1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

X-men Legends 2 Rise of Apocalypse & comic book summary

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The comic gets better, it had a bit of suck with the Gambit issues.

I'm up to #40, and they brought Magneto back it was pretty sweet, and you're starting to see the Phoenix and Prof. X is manipulating them all behind the scenes. I'll flip out if they make him dark like they're hinting at.

You can read Astonishing #1 @ http://www.marvel.com/dotcomics/ . I'll try to find the rest

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Prof. X going dark? That sounds awesome.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O ... well.. as i recall ... for a while Prof X WAS dark.. though it was much later and he technically didnt know what in the hell he was doing... He losthismind or memory or something like that and became onslaught...

buuut yeah... astonishing #1 wasnt too bad.. and ive been reading ultimate.. in both ast and ult his name is logan thank the gods... and what the helll ... sabertooth i THINK might have worked for weapon X at one time but claws and TEETH like wolverine? ... i sure as hell dont remember those... and what the fuck is up with rouge juggernaught and nightcrawler working for them? .. ugh..

4. Midknight

Yeah I didn't much care for them using Weapon X to augment so many of the guys.

Prof. X is dark, but in a subtle way, he's often controlling them mentally as there moods seems to change. The students don't entirly trust him, as they think he's doing something.

In Ultimate, his real name is James, he finds out about it later when he gets his wedding ring back, from I forget who I wanna say Nick Fury (who it looks like they turned into a black guy, instead of an old white guy)

I'm up to #60, and it has times where it doesn't make sense, (They made Sinister into a weird invisible to camera killer who is trying to bring Apocalypse souls, he's got this evil biker look to him)

Overall I like it, but it does have it's weak moments. The artists for the first few issues are great, later on they switch a buncha so you have several issues with some weird ass looking characters.

They've messed Wolverine up a bit, he's in and out of the mansion more then goddamned trash.

I hadn't read the Onslaught arc with Prox X, but I heard it was rather weak and pooorly thought out =(

Sabre in the main world did run with Wolverine and Fox in Weapon X.

5. Antivash

dun remember fox.. but yeah... the onslaught arc was crap... hte artwork switching is slightly annoying ... im not all that far in... 26 maybe...the last of the 5 of hellfire and brimstone...

buut yeah.. i remember now.. his real name has always been james, he just oes by logan as he never remembered it...

its decent but its got its weak moments... i like it i suppose

6. Midknight

t Endsong, think it could've been much better, it was over too quick.

So basically, Phoenix force gets split, a fragment revives Jean Grey, uses Cyclops's optical blasts to feed from.

After making Jean froze in the ice, it comes out and enters Emma Frost's body. Jeans takes it back out, and does...? Looks like she got nailed into the event horizon, and saved everyone else, but they never show her dead, so she's probably alive.

Emma wakes up later to see the phoenix force in her eyeballs, or out the window and she says something about there you are.

Soooo I figure the phoenix will be back in a bit then, lol. I've gotta read more of this stuff, who the hell are those triplets (cookoos or something) and the weird guy in the tube that everyone keeps calling an Omega mutant?

Damnit I've got to read up on this stuff.

Anyone got the Dark Phoenix arc?

7. Antivash

sadly no... wish i did though... gemmie a holler if you find it though...

8. Midknight

ill have all Uncanny X-men, Age of Apoc (the large novel, and the 2005 revist) Cable and Deadpool (I love those guys) shortly.

I got ahold of Wolverine "Origins" and "The End" and they were decent, but the bit with Wolverine's brother was a bit retarded, as was him supposedly murdering Prof X and having his ghost coinhabiting his body.

9. Midknight

okay after reading like 200 issues of Uncanny today, I can honestly say I doubt I'll ever bother with anything X-men that's not Ultimate, with the Exception of Cable and Deadpool, I get a kick out of that book, and the artwork is amazing.

After the Phalanx crossover, and then Age of Apocalypse, it becomes a massive clusterfuck of constantly going to alien worlds, characters dieing every other issue, only to find out it was all a Danger Room scenario, etc.

It becomes impossible to follow the story as well, considering as of issue like 370 I'm on now, there are like 9 X-titles, all of which you have to have to be able to follow even a SIMPLE story line.

As you move on Jean becomes Phoenix, Cyclops comes back from the dead twice, Beast flips back and forth from his blue fur more times then I care to count, Wolverine goes crazy, reverts to full feral, back to normal, back to having metal bones, to dying with no healing factor to being a badass again.. ug. No damned wonder they restarted the universe, it degenerated into crap.

It doesn't help the artwork flips back and forth more then Jean Grey goes from Phoenix to Marvel Girl, to etc. And they had this great Iceman arc where Emma Frost possessed him and he became a badass, but they seemed to of abandoned it.

Also, for X-men legends, the game's textures suddenly went totally white on me for some reason, and will not fix themselves. Uninstalling the game takes fucking forever, something like 40 minutes, and the reinstall too quite a bit also, a problem I didn't have the first install.

I haven't changed any setting, big or small since I've installed it, no crashes, nothing. Reinstalled the game, uninstalled, driver cleaned, then reinstalled the newest Cat Drivers 5.9, and nothing will get it working again. Hmm. Only game I have this issue with to boot, weird.

Annoying too b/c I was starting to like the game a lot more with the gamepad controls and 8x/16x FSAA

Edit: AH n/m I fixed it, seems outside the game my default FSAA was set to off for desktop, but in game it was set to max, and the game did NOT like trying to figure that out for itself, hence the missing.. er everything, rofl.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Didn't like to fingure it out for its self, lol. Since when have computers ever wanted to figure shit out for them selves. They'd rather just do that.

11. Midknight

12. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Right, i have no clue if this is in this series of X Men comics as i havn't read much of them

but i saw this really cool thing, magneto extracted all the metal out of wolverine. i thought cool, but they have killed of wolfy!

but no, now he has bone claws or some shit

dissapointing