1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Movie Ever?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Arthellion, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Which movie is your least favorite?

I'm gonna go with 102 Dalmatians. Absolutely sucked and disappointed my child's heart who was hoping to see Pongo again.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

After Earth, the Will Smith and Jaden Smith sci-fi.

I wish I could get the money and time back I spent watching that fucking terrible ass movie.

3. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

Likely not the worst, but the first that comes to mind: Now You See Me. Decent movie but the plot twist at the end was the worst “am I subverting your expectations winkyface” shit I’d ever seen. It actually made me angry.

4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really? I actually thought it was super well done. One of the better plot twists in a movie I've seen.

5. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Alone in the Dark (2005)

With Tara Reid as a museum curator and archaeologist. That was the red flag I should have heeded.

6. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

100% the Justice League. Such a lazy mess of a movie that doesn't fit into the so bad its funny categorisation. It's just depressingly, agonisingly dull with terrible acting, unconvincing cgi, the most generic plot, godawful pacing and massive tonal inconsistencies. Pumping 300 mil into a movie about superheroes beating people up should at the very least feel fun. This was not.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Battlefield Earth is still the worst. Nothing can top that magnificent shitfest.

8. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I suppose I should mention The Room, but really, nobody but Weiseau himself actually thinks that was ever going to be a good movie.

mans by this point, it’s a goddamn cult classic.

9. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Son of the Mask.

It ruined my childhood.

10. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I will watch any movie that has Gal Gadot in it.

11. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

God Rot Tunbridge Wells! is a 1985 biopic of Handel, mostly the period of his life during which he wrote Messiah. It's without a doubt the least entertaining movie I've ever seen in my life, the least interesting story, and this is without the advantage of having a director like Rian Johnson, so it was actually coherent, the mind could follow the whole thing and continue to get more and more bored. I reached negative levels of interest. The soundtrack doesn't save it because it doesn't fucking work; there's no reason to be playing Handel's masterpieces because they don't do anything to set the scene, they don't guide the emotional response of the audience because the script presents no reason to have an emotional response, they don't describe anything that happened in Handel's life because he wrote music about Christ, he didn't write music about milling around in Europe performing concerts. The narration is this hacking smoker's lung the entire time, so you can understand what's being said, you just can't help but wonder if the movie would be better off without it. There's even this reused shot where there's a man with smoking an old timey pipe in a tavern while people are dancing and it's so lazy and blindingly obvious I screamed at the screen in class and no one was even mad at me. They could have just not had it in the damn movie, why the fuck was it in there twice? It didn't need to be as long as it was. There are no stakes, there is no conflict, there is no emotion, there is one character who stays through the whole movie and no one can stand his God damned voice and attitude about everywhere he has to go touring. I have to give it, without any exaggeration at all, a 0/10. The microscopic advantage it gains from being coherent is overshadowed by the fact that it's coherently terrible- I could understand how and why it was terrible and my anger kept me awake the entire time.

12. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Avatar the Last Airbender. Apparently they started with the race changing just so that the actress for Katara could play her as she was some rich kid. Nepotism strikes again.

13. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Being John Malkovich. One of the few movies I've ever walked out of. Also the only thing keeping me from agreeing with @KHAAAAAAAN!! about Battlefield Earth.

14. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Suicide Squad is the closest I've ever come to walking out of a film.

The Sweetest Thing might have had a brilliant second half, but I turned it off in disgust shortly after the comedic highlight of Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate and Selma Blair singing about pros and cons of huge cocks.

I was bored to tears by No Country for Old Men; There Will be Blood had a similar effect, bar a couple of memorable moments.

15. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

The second Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Similar to Shinysavage, it was the closest I've ever got to walking out of a movie before.

Utter garbage film.

16. masterpeng

masterpeng First Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, agree on The Last Airbender. Not sure whether I would have rated it worst movie if I never watched the cartoon. I don't think I enjoyed a TV series as much as Avatar ever again.

17. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh man, how could I forget Transformers 2 and 3? The first one is OK, I didn't see the Mark Whalberg ones, and Bumblebee was pretty good, to my surprise, but Revenge of the Fallen and Dark Side of the Moon...the perils of dating a Transformers fan (although even she hated them tbf).

Edit to add: I didn't mind the Avatar film so much tbh, largely because I was watching it a) knowing what it was going to be like, b) with similarly minded friends and c) a lot of alcohol.

18. FivePilots

FivePilots First Year

The Emoji Movie, watched it and regretted it immediately.

19. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Batman vs. Superman.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

But why?