1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I wanna say SVM, but not sure. I'l get back to you on that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yep it was Stardew Valley

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, goodnight.

ugh, gross, I don't want to open that thread

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

lol Zenzao's opener seems TWTBAW.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just beginning to read now, I may or may not finish catching up within the next hour
    --- Post automerged ---
    The random RVS swap in the middle of that post at Tammy feels really contrived, especially since there were only those few people in the thread at the time and the general attitude was steering away from RVS.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

oh, Cobalt, how I missed your random font changes
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm probably gonna go to bed soon

Have fun posting.

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    font isn't in this game, Vaimes.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Sorry for the late entrance btw, I just finished night 2 of three closings in a row and I slept in late today, I'm pretty fucking burnt out.

For the sake of clarity I'm going to use YOU to denote the player in all caps rather than lowercase for when I'm just using the word you.

YOU had a decent entrance. I almost want to hard townread Gemma for her opening barrage of one line automerges but that's probably just because she walled almost every post in tinyhunt as scum recently.

Gemma echoing my thoughts on Zenzao's entrance. I guess I'll comment on that whole debacle now.

I simultaneously dislike Zenzao's entrance and find it towny the way that he stuck to it so hard. Like, the opening post seems stiff as Gemma said in a really mafia kind of way, but it almost seems too hilariously bad of a play to make as scum that I'm kind of townreading it?

Like, what reason does Zenzao have as scum to draw that much attention to himself so early? It doesn't really track with me.

I think Tammy's response is pretty genuine and definitely in the town zone, I wouldn't really make that an unaligned pair at this point because I'm so uncertain on Zenzao's alignment.

The level of OMGUS in the following exchange between YOU and Gemma looks really, really bad for Gemma though. Dislike.

Lulz makes a really low-commitment read on the opening situation by saying two of the three are town and Zenzao is probably town which I completely disagree with and that post kinda pinged me a little.

The following is a really strange argument between Vaimes and Gemma wherein Gemma pokes holes in his read of lulz's entrance RVS. I don't like the way Gemma reads in it at all, and the way Vaimes has to keep explaining himself to her just looks like she's stirring the pot for no reason, only to magically go OH ok thank you xoxo love ya <3

It's just... weird.

Still reading.
    --- Post automerged ---

Fluff is my spirit animal.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This post from Tammy is firmly in the neighborhood of hard town, I'm pretty sure.

That was an extremely similar thought I had about Zenzao's self-meta declaration and her response towards Gemma here is super open and genuine.
    --- Post automerged ---

lsdghfuokfds YASSS DC!!
    --- Post automerged ---
    It looked completely unlike that and that's why I think that interaction was v/w Vaimes/Gemma.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gut call Gemma/Fluff/lulz

This is REALLY off the cuff and I still have half the game to read but I want it on record just in case I'm right.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gut call Gemma/Fluff/lulz

This is REALLY off the cuff and I still have half the game to read but I wan
    haha eat shit Vaimes you don't get to hide behind Jan and Fonti reads.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    that awkward moment when someone praises a read that you've since inverted :v

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

@Cobalt you might want to read opening post again. Your scumteam has a teeny tiny problem with it.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lulz willingly ignores the bolded parts in dC's post where he explains his YOU read AND why he's voting YOU instead of Vaimes, and then says "there's no buildup to that, you're scum!" and votes him

Like... what?

As a townsperson who is reading posts to their full extent to get all the information from them, this is not a mistake that is made. You don't just MISS half of a post and then say that something didn't exist that did exist if you're town.

Pretty sure Lulz is scum here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh lmao this is a 9er

You were the least confident read, so I guess Gemma/Lulz rounds it out for me.

Derpclear accepted?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You went with YOU over Gemma but you completely echoed my thoughts on Gemma.

Don't worry, I'll swing you around.
    --- Post automerged ---

ExactlYYYY!!!
    --- Post automerged ---

I'm gonna need more clothespins.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, I am caught up now.

I would be immensely satisfied with Gemma/lulz wagons today, for the following reasons:

Gemma:
    - Strangely OMGUS'ed YOU during their interaction and then retracted it almost immediately.
    - Lulz's entrance RVS was shaded by Vaimes. Gemma picked apart his argument and basically made him re-explain himself five times until she was satisfied and suddenly Vaimes was lock town. This particular instance is why I find Gemma and Lulz to be w/w, due to her insistence that there was a hole in Vaimes' argument about him and how strangely defensive it seemed.
    - Aside from that, has done nothing to make me think she might be town. Next.

Lulz:
    - Wine about his RVS vote and whether or not it was RVS... after RVS was abruptly ended 4 posts into the game. No reason for town to do this imo.
    - Basically ignored half of DC's post and insisted a development or explanation of DC's YOU read/vote didn't exist when it existed, and voted DC for that. I don't believe town just misses things like that if they're actually reading the posts in the game.
    - Insists DC is caught lying and refuses to move off of Zenzao, who he insists is acting extremely suspiciously in ways that literally nobody else agrees with.

