1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS II (A Death Eaters/Mafia Variant) :: Concluded [Republic Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Hey guys just got back from the airport so sorry for not reporting in earlier.

I agree with the must lynch on day one especially with a target people are suspicious of. You guys remember Ashaya from the first? If we dont lynch Schrodinger then it will keep coming up and the Sith will use it to divide the lynch votes.

That being said we should not mistake stupidity and naivity for scumbagdoucheness and also lets not follow blindly what the more experienced players say - they may be Sith after all.

Vote Player: Schrodinger

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Wow ninjae'd by Kang. So ignore the Kang part of my post.

Then hgf or calutron :3

---------- Post automerged at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I have some serious fucking connection problems :facepalm

Also

You are just too high profile to stay low profile Lutris. :3

Also I don't like lynching on the first day since chances of getting a citizen are just too high.

So I am not voting now and if I vote it will probably be for some of the lurkers like Calutron,hgf or Kang.

I want to vote for Calutron or hgf just because of SW1.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

D fucking 8.

/contributin'

4. Kang

> Posts same amount in thread
    > Gets called lurker

5. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

KaiDash, you analysis of Schrodingers death is not entirely correct.

Much like Schrodingers cat in the real world, we will not know the status of Schrodinger till the box is opened.

Schrodinger can in addition to being a townie or a rebel, may also be a darklord.

Additionally, while the prime accusers that might lead to Schrodingers death might be innocent, those who have entered the bandwagon in the middle, and give it momentum are particularly suspectible. All this assuming of course that Schrodinger is lynched and turns out to be a townie.

Klackerz fuuu, and study law of indepandant events in probability theory.

6. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The thing is, at this point I'm the perfect target for a covered-up night kill: it'll get everyone all confuzzled about who I really am.
    I'd rather clear the air and die like a man for the Republic than have my body used as a tool by the Seperatists.
    So go ahead and lynch me. No hard feeling. (except for Sesc).

7. Kang

QFT

That or the surgeon covers it up and we are like whaaaaaaa?!?

8. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

THE CONFUSION IS OVERWHELMING.

This is going to be a fun one.

Voteee.... I dunno.

9. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Schrodinger seems innocent imo.

@calutron:What can I say, my past is coloring my mind. Also learn to spell. :3

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, I don't know about advising "unreasonable caution" and the "deliberately spreading uncertainty" parts. I just think we need a bit more than more or less random finger pointing to lynch someone on the first day.

I think Rats said in in game one or two that the probability of nailing a pro-town role is higher than catching and anti-town one and I believe he was right. Now, I am not at all experienced in this game like others are, this is my second game, but I just don't see the big appeal of first day lynching that is more or less random.

I know this is going to make me more suspicious and it is true that Schro is probably going to divide votes from now on if he isn't lynched, so yes, it is probably going to be better in the long run if he gets killed soon, but it shouldn't have come to this so fast.

I will wait a bit until more people have voiced their opinion before I cast my vote, if I do so, that is. First day lynching just seems to be a chance game with little probability of hitting the right target. I just don't see the advantage.

11. Relic

Relic High Inquisitor

So if Scho is lynched and he is indeed a townie then you get off scot free because you just voted for him because he's annoying.

Though, other people voted for the same reason - you seem either like a scummie (sp?) townie or actual scum.

Go after Taure first imo, then if he turns out to be a townie - try Nemrut, but if Taure is Scum my next bet would be Ashaya.

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, we're certainly likely to lynch an innocent on day 1. But if we refrain from lynching because of this, then day 2 just becomes the new day 1, and you're in exactly the same situation, only with a person dead from a night kill.

Sure, you have a bit of information from the identity of the night kill, and you have some information from roles, if the people with those roles come forward (often unwise) and are believed (often unlikely). Excluding psychic Asians, the information gained via these roles takes time to accumulate into something useful enough to actually lynch with confidence. If we only lynched when we had confidence, we'd probably be waiting night upon night upon night to decide who to lynch. Meanwhile, the Separatists are picking off citizens one by one.

