1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The read on me fits into that pattern. Like, if I was drawing out a path scum!von would most likely follow, him coming out with some weak suspicion on me would definitely be on there.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I think vaimes, regardless of alignment, would naturally fall into scumreading me and townreading those three.
    And town vaimes having real reads is more likely to change up [some number of them] in a vacuum.

3. fontisian

Logic is how you check your gut doesn't want you to eat something poisonous.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'd almost be comfortable adding that in for the purposes of the above.
    Especially since it still works for his buddies too

5. fontisian

Yeah, I agree.

I'm out, will sleep on that.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This interaction did *not* feel actively like you were scum.
    So progress/finally fooling me a little accomplished

7. fontisian

The "Fooled Tom Party" will be tomorrow in the lounge. Please bring a dish. Desserts are already covered.

8. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Skimmed thread, thoughts so far:

Citrus: towny
    I find his excitement genuine, and I read it as a "I'm so excited to be gamesolving with all these awesome players" kind of excitement.
    I'm unfamiliar with Citrus' scum game, but I feel like the player list would be more intimidating as scum? Or like a specific type of excitement as scum that isn't quite as pure imo. Then he votes me to generate discussion, which I found believable. He also light reads me as town, which I have a hard time seeing coming from scum because of its pure lack of necessity during a time I was barely present? And it's not strong enough to be pockety.

Eido: I also read towny, his speculation on setup ("don't speculate as town, because it'll give scum info") seems like a towny thought, his aggression and early pushing also from town (because Eido is experienced, so I feel like being "nitpicky" from the beginning is construed as scummy enough times that the risks probably aren't worth it). I think his attempts to move game forward seem genuine (telling Reg and Fluff to post more, trying to get fluff easier to read, etc) and would also be anti-scum. Pushes Citrus to elaborate on his null-slight townread on me, which I read null, but then he adds a little thought in like "If I squint I could maybe see a like 'If they were a wolf they'd actually force some content especially in their first wolf game (I think it's their first wolf game...I know they were town in one of their games and widely town read at that, but I don't remember the other one)"
    which in my head comes from town, because that requires actual analysis of a very old game and also a thought I don’t think scum would wanna put out there when there’s no reason to defend me and likely nobody remembers me?

Fonti: I also lean town on for some of the similar reasons as Eido, her early push on Eido would be high risk/low benefit as scum imo, like too nitpicky to truly do anything, and therefore I see as genuinely trying to move the game along. I thought her and tom's convos were very relaxed and natural (but I'm less likely to read tom town for it because he's pretty natural as scum in the first place, and his current play reminds me of Mountainous, in which he was scum and I townread him in part of his super easy posts and banter) and her read on tom is very similar to mine, which makes her seem even townier to me.

Newcomb: His response saying Citrus died N1 WH5 was just so...cute and natural, I think I gutread him town for it in the beginning. So far seems active and game-solvey, so I read null leaning town. His vote on me kinda on the weaker side, but it's early game and a push is fair enough, and I thought him reaching back on meta with me probably comes from town, same as Eido.

Tom: I find him performative in the same way he was in Mountainous. I think his response to Citrus and Newcomb (?)'s votes on me pretty gross, like they were intro posts and he labeled them as "weird" and then immediately adds on that "it could just be because of XYZ" and doesn't vote me while encouraging votes on me. I don't really see a towny motivation for that. Null leaning scum

Vote: Tom

I have more thoughts/reads/etc, but will go on a more thorough reread soon, but wanna get my main thoughts out there for transparency/ so people can interact with me in real time. Also not caught up on last few pages
    --- Post automerged ---
    That is way longer than I expected, I'm sorry.

Anyone have advice on how I can make posts more readable? Also on how I can multiquote over pages?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I shall bring weed and and a meatloaf.

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    My skim focused largely on discussion related to me (just because it caught my attention more), but after my reread I'll look at interactions and ask questions and blah blah
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: Tom

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Real talk I know we're very different players but other than the (consensus?) citrus read not many things you mentioned are even things that stuck out as notable to me lyric.

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    That response actually reads pretty towny to me.

And how come? Let's talk!

--- Post automerged ---
    Why is this weird font changing thing happening in my posts

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'm condensing that in my head to approximately

Voxx and Newcomb town for being voxx and Newcomb

Fonti town for, just, doing stuff

Tom scum for being tom

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I don't really have meta so that means very little to me...

I don't really know how to respond to that.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thought was weird
    Didn't hate the votes (left out the part where I didn't like them either I didnt/don't want to vote you but that's (probably not actually) implied.
    That's the entire motivation

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    So you thought I was being weird, and wanted to see my responses to the votes is what you're saying? Why didn't you add pressure then?

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well
    Why would scum____ not do _____?
    Put your reads in those blanks

Or just, read and give other ones.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm happy voting fonti still. Didn't feel the need to vote a null read just for wagons.
    Think saying I don't hate the votes expressed my feelings perfectly

18. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    What exactly in my posts did I find towny that you found null? Are you saying that my thinking scum X wouldn't do Y is a bad way of analyzing?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Honestly this is making me townread you because I'm having a hard time communicating with you/following you, and that was just v much not the case when you were pocketing me. :/

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not a bad way, I just don't think those were things outside [fonti/newc/voxx] scumranges
    --- Post automerged ---
    And that, of course, was partially the purpose.
    You scumread me I bury you in tomness. See how you respond.

20. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Unvote: Tom

--- Post automerged ---