1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Would you die to save your best friend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, May 17, 2006.

1. Lord North

Lord North Second Year

there are only two people I would die for. probably my mother because well duh she is my mother. then my best friend sam. cause she has been there for me since we were really young kids. everybody else I would probably betray them rather than die for them.

I have a question. looking at what wormtail did. what do you think ron or herman would do if they were in the same situation like wormtail? saying there like the secret keeper for harrys location.

2. Khantael

Khantael First Year

This is an interesting question. I semi-recently wrote a short (and not very good) Peter-centric one-shot about the choice Peter had to make, and how it's not even a choice, really. You're dead or you're as good as dead to those you care about - neither way is a good way out.

As for myself... as much as I'd love to be the hero and say of course I'd save my best friend, no, I probably wouldn't. People have been saying it would depend on the situation, whereas with me it is because of the situation that I probably wouldn't save them.

When I'm famous with nasty situations (which I would file this under) like deaths, friends being fired, stuff like that, I completely freeze up emotionally. Not that I'm massively emotional earlier anyway as my friendships aren't as strong as most people's because I struggle to know what exactly friendship is - I'm not used to having friends and I'm not used to putting them before myself.

I'd answer any question, though not necessarily completely truthfully - especially if I knew that I'd be dead or as good as whether or not I answered anyway.