1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Young Again: The Rewrite by Taliath - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Apr 25, 2006.

1. liath

liath Seventh Year

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I am a boy--and Sree is an idiot :p. (Oh, and so is Rain. Both are quite touched in their heads. lol.)

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  2. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

ok...

Really love this story so far, as i have said in my reviews. i do hope you have a plan on what's going to happen, even now that you have changed the plot. Because having a plot is always a good thing :)

Glad to have heard hermione wasn't one of hte muggleborn kidnapped, you had me worried, though i guess most people here would have liked that. Just wondering now, what will be harry s relationship with his old friends? a father figure? great story.

3. liath

liath Seventh Year

One reviewer asked me what the orignal author thought about this story, and so I PMed the orignal author, and here's what she wrote: (Sorry, I'm a bit rushed... but I'll reply more thoroughly to arkeus' question later!)

-------
    penname: Muhjaa-ness
    profile: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/918345/
    --------------------

Well, I think that the direction the story is going in is brilliant. Well thought out, creative, and with proper developing characters!

I think there are too many stories out there that are totally stereotypical "Harry goes back in time and just grows up again", and if someone wanted the plain stereotype stereotype they can read any of hundreds (possibly thousands) of stories available that basically retells Harry's life with adult thoughts, but without letting anything Harry does influence the future of the story.

'Young Again: The Rewrite' is taking a totally new spin and Harry and of course the wonderful prof. McGonagall actually INFLUENCE the future and develop realistically (Like any proper story should!) I think the story you have turned it into is one of the best I've read, and thats without favouritism!

I have read hundreds if not thousands of time travel fics and this is one of the best. Don't let one or two reviewers let you down, they're not worth it. If you go into stats in your profile you can see how many people read it, add it to favourites, what C2's its in, etc. And I' sure you must've seen heaps of the recs it got on fictionalley/park. Most of us love it, do away with the evil pessimists.

*hugs*
    Abby Jack, bloody pirate.

PS: Don't stress, I never was worried, from what you've written so far I trust you to write a good story. I love waiting for the next chappie, and then reading back over the story when I get it.
    -------

4. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Wow... Frankly, it seems like the author is much better when it comes to respond than when it comes to writing...i think. A bit like me. As some said, his writing in the original story was a bit awkward, and even went into a harry/ELT (evil little twat) pairing, among other... interesting... choices. Glad to hear you have his approve, though.

5. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

oh my, there is a lot of info in the author's livejouranl (liath's, not the original author). things like the next outline, and how big it mght get, and so on... :) now i just have to hope liath doesn't kill off my favorites characters, as i think he might, with some of his chapter titles.)

http://allizarin.livejournal.com/

6. John Croaker

John Croaker Second Year

Liked this story very much! I just love a good Minerva. She's usually not given the importance she deserves, she's a tranfiguration mistress after all. :D

7. liath

liath Seventh Year

Sorry about the lack of an update...

My parents enrolled me in a two week intensive SAT I study program that lasts nearly 10 hours every day. Every single day! By the time I get home at about 7 in the evening, I'm absolutely wiped. I'm trying to finish the chapter. Really, I am. But my brain is so dead tired, I just can't seem to write coherently.

Good news, though: I got 800 on my Math IIC test, so that's cool! ^^

Saturday is only a half-day morning thing, so I have the afternoon to finish this chapter. I have about 4,000 words written.... Hmm, maybe I should post up what I have somewhere in this site, so you guys can at least have that? I don't know. What do you think? I know JackOfDiamond's (name sp?) put up his draft of the next chapter up, so maybe I should do the same.

Anyway, I'm a gonner, right now....

Toodles....

~liath

8. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

That would be great... to have something to read, ahhhh... :)
    Apart from that, good for your math test, and i hope your parents effort bears fruit. Good luck mwahahah.

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

If you ask me, I'd prefer to wait a bit longer and read a complete chapter, than part by part... but others may want it now... dunno, your call really.

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

Actually, I've just looked over what I've written so far, and I realized that it was all absolute rubbish. I obviously wasn't thinking as clearly as I thought I was when I wrote those scenes. I don't think I'll post them. Way~ too embarrassing. Seriously, the scenes are a mess. It'll take me some time on Saturday just to fix up what I've written already. *sigh*

I mean, look at this: (SPOILER WARNING)

That's in the middle of what I've written so far, and it's absolute crap. Voldemort would *never* say that. It's too abrupt. And too cliched. And *way* too stupid-sounding.

Yup. So. *Major* makeover for the chapter is needed..... *sigh*

Toodles....

~liath

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  11. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

I must admit that voldemort would be too wary to ask that of harry. After all, his "mark" could be taken as marking him. Too bad. Oh well, i still can't wait for the chapter to go out, i hope you do manage to sort it out soon. After all, there is what, fifty chapter now? Grins :p

12. razz

razz Seventh Year

I'm a bit confused, here - so Harry wont be permanently older?

13. liath

liath Seventh Year

Permanently? No.

But for how long? That is the question. ^^ (Though, definitely longer than weeks...)

14. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Umm its mark him as his "equal" he cleary 'chose' harry when he marked nevel(i no spelled wrong) so that he could bring harry out and deal with the larger threat.

He marked harry by marking neville, does this make any sense?

15. John Croaker

John Croaker Second Year

It makes no sense to me either...

16. liath

liath Seventh Year

Lol... I think you'll all see where I'm going with the marking business, once I post the next chapter... *tries to act like I'm not avoiding the subject of when*

And remember, keep in mind the new Prophecy that Minerva heard in the Headmaster's office. Something like, "Midnight" should strike a bell... especially since the next chapter is titled, "'Tis Midnight."

17. zEROfrustration

zEROfrustration Second Year

Cool, can't wait for the next chapter. Love the manefestations that masters/mistresses of their discipline can make.

May you find shade this day,
    zEROfrustration

18. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Really amazing chapter, and that title, Those Burning Bones, was perhaps one the most omnious ones I've read in a fan fic. And the rest of the chapter lived up to it; or perhaps, i'd say it lived up to the rest of the chapter. Can't wait for an update.

Ps. Woohoo, I do have Rise of Chaos on my HD. It had ten chaps when it was discontinued, right?

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

This is far better than "Rise of Chaos" I want you to know something Liath. I would like an update. I'm actually am quite eager.

I appreciate your discretion in this matter and trust this information will stay between the two of us.

20. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Actualy, iirc, rise of chaos had 11 chapters. But i prefer this fics, it is a bit better, though it's not hhr. Can't wait for you to update :)
    Good luck on your exams.