1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete You Did What?! by Nonjon - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by nonjon, Dec 9, 2005.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Hmm... I've been hearing that comment a fair amount more than I was expecting. Frankly, when it comes to the writing, I think I was forcing myself more on the Cheekquel than with this one.

But for what it's worth, I'm taking my time letting this latest story come as it does. Even tried writing an action drabble since I so rarely do, and I'm well aware that's one of my weaker 'genres'. And it showed as I was unable to even do that but it did turn into a one-shot I liked. Or a 4500 word drabble if that's possible.

I wonder if once it's all done, it'll still seem like this one was more "forced" or if it'll shape up and become the greatest of the three! Hmm... maybe if I included Ewoks. Or just made high elves into Ewoks. Yeah, that could work.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I don't think it's forced. Like any story, it had a few weaker parts, but the majority of scenes were great.

Although, you still haven't come up with some legendary scene, like Malfoy/Malfoy romance from the Cheequel. Or with brilliant plot from the "Where in the world...". So I can see why to some people it might seem "forced".

Still, there's nothing wrong with a steady stream of above-average comedy, with a good plot. No high peaks, but no big letdowns either.

3. nonjon

See, I think that whole "legendary" scene is going to be awfully subjective. Because while you might have really liked the Draco/Draco, others may have just passed that section as a ho-hum moment.

Personally, I think this latest chapter where we compare Lily's pubic hair to Dumbledore's chin, then Moses watching the burning bush, and follow it with the image of Harry shooting out her gaping vagina. To me, that was one of the necessary scenes if I was going to bring these dead folks back to life and it may have been some of the first dialogue I even wrote putting together this 'plot'.

Obviously I'm coming from a different POV when I read the story, but usually the parts that crack me up the most... depends on if sober, drunk, or otherwise. Poop isn't near as funny sober.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yea, I guess it depends on many factors whether scene really gets to you or is it simply a good laugh. That's why humor is so hard to write, possibly the hardest genre there is.

As for me, I'd almost died from laughter during Malfoy/Malfoy scene, so it's pretty much my favourite scene from the whole triology. But I can see how other people might find their own favourites.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Funniest scene was the party at Malfoy manor. I havnt re-read it but I remember that I was crying after reading that. I couldnt stop laughing for about ten minutes.

I dunno if i'd still find it as funny as I did then but that day I could hardly breathe and had to stop reading for about half-hour. Maybe I was just in a stupid mood but i'll always remember that day when I nearly pissed my pants reading a fanfiction.

I hadnt laughed that hard in so long.

6. nonjon

Yeah, I liked the party at Malfoy Manor. Just to reunite Draco and Buckbeak. That and I really wish people could accurately envision the twins little piece of sketch comedy for the kiddies. Not terribly easy to describe, but what I was intending cracked me up.

And for what it's worth I just posted Chapter 11 of this fic.

Also discovered there are now "Forums" each user at fanfiction.net can make/mod from their account. I suppose it's a place to reply to reviews, or discuss stories in general. Dunno exactly what or how, but I tried it out. At least you can actually paste in full URLs and stuff like that. Only teen-friendly discussion is the rule though. You can even put in links to stories, c2's and other crud at fanfiction.net. Outside the site, no clickable links, but at least you can copy and paste URLs now.

Nothing that would ever take away from darklordpotter.net of course, but another 'feature' to play with perhaps.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I've just checked it out. Doesn't look like much... I'd rather see extended reviews section wehere you could respond to reviews publicly, then private messaging + forums... Seems like getting the same thing only the wrong way, like eating through your arse or something....

And another thing

You'd have to spend hours there riffling through the messages and playing the moderator... Only one 'fuck' someone would post is enough to get you banned...

No thanks, I prefer DLP.

8. nonjon

Yeah. Like i said, I don't think they're extensible enough for most purposes. But it would be nice to see some authors post info on updates or post an author's note when they don't have a chapter to post. Or address reviews, etc... Basically it's a place you can avoid most rules they have on what you can't put in a chapter. Like web addresses if you want to reference.

And yeah, if people are going to target you, it might be a bad idea. Deleting a post is pretty simple, and I doubt, unless you get reported, they'd even notice. Probably a waste of time unless you have something to say, or unless it's a really popular story (i.e. Ruskbyte maybe?) and simply the readers would like to discuss the story, if the author doesn't have another place for discussion.

Or, like the author's profile page, it could be a place to put URLs of your favorite stories or author's on other fanfic sites. Like darklordpotter.net.

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Nice next chapter...I liked the Padfoot->padded wall scene a lot. Go puffers!

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Ah you bastard, that chapter rocked! Especially the Hufflepuff guide...I just spit up pepsi all over myself and my monitor reading that...and it came out my nose. Keep up the great work! :twisted:

11. nonjon

I almost wanted to make the Hufflepuff Guide only rule number one. It just fit so well, but didn't demonstrate their 'loyalty' quite enough. And 'puffs take care of 'puffs.

12. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

“No one fucks with a 'puff, Albus. No one.”

Actually I think you may have just created such a scene just now with your latest update: “No one fucks with a 'puff, Albus. No one.” is a line\scene that will quite likely last forever!

--bornagainpenguin

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Great chapter... Hufflepuff rules were coll enough but I still prefer Gryffindor codex for it's simplicity... and cross-eyed lion with helmet, of course.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Those last two chapters cracked me up :D

Egg of War!

The guides were genius. Everything from the crossed-eyed lion, the killing of your pet when you smile, getting 'paper-cuts' from loving books and carving shit into your skin instead of tattoo's... it was classic. I liked Albus' reaction to it as well. I can just picture him goggling at Harry.

15. Lord Ravenclaw

AHAHAHAAHHAHA! That was great! Oh my poor gut, I don't think it can stand much more laughing. Great work!

16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

17. nonjon

Thank you. Just doing my part to try and make someone spew eggnog all over their monitor.

I do wonder how many people recognized the writing on James' undies, or the feller who gave Harry a proper introduction on how to use his muggle wand. I'd like to think there's people as perverted as me out there, and thanks to Germans and Japanese, I know there are.

18. Lord Ravenclaw

Rest assured, there are. *points at self* (I have a passing memory of both >_>)

Just hope Gio doesn't.

19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

owned. :twisted:

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hehehehehe.