1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    ?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, if lulz is town, lol scumbalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @lulz

Zenzao is town. dC is also likely town.

Give me your best guess(es) as to where the mafia are.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vaimes you should reread my posts or something because you're clearly not understanding me.

I said you in particular because you were scum with me last game and you know from experience how much I hate playing scum and you saw first hand how much I struggled. I also think that you should have some sort of a read on me that isn't just "eh" considering how much stuff I've done already. It should be pretty clear to anyone who has seen my scumgame lately that I'm way outside my scum range so it's kind of weird that you're like "oh jeez I dunno what Gemma is". I don't think it's expecting too much for someone to have a read on me.

Also, you keep only looking at one part of what I've said and running with that as if that's all I've said. I mean I know you're lazy and everything but you're not even trying to understand me here. I keep saying things that contradict your stated understanding of my posts and you just ignore it and keep believing what you did before, like that I'm scum reading you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I tagged you in a thing earlier about zenzao. After he posted his tier list he told fluff that he (fluff) should do things if he wanted to keep the town read. I just realized (duh) that it was part of the thing he was doing and not an inconsistency. Don't mind me.

4. you

you Squib

I've only just figured out how to ISO. Tammy I'm not sure if this is the post you wanted me to reply to or if there was a different one but this was the earliest i found that might have been it. I need to apologise in advance for quotestriping; I can only see a few lines at a time and i can only reply to what i see. i can't hold it in my head any other way.

Did my later interaction with Gemma about the Zenzao post clear it up? I didn't understand that she was townreading him because the post was attacking him.
    Gemma complained about his posts. That means she thinks he should have done something else. I didn't understand what else he could have done if you take it as given that his playstyle is to be serious early.

ok?

I thought Zenzao was himself pretending to be serious or drumming up the amount of seriousness that was present for the sake of getting things going.

because meta that says something is null is meaningful. Because I didn't believe Gemma's read there. it felt like reaching too much. the words glittery and shiny and it felt wrong. Her attack on zenzao didn't seem like a thing she believed -- and she later said that she was townreading zenzao at the time.

i mean she can i guess but it's really confusing when Gemma herself finds the thing town, too? it's really hard to figure out what her stances are if she uses attacking words on people she's townreading. Trying to understand that post of Gemma's used up all of my remaining language spoons for the day.

I hope you figure it out. I'm sorry I got so touchy; that was a really hard game for me.

I can read nacho. When nacho posts, I can figure out what stances he's taking.

I think our next game together will be better now that you'll have seen me as scum and town.

now to figure out how to get back to your iso from here in case there was a different post

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also Vaimes, I explained what thread presence is in a different game a while ago, on MU. I'll get the quote for you next time I have a computer.

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    It was that post, thank you.

I'll respond to some earlier bits of it in a bit. I really need to finish making this exam so I can get it copied for the morning.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Tammy I know you're pretty focused on "you" right now but are you scum reading Cobalt or should I talk about my read there more?

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I would really appreciate talk about cobalt. That's a read that really interests me actually.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Just so you know, I never got the impression from your posts in the gamethread that you were struggling. I really didn't. Seeing you in scumchat vs. the gamethread was like seeing two different players. So no, I don't think you're super town right now or however you think I should be reading you.

I don't really remember what you've done so far. I was focusing on easier/more interesting things. I'll ISO you. Also fyi demanding a read from me when I don't have it is probably the slowest way to drag any information out of me. I don't care for it tbh, and sooner or later I'm going to have reads on every player in the game so like...chill.

As for constantly misunderstanding you...okay. I dunno, maybe I need to look at your posts again, but "not trying to understand you" kind of heavily implies that I'm doing it on purpose, so...should I take that as shade or what?
    --- Post automerged ---
    actually the only thing I recall was you grilling me for my lulz read and then you somehow concluded I was town, so when I saw your vote a little later I decided to ignore it

10. you

you Squib

I do.
    Sometimes.
    You are allowed to do those things. It's not discrediting to say that you're scumreading me incorrectly when I'm town.

I understand that you are frustrated with me. I am frustrated too. I was angry about this post when you made it but your later post helped a lot o maybe I'll just not reply to this one further.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I know I'm super guilty of demanding townreads when I think I'm being obvious town so I have no real right to be annoyed by Gemma/Tammy/whoever else yelling at me about it. Bear with me. :V

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

You I don't understand why you're still saying the things you are about my thing with Zenzao. It's like we never had or conversation earlier. You are talking to Tammy like you were justified in thinking that my take was fake or wrong because I was townreading him but that is irrelevant to what I was talking about.

It is not strange at all to have various impressions about a player and to think that some of the things they have done are scummy and some of them are towny.

