1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, I see where I confused you. They don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. More like, the Zenzao thing was happening concurrently with you asking me to townread you.

My point here is that it's way too early to care about being read any which way, so why are you asking to be townread? What are you expecting me to say? Are these just unrealistic expectations you're tossing into the void? These are not rhetorical questions.
    --- Post automerged ---
    honestly though given that I just realized Zen voted for fluff and not you that your reaction probably makes more sense as town, unless lol fluffammy team

maybe I'll OMGUS Cobalt
    --- Post automerged ---
    boy I really fucked up the grammar in that sentence

Unvote, vote scumbalt
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ohhh no wait, I remembered something else.

I thought it was weird/scummy that you were asking me to townread you when from my pov you were getting dunked on by Zen. But he wasn't voting for you, which makes that less scummy on your part.

Now we're all caught up.

2. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Okay so here's the thing. When I'm town, I literally feel like I scream that, also when I'm scum I think my posts scream that too, and when people have either been my partner or been right in the past I think they'll see that. I also sometimes have unrealistic expectations for people reading me because I get my hopes up that the people I want to play with are going to be town and will realize I'm town too right away and I get ahead of myself, which is unfair because I end up paranoid of the people I want to be town. It's one of my many faults.

Interactions also do matter for me and sometimes they help even if it seems weird to the outsider. But all of it is about me trying to get an accurate picture of the game and the gamestate and hoping the people I'm looking forward to playing with I'll be able to work with. If that makes sense at all.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah.

I think we're good for now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are me, Tammy and Zen all town? lel

This'll be cake.

4. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I was hoping I'd still be up when/if you and gemma showed up, but I nearing passing out :(
    --- Post automerged ---
    *I'm

I swear I know how to write properly; I don't know what happens when I start posting online.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm going to take that as you liking the way Zen broke out of rvs.

Truth be told I kinda liked his self-meta on how he'd be as scum v town here. I'm a sucker for self-meta.

5. you

you Squib

Hi Tammy!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy is being herself. I want to townread her for being with us and procrastinating grading but I don't know if I should. Decently happy page 2 feels there anywway.

Zenzao seems to also be being themself? Or what I can gather from not knowing who they are? I read their posts and am taking in stuff they are saying but I don't have an opinion about it yet. Need more time.

I wanted to vote Cobalt for posting and then disappearing and then I grasped that they said they were at work so nevermind.

I can't remember who Vaimes played at Westeros. Was Vaimes the one who pretended to have a different playstyle at first? I guess I need more there too.

actually, you know who's here but not here without having a "hi i'm at work" excuwse?

Vote: his fluffiness

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Hi you!

Nobody should town read me for procrastinating on grading right this minute. I’m not under a major deadline at the moment and will happily take a reason to procrastinate. I’ve read a book and a half over the past couple days, but that’s probably also due to my other half working a bunch of overtime and leaving me with extra time. I probably wouldn’t be inclined to procrastinate here though, who knows. Being decently happy though seems about right!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh yeah that was vaimes

7. you

you Squib

Yeah but maybe if you were scum you would procrastinate both grading and posting here? I don't know; it's not a strong read beyond "Tammy is here and being sufficiently Tammy for now." Nothing is bothering me yet. About anyone :(

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Yeah that’s what I meant by probably wouldn’t be inclined to procrastinate here though. :)

9. you

you Squib

yeah, I figured that out after I posted.

Maybe it will be easier to think if I refuel my brain with breakfast instead of just coffee.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's a squinting face because he doesn't know what he is seeing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't understand this gif sorry.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Official Vote count 1.1

Gemma (2): Tammy, his fluffiness
    his fluffiness (2): Zenzao, you
    Vaimes (1): Cobalt
    Cobalt (1) : Vaimes

Not voting (3): dichotomousCreator, Gemma, lulz.

Soft lynch is 5 votes, hard lynch is 7

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No, don't worry.

It's unusual for a game to be this serious straight away. It's just a personality/playstyle clash I think between you two.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy town Vaimes town Zenzao town
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy I need to figure out your timezones and such, can you help me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Regfan in the spectator thread: "some reasoning behind those reads would be really helpful".
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh wait he's a sub nevermind. That's just happening inside his head then.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And by his head I mean wherever his processor chip or such is.

13. you

you Squib

Hi Gemma

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hi

How are you feeling?

15. you

you Squib

Breakfast helped but I feel like nothing important has happened yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How are you feeling?

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Good! Very tired and busy. I'm working right now but am posting from my phone. Is probably how I will keep up for 90% if the game because I'm doing line 120-140 hours right now.

I feel like important things have happened. Maybe not very important, but I think Tammy is really town and that's pretty important for me. Do you think that's a bad read?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry that question was worded poorly I was in a hurry.

17. you

you Squib

That sounds like an exhausting schedule but I'm glad you've found something.

I don't think it's a bad read. I think Tammy is town enough for now. I imagine that read will gain substance in time.

What do you think of fluffiness?

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

He has three posts and he didn't state any reads yet, so I don't think anything really.

I had an RVS tell that I was experimenting with that compared the posting volume and amount of interactions of each poster during the RVS stages of the game. I noticed that lower skill mafia tend to interact with less players and in less amounts during RVS, make more posts that are non-interactive, and less posts overall, but in a couple of recent games where I was working on that there were townies who did the same thing so I have kind of stopped trying to form a tell from that. Anyway, if I was still experimenting with that then I would probably say that fluff is greater than rand mafia, and maybe he is still greater than rand mafia for the same reasons, albeit less so, but I don't really believe in that read.

19. you

you Squib

yeah, that's more or less what i was thinking when i voted them. in a good enough for now sort of way.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

He has a scummy play style.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What do you think of this way that Zenzao enters, you?

Because Tammy already said this but I feel like mafia have this stiff tryhard entrance more often than town do when they try to force something to be alignment indicative in the early stages of the game because they think it looks townie.

Also, he is presenting a world where one of Tammy and fluff have to be mafia and he doesn't even seem to consider that both could be town, nor does he try to understand their mindset at all. It's not even scumhunting, it's just shading.