1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    16 hours?

We could save ourselves from continual CFD EoDs if people, like. Actually defended themselves anytime before 6 hours remaining? That would be nice.

We don't even have any sort of consensus or anything......

....... y'all.......

(I have a feeling I'm going to be complaining about this over the course of several games, tbh.)

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I agree with you.

Basically going through isos to see if I can find something to build a case on, because finding town doesn't help when your towns want to kill each other.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fluff miner are not the scumteam.

Just stumbled over this and Miner would not have said most of this (maybe any) if fluff was his partner.

Esp the first part is not something he says to soft defend a partner in that situation.

Everybody that thinks Fluff and Miner might be scum and that's it. Think again.

And again.

And again.

If you are still reading this, think again.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

That'd be nice, yeah.
    I'd most like to see Fluff lynched, personally. On Friday, he said "I'm *posting* because now that I'm settled into college, I actually can give the game some attention". Since then, over the weekend, he's only made nine posts, and most of them were ??

Still working through ISOs, but I think his progression on you (Beru) can't really be explained.
    He hard scumreads you several times, then all of a sudden that vanishes entirely:

After placing Beru and Fable in top three scum and being questioned by Fable about a reversal, he says, "Or maybe, just maybe, you and beruru have been super scummy recently, and that has shifted my reads.
    I know it's hard to imagine, since evolving reads is something that you have no experience with, but my reads have changed for a reason."

And, when Jan asks him which read he wanted Fable to elaborate on, because he had said "Fable: makes these outrageous reads that he refuses to elaborate on, then acts as if he has. Not really pressuring people.", he responds with "Beruru being town"

Then, without anything relevant in between (except the heat on Beru decreasing): "Ok, i don't get why people are voting beruru anymore. This so far out of her scum meta its not funny."

The only post he had made in between was when he came back on Saturday (made one post and disappeared) to defend his volume-scumlean of Delphine, "Given i had 3 or 4 times more posts than she did, I don't see what's so shocking about that."

There is one other major benefit I see to lynching Fluff, but I'll only comment on that tomorrow (if I'm still alive)

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I want to say that fluff/GH are not aligned because fluffs vote here put GH at 2 votes while both fluff and Jari had 3.

I need to reread a bit more of the thread at the time, but I don't think fluff brings his partner (that has a stronger position in thread) into a position that might get them lynched.

Jari could have voted GH with ease. I read both of the mainwagons town ebfore and could have voted to protect them.
    Delphine was already on GH and made a case before.

(I think the whole move is somewhat towny from fluff in general, but people won't believe me on that front anyway.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think I can lynch fluff, sorry.

He is not aligned with Miner.
    He is not aligned with GH.
    I don't think the way Fable and fluff interacted today is teammates distancing because they don't scum theatre at all, they just talk about each other without understanding. They need a translator to comunicate in thread in a way that isn't w/w, i think.

From my 4 main suspects, fluff is anti aligned with all of them.

So yeah big veto on that one, buddy.

I went to reread gh to make a case on him being scum, but I cleared fluff instead.
    Good work myself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did you ever expand on why you have those thoughts?

Why are Rubicon and Fluff the same alignment to you?

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Miner, if you could do something different than either a failed tunnel that will go nowhere or scumreading the new people because you're ignoring them because they're new, that would be nice.

And... you didn't ignore me last game.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

"I want to say that fluff/GH are not aligned because fluffs vote here put GH at 2 votes while both fluff and Jari had 3."

Fluff calls himself "the leading wagon" in that quote, Jan. If he thinks he's getting lynched, does he never leave his vote on his partner?
    I don't think that stops him being paired with Fable, either, IIRC. He basically just shouts "fable scum not elaborating", and Fable's responses are not out of his scumrange (by his own admission). Do you think he would approach Fable differently if they were w/w?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tell me that Fluff looks like normal town Fluff (without citing pairings as the reason for clearing him, because you've been clearing him from the get go).

Better yet, show me a game where Fluff has a progression on someone like his progression on Beru today, and I'll back off.

In the meantime,
    Fluff

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Asmo, if you highlight things (even on mobile), you get a tag thing and can pull quotes out of posts.

Fuckin' useful.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I solemnly swear that I will not Garcia.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

2-3 people were soft defending fluff at the time.
    There was a realistic chance that a GH wagon might happen.
    Like .. he had 3 votes at the time .. and he doesn't call himself the leading wagon. He kills himself "a leading wagon" which is a somewhat noteworthy distinction.

Plus look at their follow up that day.
    Then look how GH first says fluff is only scum with rubicon (or rather says that if rubicon is town then fluff is town too) and then turns around and goes on fluff.
    Those progressions overall are not w/w either. Maybe parts of it but not to that extend.

On Fable/Fluff :
    I think they whole interaction would be very different if w/w yes.
    I don't think they interact in ways like that without really interacting with each other. They don't really ackowledge each other in ways scum would do if they plan to distance.

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

FUCKIN' USEFUL! MAAN THIS MAKES LIFE SO MUCH SIMPLER
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thank you!
    --- Post automerged ---
    lmao inb4 "tryhard"

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm yeah ebcause I will now look through the last 10-20 dlp games to make you happy.