Essentially, we can't rely on the information from roles to lynch. We have to do it on the basis of how people behave. Roles are handy and add flavour and fun to the game, but the basic mechanic is still "He sounds a bit dodgy, I think we should drop him down a well."

Relic: what part of the above reasoning do you disagree with? The idea of "must lynch someone" is endorsed by many of DLP's Mafia experts.

---------- Post automerged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Addition:

That kinda left the last part of the argument unsaid.

Given that we need to lynch on the basis of behaviour, lynching someone is a good way to see how people behave and react, which gives you something more to lynch from than randomness. But you need a pretty much random lynching to get the thing started.

I'm not saying that it has to be Schrodinger. Just that he is as good a person as any, and there were votes all ready for him. I'm not going to rescind my vote at this stage, because that runs the risk of no lynch. But if another, stronger, bandwagon forms, I'll certainly join it.

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Voting recap so far

Schrodinger: 6 Votes
    Sesc, KaiDASH, Ashaya, Taure, Oliver of Kingston, Kang

KaiDASH: 1 Vote
    Schrodinger

Taure: 1 Vote
    Relic

Yet to Vote: 14
    Calutron, Custer, Fenraelis, Hgf, Jwlk, Klackerz, Lutris, Nae'blis, Nemrut, Riley Poole, Scrib, Silens Cursor, SmileOfTheKill, Zeitgeist

There are 22 Players so 12 are needed for a lynch.

Day ends at 10:00 PM EST tonight, so 11 1/2 hours left.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  14. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Well, I'm willing to lynch Schrodinger. Don't really care who it is at this point. Better just get someone lynched. I don't have much to say and I'm not exactly sober right now so I'll leave it at this.

15. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Maybe it's just me, but Kai really doesn't come in any way like an anti-town character, and to be completely honest, neither does Schro as an RPer. If anything, I agree with calutron - it makes sense for the Sith to jump on board for lynching during the middle or end of a bandwagon.

So, going off of that knowledge, and the general nonchalance to the choice, and knowing that people have used 'drunken posting' to come off as innocent before, my greatest suspicions fall on hgf. I'm not going to call for a lynch quite yet, but there's something there I don't trust.

16. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

Well, I'm definitely not the only one that's nonchalant about it, most people just try to go with something like "I don't like it but I'm still voting for x", which I did as well in the last game where I was anti-town. I just really don't care at all who is lynched today. My only suspicions are completely baseless "feelings" that I get from reading what people post. For what it's worth I think KaiDASH is suspicious because he just seems suspicious.

When it's like that it doesn't really matter whether or not I vote with the bandwagon or not.

17. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I don't KaiDASH is suspicious.He's seems more bitter to me than anything else. :3

18. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

I think we can all agree the Schro will most likely end up being a townie, so a reasonable assumption to make about those who would want to lynch him is that at least a few of them are rebels, voting to push along the death cart.

I am going to vote for OllieK, since he seems to be closely emulating hgf last game.

Vote Player : Olliver of Kingston

As I said, there is nothing about Ollie that makes him any more suspicious than, Schrodinger, other than the fact that he was bandwagoning and the list of bandwagoners has a better ratio of town:mafia than the game at large.

19. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After reading the posts that I woke up to, I have a couple things to say.

Custer, you make a good point, but I feel safer having someone lynched than what Schrodinger said will likely happen, a cleaned up night kill.

Calutron, really starting in on me due to one post? Perhaps I'm not one of your separatists and if you're one of them then for obvious reasons you decide to target me for a lynching.

Separatists go ahead and kill me, if it's needed for the Republic to draw you out, I don't mind.

20. Nae

Nae The Violent

We need a lynch, and thus far, accusations are flying in every direction. A decision has to be made soon. Schrodinger it is.

It's too early to tell about everyone else, but I'm having a bad feeling about calutron.