1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Can you read through my post on Citrus and maybe talk with me about it for 5 minutes before then? I probably won't see you before deadline otherwise.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Same goes for @Newcomb

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Can someone translate deadline to EST plz

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    7 pm
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm neither of these people but I would think he'd ask you about [whoever] instead of Newcomb because it was more about reading you?

Obviously the "just talking about his mislynches" narrative could work too but it's not my first thought.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I mean, I've said some of this myself, so I'm generally in agreement. Not this strongly - I could see time-crunched Citrus just not having had /time/ to really take the next step and turn the blender on and turn those Citrus question ice cubes into a reads smoothie.

the fuck did that metaphor come from. I'm legit exhausted right now.

Think the criticism of the Lyric thing in 263 is the biggest agreement from me. Having a light town on Lyric for that opening and explaining it with "smoothness engaging with me" is pretty ????

I think the fluff townread could deffo be TMI but I don't get a strong sense that it actually is. Think they've played together enough and Citrus's perception of fluff's meta would be strong enough for me to believe that's a legit read.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh, that citrus post.
    I went back to a different one.

6. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Also, if it helps people, I'm just as frustrated about my own lack of ability to give reads here and people's responses lmao.
    Like, I've been thinking a lot about why that's the case since tom kept pointing it out and if I've just been lazier than I should be or something, but chances are I'm apparently just not a very good scumhunter Day 1, like straight-up genuinely. (as a side note, actually wasn't really the case in the game I subbed out of! so maybe it's a DLP thing).

Maybe I am not trying hard enough and like excusing myself by "eh my reads won't be great anyways", which is fair, and I'll work hard when I'm back regardless, but my thoughts are all real and I feel like, for purposes of Day 1, reading towny people towny even on a shallow level (because they are being active and therefore being pro-town by making more information available, etc) is fine and my paranoia has made my reads worse not better in the past. Plus I'm not concerned that my incorrectly townreading someone is going to do anything (rest of thread will balance my reads out with their own suspicions/better meta/whatever).

Will do my ISOs/catch up and "try to reach deeper" I guess but I feel a touch stumped.

--- Post automerged ---
    Hmm I guess I do focus on building a town, but that also has gotten me my scum lynches rather than my own reads in the past (like cooperating with other town). So maybe not good playing, but it's been working for me

7. Newcomb

If you're a villager (or even if you're not, really) this is a great attitude and very impressive for a relative newbie. Props.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Not super into some of your citrus stuff but this whole thing was pretty weird. Including it not seemingly changing his read of me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Both citrus and fluffy have that "I planned this all along" moment that they just didn't really do anything with (citrus' lyric vote and fluffy unexplained read) and neither quite makes sense as a gambit.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh I really want to start thinking about this game being hard mode. But I guess it can wait since I don't seem to be a viable lynch today and there's no world where I'm the NK prolly?

I still vaguely like citrus but I'm questioning that a little.
    Cobalt I'm just waiting on now but apparently my meta sucked so :shrug:

Maybe the just become my messy tier with lyric and reg

But that leaves me with really disconcerting "towncore" of newcomb and voxx

So maybe everyone is in the messy tier except vaimes/fluff/fonti who all make sense as scum to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lol that post colorized is

L
    O
    L
    Newc/voxx
    Citrus/cobalt/lyric/reg
    Fluff/font
    Vaimes
    L O L
    --- Post automerged ---
    What are townreads
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fuck it.
    Voxx/newcomb/reg all town don't @ me

Tinfoil is for lylo

9. Newcomb

[​IMG]

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ive done the math this is 41.7% likelihood based on 8/2
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Tom/Lyric
    Newcomb
    Eido
    Fonti/Vaimes/Fluff
    Cobalt
    Citrus

Where I'm at.

Scum!Citrus would move Fluff up to the Tom/Lyric level.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dat green tier with all my scumreads though

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I've no real read on Vaimes overall after looking at him earlier and I've yet to look through Fluff/Fonti deeply.

I think your Citrus!Town read was/is wrong, but I'm with you mostly on Newcomb/Eido!Town.
    I'm also p damn sure you're town at this point.

