference in enjoyment/energy levels I think.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Meh

Unvote, Vote: Citrus