Or .. or .. I just ignore this request as the ramblings of a lunatic. I think I will do that.

But I will put in one quote by fluff from the postgame of the one game where he rolled mafia on dlp Stardew Valley Mafia postgame :

Now compare that to this game and tell me anything he has done feels like someone that has stopped himself in any way?
    He hasn't because he is town and gives about 20 shits less.
    There are short bursts when he is around followed by ages of nothing. Scum!fluff stopped himself from being more active and still had a somewhat constant thread presence.
    Read his iso in that game if you want. ~150 posts in 3-4 gamedays. Not a hard iso to skim through.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I'm not a lunatic lol I wasn't asking you to find me a game. I'd have a better shot asking @his fluffiness that.
    I was just hoping you'd have one off the top of your head (or could remember, even faintly, a similarly drastic 180 on a scumread coming from town Fluff), given how well you seem to know him.

Thanks for the scumgame, might take a look in a minute
    --- Post automerged ---
    lol are you seriously citing a MASH as a reason to townread him?
    I barely consider mashes to be mafia

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Interactions in mountainous, lol.

Jan, are you sure? Hard positions and things don't matter until they actually mean something.

In a game where people act like this... ? If you have a correct read on thread temperature, it's nearly possible to do anything, especially if the temperature is approaching freezing.

This game is really turning into a sequence of "you should know better"s, and it's bothering me because it's only me calling people out on it. Lol.

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

oh, wrong game. the mash was by the same name on MU. Found the one on DLP, thanks.
    --- Post automerged ---
    lmao @Beru quick aside:
    dLGN played in the Stardew game Jan just mentioend and I literally instinctively shuddered and thought "WOLF!!" at his first post.
    It was just, "hi all, town here"
    T-T rip champs
    /aside

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Can we just pin this to the top of every page?

Like have a dedicated quoter.

Serious question.

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

but why?

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    *stares*

Anyway.

I feel like we're at the point where wolves can get the thread moving in any direction that they want.

It's bad.

Like, obviously really bad.

I've tried my best to make things happen, but nobody wants to do anything.

(insert Sotek quote here, again.)

I already said this yesterday, but if anyone wants to do something really spicy, now would be the time to do so. Please.

I was tempted to vote GH here, but I'm not going to yet.

Still feel like Miner is getting away with murder, but whatever.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

What would you say if I told you that I pushed on bears all of d2 and townread her today at basically the same time fluff did?

I hadn't done it in thread by that time, but when I woke up and read bears work from last night I was fairly certain that she is not scum.

Your case on fluff being scum is basically the same case you could make on me being scum.

Wants to kill bears -> changes opinion over night.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That happens when most (not really but it feels like most)of the people are not really playing the game to an extend needed to solve it.

Hooray for lazy idiots!

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    That feel when you're going to leave me alone here tomorrow with a bunch of cats without any nip to herd them.

RIP future me.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Look - if we somehow lynch a scum today, then we have a good enough chance to win the game.

Why don't you think interactions matter in a game like this btw?

I think Interactions are the most important part, because you have flips and no roles.
    Scum are more likely to try and fuck with you on that level, but a lot of scum are not good enough + a real and genuine weird/fucked up interaction is just hard to fake.

A "normal" interaction is easier to fake depending on the people involved.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Heading out to the store to buy all the things.

Back soon-ish.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Something that is funny to me :

You saying this and earlier today GH said my scumread on him is completely valid, when the game I compared his play here to (and found lacking) is a mash.

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Read these quotes and got a lil chill. I need town to step it up here to prevent these quotes from applying to us postgame. Beru isn't joking about thread temperature being near freezing.

That aside, Fluff did seem different in that game. For one, he actually made sense and asked good questions. He explained himself at times, and got along well with others. There were definitely similarities as well, but the differences are stark. Looks good for Fluff, I think I'll have to sit on this awhile.
    I did notice that, despite being on a scumteam with Jan, he only ever addressed him twice. Once, early game, to say they had the same reads (soft townread), and once again way later, to throw shade (soft scumread). Not sure if that's relevant, but I noticed it and wanted to share.

Jan was similar. I read this one and felt like the Jan that wrote that is the same Jan I know. I'm chalking it up to being the same personality, because there are also differences in the games (post volume, as well as actual pushes were lower in that game) that are more easily attributable to a change in alignment. One thing I didn't like (potentially relevant to our game if tinfoil world is real but save that for later) was, in his first reads list, he read all of his scumteam as either Town, Townlean, or Null (approximate names based on position in the list/groups). Aside from that, nothing especially notable.
    This post made me laugh because of Jan's earlier rage at Fable.

Miner, though, was drastically different. His tone there seemed natural, and you could literally see his wincon (town) in his posts. Despite midterms, (even 5 minutes before a test midterms), he was checking in and sharing reasoning/explaining himself. He seemed openminded, too, which is a stark difference to a few of his posts here (like telling Beru she's always wolf and always gonna die today).