So shrug?
    --- Post automerged ---
    fwiw, in a Scum!Citrus world I'd probably be super careful re; ruling out Eido.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I've more or less abandoned townreads of citrus/cobalt completely but still not seeing much reason to actively scumread.

Think vaimes and fonti have both done Things I Expect Scum To Do but are not together.

Fluff fills out a lot of teams nicely and just [lack of towniness] which is shitty as a reason for fluff but exists and I don't even remember if I've played with or read scumfluff but he's usually going somewhere by now and that lyric vote was pretty shit.
    --- Post automerged ---
    He also works with fonti imo but, again, just feeling lucky here.
    Alive on day ___ may be a different story.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Have gone into pretty big depth re; the Citrus scum read, it's one I feel good about. With Cobalt it's a weak scum read of mostly things that people have already brought up, dude can easily flip either alignment here but I'm not going to fight against his lynch here, moreso for my preferred one.

Would agree with them probably not being aligned.

Nod, don't think that's impossible but fair enough.

Okay I'm off for a few hours.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah i read your citrus stuff at least twice and I come away mostly going "sure that could be what's happening" but there's other narratives/explanations for most of it and it's eh.
    You do seem to believe it though so that's something
    --- Post automerged ---
    Let's just pretend these are my real reads that aren't ridiculously oversimplified and don't fill me with dread at all:

Voxx/newc/reg
    Lyric/cobalt/citrus
    Vaimes/fluff/fonti
    --- Post automerged ---
    I hate it needs more readslist gimmick

Turning metaphor on head I'm the groundball pitcher, trying to get outs

Newcomb/voxx/reg in the infield. They seem like they're on my team but I'll always be more suspicious of them if they make any errors out there, and keep trotting back out every inning.
    Guess I'm putting Newcomb at first base?

I don't really trust my outfield of lyric/citrus/cobalt which is why I'm jamming that sinker to keep the ball down. Hoping one or more of them will make a good play and clear themself if the situation comes up.

And then we've got what seems like an opposing team.
    Vaimes up there with a 0-1 count looking uncomfortable in the batters box.
    If that's an out fonti becomes my 4th infielder, if not she's def in the batting order.
    Fluff is picking grassblades in the on deck circle forever.

Im... not sure this ended up meaning anything but I've typed too many words not to post it plus it's gonna make fontis eyes roll back in her head
    --- Post automerged ---
    Live look at me:
    [​IMG]

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I am here!
    --- Post automerged ---
    @tom To clarify my fonti read with the post count, it's not so much that I thought "oh scum would never do that!", it's that I thought okay, counting everyone's posts is a)annoying/time and effort b)easy to fake
    so the fact that fonti bothered to count all the posts for every person and use it to point out fluff's activity in comparison to everyone else after doing so made me think a) she's thinking about it and b) it's something that I feel like scum has little to gain from, like she could've use that time and effort to do something that isn't so easily dismissed as not town!effort if that makes sense
    --- Post automerged ---
    I just considered another angle as I typed that out where it was part of fonti trying to set up fluff as a mislynch and like still eh, not worth it. It's weak/never going to convince anyone and it only makes fonti look bad for a poor push so still think it's likelier to come from town as pressure/genuine suspicion.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I get that it's more "why would she bother as scum" than "this is townie"

Just doesn't do anything for me (wrt to fonti or you)

19. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Honestly I think something that weirds me out about you specifically is that you nullread me, which means you think I'm not towny, yet you kind of talk to me like town? Like your posts seem semi-soft and coachy almost in a way that would make more sense if you found me at least lightly towny and were exasperated by my "easy" townreads? Like a "hey lyric, that's an easy thing for scum to fake, try thinking about it X" kind of tone vs "I feel like these thoughts aren't particularly deep and it makes me suspicious of you". I know I specifically engaged you in this post and you were answering a direct question, but it's been the case since your first responses to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh hi tom

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Well, your thoughts aren't particularly deep but I don't think that makes you scummy.
    And a null read is, like 66-77% town
    And you seem nice?

Idk am I talking to you like town or just talking to you