1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Would you die to save your best friend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, May 17, 2006.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    We wont go Stalin on you if you don't post like that or off-topic.

2. Belzebu

Belzebu First Year

oh....ummm..yeah i just read a few post up above me...well 2 actually...and yeah sorry about my...previus post...ok! now to get on the topic of this....discussion....

Me personally...i wouldn't die for my friends...i would give up alot for them get horrifically injured...well maibe not...the point of this is...that their just your friends....i know htat you guys think that friends are a great thing...but after a while friends drift apart....i knows this for a fact i've been through alot of "best friends" in my short 16 years of life...and you may think that i sound like a preppy 16 yr old bitch but its true...and you cant denny it everyone has had a best friend at one point...just dissapear slowly from their life only to be replaced by another...now...if the question was would you die for a family member(immidiate fammily) then i would say without a doubt that yes i would...so no...dieing for a "friend" is out of the question...cause when you take into consideration what is a friend really? just an acuantance with who you spend considerable ammounts of time with helping and trading in favours for....ahhh....but no matter what i say here i still love my friends....just not enough to give my life for....call me a covard or a bastard...my friends are awsome but their not worth emough for me to give avay my own existance ( probably my fear of death )...

3. Dark Lord Rostam

You like...totally...disregar...ded....what....I...sa...id.

Stop with the dots.

4. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

*rubs his nose and pretends he didn't see that*

Anyway for this thread I think this quote is well suited;

"People always talk about dying for his country but they never talk about killing for his country."

And

"The point is not for you to die for your country but make the other bastard die for his!"

5. Belzebu

Belzebu First Year

ahhh, alright yeah sorry about the dots but its like a bad habbit you don't even know how much it takes from me not to do it, hmmm but yeah i'll stop i guess it could get annoying....but i wont stop completely...its gonna be like a compromise i promise to cut back on them, lol

6. BloodLust

BloodLust Banned

wow thats a new one.
    addicted to dots.

If the killing for your friends would involve going to prison i dont think i could do it. I'd rather die than spend life in jail.

7. Dark Lord Rostam

It's not killing for your friends but dieing.

8. BloodLust

BloodLust Banned

yeah I know, I'm just adding to how some people are saying they'd kill for their friends but not die for them. So not completely off topic.

9. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Holy shit Belzebu! Try not to ever post like that again. Please use punctuation and capitalization. Not every sentence needs to end with three periods.

10. Belzebu

Belzebu First Year

I know, I know..lol..but like i said its a bad habit, i will try to use normal punctuation more and cut back on the periods, and about what she said..yeah dieing is rather more alluring to me as well than spending the rest of my life as a prisoner..but if you would kill to save someones life wouldn't that count as..well not self-defense but defense nonetheless, meaning that you would get a shorter sentence or no sentence at all, might be wrong tho...damn just did spell check on this...i really suck at spelling...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  11. Nullify

Nullify Seventh Year

You should also watch your spelling. Clicking the spellcheck button isn't that hard now, is it?

12. Dark Lord Rostam

You just completely ignored what Lord Xantam said. You still have a lot of your sentences ending in multiple periods. First slash'/s from Cup, now dots from...Belzebu...

13. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

That's not true. Not everyone keeps replacing their best friends. I've known mine since I was three.

14. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I'd definitely die for my best friend if it would save him. I've known him since 4th grade and we're still friends. I know for a fact that he'd do most anything in his power to save me.

15. Doxkid

Doxkid Backtraced

Yes. I would die to save my friends/family. However, if you ever pissed me off, i may reconsider. If at all possible, and they would almost definitely live, i wold do something so totally retarded that in death for years, i am still pissing people off.
    example:
    We are in a terrorist hideout. there two or three bullets in my gun. The terrorists (five) have fully loaded guns. they have a bomb.

Solution:
    I would run for the bomb zig zaging to avoid bullets through the skull or heart and use it as a shield. then i would detonate it. problem solved. The terrorist are dead or dieing painfully, my friend is dead or dieing painfully, i am dead and i didn't die like a pussy. I want to go out in a blaze of fire as the enemies go "shit...what do we do now? He killed the president, and destroyed all our shit. I think he even sent out e-mails of what we did."

Ps. i hope that it is ok for me to post this. I was recently told not to bump posts and stuff, but i dont know how to bump or not bump. please tell me exactly what a bumpis and how to avoid doing it.

16. Vayne

Vayne Second Year

Bad Doxkid! No necrobumping!

Bumping is the act of making a post in an old thread that's been inactive for a long time, as your new post will 'bump' that thread to the top of whatever category it's in. In this case, the post before yours was over 2 WEEKS ago, indicating the thread is dead. Your post brought it back to the top, resurrecting it from the dead, and is hence termed a necrobump (necromancy being the act of raising the dead).

17. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Well since this one is alive again, I'll say that yes I would die for my friends but only if I couldn't think of any bloody way possible to keep both them and myself from dying.

As for the Wormtail situation, I guess I would have no choice but to bite it. I would never want to live if it meant I would have to live knowing I'd sold out my best friend and his innocent wife and child.

18. Doxkid

Doxkid Backtraced

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!! I didn't know! Seriously! I've been trying to figure it out for a while!! i though that i might be that but since i looked around and people where saying bump in their responses i thought it was OK! I'll try not to do it again i swear! I was just warned about it but the description wasn't to good so i couldn't figure it out!

19. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

^At least you didn't bump a several month old topic.

As for the focus of the thread:
    I would put myself in a lifethreatening situation to save my friend and I would do anything to save my firend's life but I can't say that I would voulunteer to take my friend's place in front of an executioner.

20. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Two weeks isn't horrible compared to the six month-to-1 year bumps I've seen. I don't see my friends dieing to save me so I probably wouldn't for them. (It may have something to do with me being a sarcastic asshole. :))