1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Gemma, Dec 3, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Mtgs. I think I was actually third party and the other reason I pushed you is that I knew you were town and also didn't want to get shot by the scumteam?

I think you have the impression that I bring down my towngame to help my scumgame, which really isn't true.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why/how?

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I think it's been true in some games in the past, where like 'being really obvious town is hard work', but this is more a theory/playstyle thing that isn't relevant here. Just an overall thing more from games I've modded than played in, since you tend to 'get up' for playerlists a bit.

Fair on the MTGS game, feel like I got vigged or replaced out and was barely playing, so I don't really remember it at all.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    K I think
    Fonti is just town
    Newcomb feels good
    Reg is still fine
    Lyric/voxx/fluff/citrus exist and probably contains a wolf

Obviously not feeling great about that and would very much like to come up with another townread.

4. Eidolonic

I agree that Lyric/Fluff/Citrus contains a wolf, I think. Weirdly getting more sure on Fonti with her continued aggression, which isn't exactly behavior I want to encourage from her, but is what it is :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    Odds Vaimes was like 'so yeah just town read all of reg/newcomb/eido/maybe fonti, you aren't going to lynch them' in wolfchat? (not compleeeetely serious)

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Lyric - Can I get a link to that game you played/replaced out of that's now completed please.

6. fontisian

So, I think Fluff is probably the easiest clear of those three. I've already talked about the meta difference, and how he doesn't have the same slimy self consciousness. I also think that based on the kills he made in his last scumgame, if he bussed Von there he would have done it with the intention of mislynching Cobalt the next Day. Thoughts?

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Can't stay/not fully caught up, but can someone actually explain to me how tom/fonti/me/citrus/and fluff aren't near clear from that wagon last night?

Also how could people possibly think Cobalt would be my NK or any of my play would make sense from w/w like nearly at all?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like holy shit you guys.

8. Eidolonic

Can you cite you talking about Fluff's meta or point me to it? Sorry, on phone right now and it's being an ass. No real rush, Fluff's on the docket for me to properly try and sort today anyways.

I think the problem is like. Cobalt NK makes no sense from /anyone/ so it's hard to really use 'I don't think they'd have made this kill' as a reason. Outside of mayyybe Reg, because I really think it'd never even occur to him to do it.

9. fontisian

@Eidolonic

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Pretty much agree here. Like I want to just say "it must be someone insane" but
    Well
    I'm town

11. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Sorry, would I be being terrible if I volunteered to be mislynched as part of POE here? I don't actually mind if it'll help town and like I don't know if I just need to calm down from my wtf reaction first but like ???????????
    --- Post automerged ---
    Give me genuine feedback on that please.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If you're town you shouldn't ever want/try to be lynched.

But focusing on not getting lynched isn't the right way to play, pretty much if you're town here, help us work out who's scum.

And just keep posting your thoughts/reactions/opinions in the thread.

13. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Ugh I can't tell if I'm being an ass or not
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, ninja'd

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Like talk about this a bit. Why do you think it's impossible/implausible that scum would have bussed? If you think those names are all town, you're left looking at (who) for scum. You think it's (who) more likely than (who) and (why). Some of that would be helpful.

15. Eidolonic

I mean, there's a non-zero chance you get lynched, but objective should be to try and find the wolf and get them lynched first. If game flow looks like it's heading in your direction, and you're town, then objective becomes to find the wolf and try to ensure they get lynched after you.

Basically, being in the PoE doesn't mean to just roll over and give up, it just means there's a lot of people who are very likely town, and we need to figure out who the wolf is in the people remaining.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm.

Could you take a look at Stardew? See if that same sliminess is apparent there.

My issue is that his reasons for the case on Newcomb frankly seem like total bullshit, but like. I can totally see town!fluff just kind of pulling shit out of his ass to try and support a gut read or something too, heh.

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    @Regfan
    I think it's very -ve. I know this helps absolutely no one, but *I'm* super sure this would neverrrrr have been my first wolf game. Like in no universe ever kind of way. I can go into that more if someone wants but I know those are just words and even I don't KNOW what I'd be ;ike so lmao.

Citrus: has to leave near immediately, phone posting close enough to EoD and kind of hectic, wagon is at 3v3, goes Von. Fluff, comes in close to day end, wagon is at 4v4, votes von and ultimately seals lynch. tom and fonti literally lead wagon

It's Day 1, I still believe it's v likely to be 8v2 and probably fairly low powered (Gemma herself says it's low complexity) and Cobalt and even fluff and Citrus were still veryyy viable wagons.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Pretty much what Eido said.

Like right now you've got 0 (?) votes on you, you're merely just someone that's inside the pool of players we're hunting/focusing on, that's not a bad thing at all if you're town. What you should be doing is letting us know if you think we're hunting in the right pool of players (ie. I'm confident that Tom/Newcomb/Fonti are town so I've removed them, if you think one of them is/could be scum, discuss that with me) and then post your thoughts on that.

18. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I can't see the benefit of scum letting Vaimes get lynched Day 1, esp when he could've survived at least a few more days and he even posted that he's looking into a replacement.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Okay. But he did get lynched.

I'm needing you to take the next step. Who's scum and why?
    Is it not possible that one of the votes placed on him was for distancing?
    Is it possible Vaimes asked to be bussed?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also it's EV not VE imo

20. fontisian

Facts can't be in your opinion, Reg.