1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worthwhile PS3 Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Xiph0, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

This. <_<

Also, I feel like reiterating-- Motorstorm is the fucking shit. Greatest racing game of all time.

2. Kraken

Kraken Sixth Year

Assassins Creed 2 blew my mind a fair bit and MGS4 will only really mean anything to you if you're already a fan of the series. Other than that, I'd have to say that God of War III looks incredible. I played a demo at a friends house and it was simply spectacular.

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Yahtzee tends to exaggerate the flaws of the games he reviews, but I think he's actually pretty fair. Maybe hypercritical, but his reviews do tell me what I can expect to be disappointing about a game.

Demon's Souls is decent, with a nice singleplayer/multiplayer experience blended together to create a long-lasting appeal.

BlazBlue has gotten some good reviews, I've tried it though, found the fighters stiff and tired. Didn't care for it.

Tried the newst dragon ball game (they tend to be okay fighters), raging something... the combo system is wonky but after seeing my brother play it with his friend, it looked okay, if you're into that sort of thing.

4. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

inFamous - Good idea, nice graphics, boring as shit side missions. A game that you will probably play only twice as good and bad person - but there are really no differences.

Uncharted 2 - Gorgeous graphics, very good VO, but after playing it through, there isn't much to come back expect for multiplayer, which IMO isn't something great.

Killzone 2 - Standard FPS game, nice graphics, quite nice singleplayer campaing, very good multiplayer.

Assassin's Creed II - They got rid of repetitiveness from the first game, added some character evolution to the main character, kept Desmond Miles sections to minimum and invested in a good screenwriter.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Im not that sold on GoWIII. The first God of War was awesome. The second was okay... as in I never bothered to finish it.

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Disgaea 3
    Dragon Age: Origins (although if you have a good PC, get that version instead)
    Borderlands
    Assassin's Creed 2

Those, pretty much.

7. Benjin

Benjin First Year

I don't really use my PS3 much. Only games I got on it is MGS4 and Tekken 6. I recommend getting Assassins Creed II though. I have it for my Xbox, and I'm enjoying it so far. Pretty awesome game. Its not repetitive, like in the first one.

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah, Assassin's Creed 2 is pretty awesome. The only problem I have with it is that games can't be transferred to other PS3s. The gameplay itself is excellent, and there is minimal repetition in terms of quests and stuff, its quite diverse. It is probably my favourite game on any platform right now.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is also very good. The single player is fun, but the multiplayer sections and the 'special missions' are really awesome if you have two or three people who just want to have some fast-paced action. I would recommend it over Killzone 2.

I've been meaning to get Uncharted 2 and Batman as well...

9. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

Uncharted 2

/filler

10. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Demon's Souls is good if you don't have a problem going through the same area over and over again.

Friends watched me play it for an hour and started to rage over that.

11. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Prototype is a fun slaughterfest. Batman: Arkham Asylum is fucking saweeeet. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 is pretty fun if you like comics. Red Faction Guerrilla is also awesome - the trick is to see how many levels you can complete with just the sledgehammer.

12. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Assassins Creed 2 is a must, awesome in a bottle.

Always been a sucker for sports games, so I'll mention FIFA and NHL as usual aswell.