This is kind of supporting my scum read on you because part of what I felt was wrong about you earlier was that it didn't feel like you were responding to things in an honest way. When I present you with new information I expect you to change your opinion based on that information but I haven't felt like you are doing that. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation either.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I dunno what response I want from you about that I guess, you're already doing a lot of things. But I wanted to talk about it.

I think what I really would love from you is if you could try to get reads on other players and try to solve the game and such however you would like to. Because these long exchanges with Tammy or with me aren't very helpful in getting a solid read on you and they will just exhaust you and leave you without energy to do anything else.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you could state any read on me at all that would be really great. I think you should be townreading me but mostly I just think you should have any read at all. You have only said I am "eh" and "meh" and that's a bad and easy stance to take, especially when scum aren't required to townread me right now because of Zenzao.

13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The first thing you say is a throwaway line about an image and nothing about my rational in voting Fluff. And for the record, it's meant to be a 'lolwhat?' face, as in 'I can't believe I'm seeing this at the beginning of the game'.

Again, throwaway instead of commenting on the text. The context of the gif was already explained in that post.

First time catching this in the midst of your automerges. What possible reasons were your townsiding me here for? Since you've admitted already that I was doing 'scummy things' at that point of the game, should you not have called me out as scummy instead of making useless comments on images?

So maybe point them out then? You only mention Tammy here. There was just about nothing that happened between this post and the automerged post where you named Vaimes and I as townsides/leans.

Wishywashy on fluff. Say you don't think anything on him only to then go into a longwinded rational for why he's probably random mafia, only to backpedal once more and say 'eh kind of but not really I guess'.

Who exactly are you referencing here, since it comes out of leftfield and you weren't particularly pressed about anyone? Is this still about fluff? If so, you're all over the place with your 'read' of him, and I'm not seeing that from a town mindset with so few posts between your jumping back and forth opinion.

If the 'scummy play style' was about me instead of fluff, why were you townsiding me earlier alongside Tammy and Vaimes?

I've already explained why I opened the game the way I did.

Already covered my why. Funny that you accuse 'you' of being scummy like this instead of countering or debunking his points.

Changing tact for a moment since I reached the end of the Gemma quotes I had from yesterday and had this lulz quote I think I mentioned around the time he decided to scumread me.

He's essentially regurgitating what Gemma said in post #60 insofar as me being 'tryhard', the only real difference is that he townsides me for it instead of scumsiding me, and since Gemma has been swearing up and down that she was townsiding me but calling me scummy at this part of the game, is his read here really any different at all?

The fact that he had no scumreads feels like bullshit.

14. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I don't think telling me I'm wrong in this game is discrediting.

And I don't even know if I scumread you right now. I'm quite comfortably on the fence here.

There is something I'm holding on to and trying to figure out what meaning, if any, it has to the rest of the game and my reads, but that's something I need to work out first I think.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Now you're just asking me to change my playstyle.

I want to lynch Cobalt, possibly lulz, but they're not together. I have a strong townread on Zenzao, weaker townreads on dC and Tammy.

That is me solving the game. If you want a scumteam on a silver platter or something, you're better off asking a Magic 8 Ball.

I mean I think it's +town that you want to swing things onto Cobalt because I feel the same way.

idk the relevance between reading you vs. Zenzao but sure.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

oh, I also have a fluff read on fluff that isn't 100% fluff
    --- Post automerged ---
    also we should at least pretend we care about having too many townreads

'cause like

Vaimes
    Zenzao
    Tammy
    dichotomousCreator
    Gemma
    his fluffiness
    ---
    you
    lulz
    Cobalt

In my world, we lynch the bottom three and win, but like. I don't want to park my brain there and call it a day.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hey Vaimes, sell me on why Cobalt is the better lynch today than one of lulz|Gemma?

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Scum usually don't say things like "I'm avoiding the thread" when they're the main lynch wagon.

Gemma is eh, too demand-y to be scum imo. It'd be hilarious if she picked me out and was like "Vaimes you bitch, I'm obvtown over here" and expected that to actually work.
    --- Post automerged ---
    meanwhile Cobalt hopped on lulz (so probably not partners) and his content had no spice of life

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I dunno that I agree with that. If they lurk out the rest of the Day they can't incriminate their partner any further and post things said partner would have to additionally either react to or else try to deflect/ignore and thereby stand out even more IMO. We've seen cornered scum give up before in Vira(the game before... Mountainous? Or was it around Narutomafia?).

Do you think his fruitless lying last night about dC and I are less prevalent because he wants to throw in the towel and avoid playing now?

Disagree entirely on Gemma. Unless one of us dies in the night I'm not going to believe she's town.

I'm not sold on Cobalt with that. Admittedly I skimmed his posts and mostly noticed him digging into lulz so I was content enough at the time, so I should read him again.