1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Muggle Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Goddess of Ran, Jan 23, 2006.

?

Does a Harry/Muggle pairing appeal to you?

1. Yes

98.3%
  2. No

1.7%
  1. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Challenge: To write a fic with a Harry/Muggle pairing.

Conditions:

1) She (The muggle) must NOT die.

2) She only learns that magic really does exist as late as possible without using magic to make her forget what she sees.

3) Romance must be one of the genres. (Obviously)

4) When I say muggle, I mean muggle. Not a squib, but a muggle. No appearances of hidden magic within her or whatsoever.

5) For those who didn't notice the use of SHE, the fic MUST NOT be slash.

Ok, this idea has been stuck with me for as long as I can remember and everytime I see a fic clsoe enough to it I end up finding out that the reader kills her or that she has some sort of hidden power locked up inside her.

If there's something you're not sure of regarding the conditions just ask.

Well, I'll be waiting to see if anyone takes up this challenge. PM me if you do. See ya

ÜÜÜÜÜÜ

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'd read it, if not just because I've seen few H/Muggle's. Otherwise it depends on how central the romance is..

3. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Usually....harry/muggle ends up during the summer....and its kinda boring <_< There was one I read a few days ago that was harry/muggle, but the muggle has a sister who was a witch so yea...she kinda knew what magic was (she gets turned into a werewolf later on by remus) >_> but yea.....w/e

4. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Meh, I don't know. . . Could be original enough.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I remember one Harry/Muggle that was kinda OK, if boring at times.

I guess that's the problem with that pairing - people read HP to read about magic and adventure. You can't do that with muggle girl around...

Heh, maybe you could make her blind and have Harry do all sorts of magic around her that she can't see...

6. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

That's somewhat the point if you understand what I'm saying. Most of the stories I've read concentrate too much on magic. It's like the muggle world doesn't even exist anymore in those stories. The only hint that muggles are there are the mentions of purebloods, halfbloods, muggleborns, squibs and muggles but nothing that actually introduces them. So in a way, I'm a bit bored reading stories that make it look like muggles and the muggle world don't exist or aren't important. For me this is what makes my challenge interesting.

7. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

If someone actually does focus on the non-magical world than I would read this challenge. But they would also have to have magical aspects of course, not focusing completely on one or the other.