Vote: Lulz

Maybe my read will change on Gemma, maybe it won't, but I can see all of this day one content from Lulz being extremely distracting for the rest of the game if it is not resolved promptly. And I don't wanna debate on whether or not to lynch Lulz for like three phases if everyone kinda thinks he's scum toDay.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay that's all the effort you get for tonight I'm gonna go make food and shower now.

If anyone wants elaboration or to interact with me in real-time because I'm fucking delightful, let me know.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Derpclear accepted. For me to do otherwise would be slightly hypocritical :v

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh shit btw

dC/Tammy
    Vaimes
    Zenzao
    YOU
    Fluff
    Gemma/Lulz

12. you

you Squib

I agree with this and in general with vaimes side of vaimes vs gemma, take this post as a synecdoche for the rest. I think gemma is playing wordgames instead of focusing on things that matters.
    --- Post automerged ---
    seriousish, given the page number. Not RVS. I talked about it some with gemma I think, or with somebody about how I had noticed cobalt popped in and then disappeared but then i realised they were saying they were at WORK so never mind -- but then i realised Fluffiness had done the exact same thing but without the excuse of being at work. It was a small thing but it was the best I had right then.

About tempering reads I tend to only do it with people that I have a 95% tell on, like nacho. I don't do it with people I could be wrong on, like gemma. If I know for sure that I can 100% read somebody and there's nothing I can do to make that happen sooner by interacting with them or talking about the read, then I keep quiet because I can mess myself up if I talk about it too soon. If I need to interact with somebody to read them or if I need to talk it through to get a read, then I talk about it.

As scum, I often have fairly good idea of what my townself would be doing and I keep that in mind when I am deciding what to do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    this seems shallow for a player of zenzao's calibre. if they were coming off as a newb then sure but they're coming off as someone who is confident in their ability to play as either alignment.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't really get it either, don't worry. I think I have to try to read it again when I'm at a computer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm playing word games? What do you mean?

14. you

you Squib

Zenzao presented post 4 as scumhunting the early joke posts but when someone says they're 100% serious in post 4 then I take that with a big grain of salt because it's post 4. I don't know Zenzao but I know a bunch of players who claim to be 100% confident on page 1 because doing so gets the game moving and helps them get reads. My read on Zenzao is null at the moment. Gemma was attacking Zenzao for being super serious early but Gemma herself was being super serious super early. And then her interactions with me felt really weird.

Please don't scumread me for reading comprehension problems; it's not fair and it's not alignment indicative. It was annoying when you did it when I was scum last game because I knew I'd be having the same trouble as town and now I'm town for the first time since last September and I was right. It's not fair to expect me to be who I was last September when I don't remember what it was like to be that person anymore.

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I didn’t scum read you for reading comprehension issues, I scum read you for fake scumhunting. You overwhelmingly felt like you knew everyone’s alignment and all your reads were faked; that’s why I scum read you.

I’ll respond to other stuff later, trying to crash.

16. you

you Squib

i like this
    --- Post automerged ---
    "the" was taken.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I ignore stuff I don't have anything to say about. My impression of the early Zenzao/Vaimes stuff was "these sure are words in English."

I'm ignoring the rest of this post because I don't have anything to say about it, but not because "these sure are words in English" but because if you're town then yeah you are expecting too much. I don't know if I will explain what happened yesterday or not. I want to think some more about the urge to explain what happened.

Something just feels off about you, okay? But sometimes I'm getting pings of the you from the game where ari misylnched me and I don't know what that means yet. if you're treating me like you were treating me there then that's annoying but not scummy. but i don't know that this is that. something is wrong.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I voted Vaimes because he of all people in this game should know that I'm town already but he has like no read on me at all. Also his other reads are squarely in his scum take and if I ignore his thread presence then he looks like a slot I want to pressure.

Cobalt's read on me doesn't feel real. The stuff he's reading into isn't alignment indicative I don't think. He feels different tonally as well to last game. Hopefully Vaimes comes in and scumreads him so I can be right.

18. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Also A+ manipulation attempt if you’re scum; I’m glad you went for it. And nice touch on not addressing all of it and diverting it to something else I’d feel bad doing/wouldn’t mean to do and might forget I had other points. Nacho gets me with that so often. Probably might avoid discrediting an accurate read I had as that kind of thing is annoying and makes me feel like I’m actually onto something though.

Okay hopefully actually crashing now.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I just saw this but I haven't read it. I'll read it as soon as I can.

20. you

you Squib

I'm sorry for taking your read on me personally. It was wrong because I should remember that you're my friend. Can you forgive me? I'm going to take a break in my catchup and try to get into a better headspace. I hope you sleep well. I'll try to reread your posts and see what point that I missed but i don't want to lose my place in the catchup and start on page 1 again to find your posts.