1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete You Did What?! by Nonjon - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by nonjon, Dec 9, 2005.

1. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

That Sucks. Write the next chapter anyway.

It'll be one-two.

You can update within 24 hours or whatever. Still sucks, but what can you do?

We have to soldier and come together as a community in these times of distress, for THAT is TRULY the American Way. This is a great nation built on the principles on Tolerance, Honor, and Freedom. But we are only as great as each of our citizens wants us to be. We are dependent on YOU to help maintain the American Way. So come this November, I want you to remember the strength and hope that President Bush represents, and make a statement. Declare to the world, "I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN, and I am voting for the REPUBLICAN PARTY!!"

America will thank you.

P.S. Maybe work on one of your other stories? :wink:

2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Hmm... no pleads for it in the yahoo group or I might cave in to the pressure. For now, I'm just gonna wait, since people don't seem to mind just a week.

And yeah, already got a thousand words down of the last chapter. Will probably put them out a day apart.

If anyone's desperate, I'll send out the latest chapter in exchange for betaing it. PM an email address and I'll send you a word doc.

What can I say? I'm a feedback whore.

Once I finish the last chapter I will try and knock out that Dimension hopping Harry fic.

3. nonjon

Just posted the last and final chapter. Go read my story if you haven't yet. Then, when your brain is done vomiting, review it. A lot. Review the hell out of it. Review it like the skanky little bitch it dresses as you no good filthy whore!

Sorry. No offense to no good filthy whores. You're my favorite.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

You bastard! That was great! I was worrying about breathing for a while there, I hardly stopped laughing in some parts. Good show nonjon...

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I agree with raven. That was the best ever.Now if you don't mind i have to clean up all the places i spraied coke over.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*curses loudly*
    This is on all the chapters... :x

Can't review till I can load up the chap..

7. nonjon

Err... you getting that on my story?

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yah, on every single chapter. I have been since New Years.

Have you thought about posting the trilogy in the "Works by Author" section?

*hopeful*

9. nonjon

Err no... I hadn't really thought about that. That's like almost 60 chapters and 250K words or something. A bit more work than I feel up to doing at the moment. Don't know why you can't reach it on fanfiction.net. But all my fics are on my yahoogroup too (link in my sig). In the files section there's htmls of everything. Also massive word docs if you just want whole fics in one downloadable file.

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Alright, cool. Thanks :)

11. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

the outtakes were HILARIOUS!!!

Best Bits: Albus's reaction to Minerva "pointing" to James and Bessie having sex, and Bob's teaching. CLASSICS!!! :D :D :D :wink:

P.s. How is the new story coming?

12. nonjon

Struggling to find an identity. (I'm assuming you're referring to the dimension hopping fic bunny.) Waiting to see if I'll get a plethora of ideas on which direction it needs to go in. Because the Harry can be sort of dark, but then it's hard to sympathize with him much and it's not a ton of fun. Not to mention we're going to need to follow him through at least a few different worlds. Or he can be the big brother helpful guy, cursed by his own stupidity of sorts. Or it can be even more fun-loving but slightly insane Harry, who ends up causing more problems despite of course helping to off Voldie, or offing Voldie.

Got his cheesy name, since we can't call him Harry at least. And an animagus form (just the one) tied into it. A (maybe) first scene with a cliched tortured Harry angsting it up with tear-filled dreams and waking up to seeing what looks like himself getting crucioed in the street, but he's trapped in his room. And I've been waiting to see if the humor-ish muse, the angry-muse, or a mix of both starts filling out more ideas. Because as easy as it would be for battle-tested Harry to be pissed at this other version of himself, it's still himself. Occasionally he may hafta bitch-slap him, or be so disgusted as to do himself a favor and off himself, but for the most part I'd think our traveling Harry would want to live vicariously through these other Harry's and try and improve their situation since his is pretty much hopeless.

Something should come to me soon, or I'll be forcing more of it if it doesn't. Got a HP/Firefly fic I'm sketching out some too. Though that's more of a Firefly fic with main character Harry added in. And I'd like to knock out an original screenplay or two. Those are like buying lottery tickets. Worth a try considering some of the crappy movies that get made.

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

SWEET!!! I'm a HARDCORE BROWNCOAT!!! (if you know firefly, you know what that means.)

Second thing is I make movies. Maybe I can help? I'm going to NYU film school right now, but, um,...PM if you wanna bounce ideas or something. If you think of something for a good short I'll give you writing credit if I make it. (Right now I can afford to make a REALLY good short, but nothing excellent that takes a lot of time or money. Shorts are difficult, get Industry Credibablity, and can me made excellently for little money.)

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hm, I can see how difficult it is to make a character that goes around, criticising other characters without making him into Garry-Sue. In order to make him able to set straight every other deluded type of Harry (gay, sadistic bastard, crybaby, ginny lover...), you'll have to make him practically perfect in every way... And that's a bad thing in a fiction that is called Garry-Sue.

Hmm... maybe you could have a different types of cool Harry set straight different types of deluded Harry's...

- Mad Eye-like hardened Harry to set straight a crying whimp, pining after Sirius and an ant he had just stepped on.

- Harry the sex god/harem owner to set straight a pathetic Snape-loving fudge-packer.

