1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW accounts

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I fully agree with that. Sold mine aswell. If I still had that game I bet I would've been addicted to WoW to this day.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've played on and off since release, never sold my account. If I am not enjoying it, I simply stop paying my account and wait till I feel like playing again. I am picking up cataclysm, which should be delivered here in a few hours.

I was in the beta, which I took a look at. Seems to be pretty decent, and I am really keen to just go 1-60 again in the revamped old world. I've heard amazing things about it, and am looking forward to it.

Haven't played live in a year, so yeah.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hit Redridge, seriously, they didn't just improve it, they took it from one of the shittiest zones to one of the most balls out awesome places/quest chains in the whole game.
    You get to play out the entire plot of Rambo First Blood, splatter thousands of orcs under your tank treads and blow up half of Redridge permanently. The craziest part? Shit like that is common now, I fucking love it.

4. Palurien

Palurien Third Year DLP Supporter

Realm:- Auchindoun
    Race:- Human/Dwarf
    Class:- Paladin/DK/Hunter/Shaman
    Name:- Hanrel
    Lvl:- 4 level 80's. Way too many 50-79's to count >.<
    Skills:- Mostly Mining/Skinning, Hunter is JC.

Been playing on and off (mostly on) since 2005, but I am seriously considering to just stop paying and rather come back if they one day launch Vanilla/Classic pre-TBC servers.

5. whimsical

whimsical First Year

How's everyone liking the new expansion? It's surprisingly.. good. I was skeptical after what they did with Wrath, but so far, it's holding up pretty well. Granted, I've barely delved into end-game, but it's seemingly solid. I'll have a better opinion of it when I raid tomorrow.

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've started over again, so far the overhaul of the low level zones is a massive improvement to how it was. Worgen druid, level 22 atm. Starting zone was quite fun, Westfall with Horatio Laine was great. Redridge was really fun. I've always hated duskwood, so I wonder how that'll be.

I raided on beta, with some excellent guilds, and I have to say that the fights aren't that difficult per se, but the mechanics are very unforgiving. I personally found it all quite fun. Definitely a lot more involved in some regards than early WOTLK. I never did ICC, so can't comment on that.

I get the feeling that pugs are gonna be extremely frustrating, heh.

7. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

I've got finals next week, so I haven't been able to level as quickly as I would have liked, but so far questing has been vastly improved from anything seen in previous expansions. Seriously, Vash'ir is incredibly beautiful. I've never been one to care about how the zones look, but it really looks amazing.

8. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

If any of you are thinking of quitting, now is seriously not the time.

I've not been so impressed with WoW since I got my first glimpse of TBC content. The instances are extremely fun, the areas are new and innovative, and it's actually HARD. My god, I didn't think I'd see the day where Crowd Control made its return, but now it's absolutely essential. You don't, you die.

9. TSN

TSN Auror

Awesome. I missed cc when in wotlk. heroic were boring toward the end. I could steamroll them alone with my tankadin. made lots of cash doing so but still heroic were supose to be heroic.

10. Wizard Giller

Wizard Giller Seventh Year

I'm on Daggerspine Horde.

I agree that now is certainly not a time to quit wow. The time to quit was after you killed Yogg in Ulduar or Kil'jaeden in Sunwell. I'm a newly minted 85 and I was also in on the beta. I went up against almost all of the bosses in the beta in normal modes and they were a lot of fun and made their wotlk counterparts look boring and uninspired. The questing is also great fun. If there is any zone you should NOT miss it's Uldum and I challenge anyone who has done the crazy gnomes series of quests to tell me otherwise.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I've been considering quitting heavily, but I did pick things back up. You can find me on Madoran, primarily. Making Visque (Restoration Shaman) my main this expansion. I have... plenty of other toons as well, mostly between 60-80.

12. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

So... what's the point of playing 25-people raids anymore?
    (I played from original beta to mid 2009.)

Seems like a total waste now. The only thing I can think of would be prestige.
    The amount of organization necessary for a 25 raid compared to a 10 raid was ridiculous, if you can't even expect better loot now, why would you do that?

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bragging rights (dick waving). It's an important aspect of any elite guild.

I'm liking Cataclysm, I guess. The only problem I have is that I don't know how to play my class. Coming back to the game after all the changes made to Boomkin is kind of annoying. I used to do 14k DPS and now I'm doing 7k even though I'm four levels higher and have better gear.

14. whimsical

whimsical First Year

Besides dick-waving, it just.. I don't know, feels more epic. Personally, I have no interest in raiding 10-mans. I just don't like the feeling of it, and I honestly never have.

15. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Have you ever had to organize a big raid yourself? Not some Archavon pickup group, but one on high-end content?
    I doubt most guilds are willing to go through that without the payoff of better loot.

So yeah, elite guilds are probably going to do it, but the average ones? Probably won't bother anymore.

16. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dislike 25-mans because everything feels impersonal. There's too many people and it feels cluttered to me instead of epic.

With 10-mans it's a lot easier to raid with people you like, people who are reliable. I don't have to deal with the guy that's constantly yelling "PENIS" in raid chat, who wouldn't usually be here but we need to fill a spot.

17. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I guess it really depends of the guild you are in. I'd rather have 25-man raids because I played with those same 25 players for a couple of years and it wouldn't feel right cutting that group of people in two.

18. whimsical

whimsical First Year

Uh, yeah. I've ran a semi-"elite" guild for almost three years now. We're only like US 500, so not super-hardcore, but good enough to lend credibility to my statement. I created the guild, handle all recruitment, manage the site, and basically do everything except manage the guild bank. I have a co-GM (my ex) and two officers with whom I delegate responsibilities, but for the most part, I have ran a 25-man guild successfully for years, and will continue to do so regardless of everyone else going 10-man.

19. X Kronos X8

X Kronos X8 Fifth Year

Just got the games, and am in the process of downloading, but can anyone recommend a good server?

20. TSN

TSN Auror

arthas horde. that server enver hurted any1. even thought its the oldest existing one