- Harry the prankster to set straight Harry who spends all his time training for Voldemort (a character like the one from that H/G fic you recomended yesterday).

- Dumbledore-loving Power-of-love saint-Potter to set straight a Harry who started turning dark and hating Dumbledore (or the other way around...)

etc, you get my drift.

As to how to acomplishg that... err does it really matter? Everyone knows that Harry in general is fate's bitch - maybe it's a curse applied to every Harry in every dimension - after killing Voldemort he has to dimension-travel and set some other itteration of himself straight...

15. nonjon

Glad to hear of a fellow browncoat. I've only ever seen one HP/Firefly Xover or fusion and it's all child!Harry. So I'm working on an older one. After the movie I can't help but notice there's room for a pilot, and I know a green-eyed goofball who's a natural at flying. That and River's too high-strung and tense. She's needs someone even more mentally unstable than her to settle her down a bit.

As for the screenplays, first idea I want to get down is, as you might expect, R-rated comedy of sorts. Those are finally getting green lights again (Thank you Harold, Kumar, Wedding Crashers, and 40 year old virgins!) and I've got a few ideas for one. Don't think I've got any good shorts in my head. Those are usually best as one good scene or point you want to make, and then fleshing out how to get there as much as you can.

I drove a friend to NYFA for one of the summer sessions a few years ago. He's made a couple of shorts and stuff. We shot a feature that never really got finished or taken to the festivals or anything. Free setting, no budget, his script, my storyboards, free actors, all on DV. Edited it on a LAN of computers I setup and adminned, taught them how to edit DV, and got it nearly finished and it's just hung there. Oh well. Actually I just rewatched one of my friend Rob's (the NYFA guy) short films as well as the trailer for the feature. Simon is one of his NYFA buddies from Canada who helped out tons, so we hurriedly edited a trailer together before he had to fly back home. Check them out if you want: http://www.812crew-pictures.com Good lord it's been like 4 years since I did anything on that site.

16. nonjon

Yeah, though I suppose I could do this and actually end it when he stumbles upon his own universe and bitches himself out. But I'm trying to keep the social commentary a little less obvious than it was in Therapeutic Discussion.

And it's not a curse of every Harry. This one just happened to learn about dimension hopping, after following his Voldemort one time. And he swore an oath to never rest until he'd defeated Voldemort in every incarnation (after he had been reborn again). It was only after the fact that he finally put the lid on his Voldie's coffin that he realized what he'd locked himself into. Knowing how to dimension hop, knowing there's Voldemort's in all sorts of alternate realities, and being magically forced to help out all those realities. Especially after finding so many useless Harry's and knowing with the prophecy, he was just about many different worlds' only hope.

Like if he finds a Harry sex-god, he just flashes him a thumbs up and takes care of that world's Voldie problem for Harry sex-god. That's a Harry who at least has some priorities, and he can just help him out. He doesn't have to turn them all into warriors like him, just help them out with the Dark Lord problems.

Basically if Harry cries, whether it's abuse, a massive schlong up his butt, general wussiness, angsty depression, or because he's so happy he has a family, then that Harry and that world need help.

I do kinda like your idea of opposite sides of Harry's balancing each other out, but it wasn't what I had in mind for this fic.

17. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Hell yeah, that sounds cool. I thought you're gonna make Harry stay only long enough to set that universe's Harry straight (coz the prophecy from universe 'X' requires that Harry 'X' be the one to deal with Voldemort, not some outsider). But you're idea is good too, as long as you figure out Harry's characterisation...

Hmm, maybe somewhat jaded noir-kind of guy? Or completely bored and buerocratically buesniss-like type? Heh, just imagine Harry with a Voldemort-remover sticker on his briefcase and travelling merchant/pest control outlook, who's acting like hunting down Voldemort over and over again is some boring day job (which for him kinda is)... Or a mixture of few different types? Eh, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

But yeah, I'd really like to see how dimension-hopping Harry deals with Harry the Voldemort's son, or redeemed Voldemort collecting flowers and passing candy to kids (and he has to kill him)...

Err, just hurry up will you? I really miss my weakly nonjon fix... :)

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Ditto :roll: :wink:

:God I'm desperate.:

19. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

How about after realizing what he's set himself up for (and deciding to go ahead and go through with it anyway) he discovers that each time he helps out one of his other selves he merges with a facet of that self? This way you get to have the benefit of matching the various Harrrys by opposite types you also get to have fun with the kinds of memory corruption that would eventually be caused by all those multiple personality types colliding in his head?

...ehh.. oh secod thought maybe not. Re-reading that sounds a lot like one of the 'Order of the Pheonix' clones I read a bit back.

--bornagainpenguin (who is also looking forward to the next nonjon update-- so no pressure..'k?)

PS: Been working on v1.0beta of the DLP.net Fanfic awards archive...that's why I haven't been around.

EDIT: It's up now! Take a look at the thread with the .09 version!

20. nonjon

I don't think I'll have anything finished and posted for quite a while still. You want me to put up partials and write this thing on the Work by Author section? Got about 3000 words down so far. Still figuring it out. It's a lot more about the story and not so much humor. Seems to want to stay that way. May try and change that.