1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Umami

Umami Squib

Dude, what's LYLO/MYLO?

2. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

There's a flaw in that plan in that Manasi is probably one of those. This only works if Manasi is the Fanatic. If Manasi is either of them you give the witches a free Gambler or Survivalist for no equity.

3. Umami

Umami Squib

well, don't leave us in suspense

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

The more I think about it, the more I'm favoring no mass claim here. Make witches either Role Kill claimed people and confirm worlds, or take their chances with the Angel save. Granted, until Angels outnumber Demons they can Haunt block, but it still seems a bit more safe down the line. Like, it doesn't really matter if we end the game fast, but if we're wrong a couple times I'd rather have the Angels be able to actually be a threat.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

When you need to correctly lynch/not mislynch in order to avoid being overrun.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Incorrect

let me finish my post
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hear me out.

Fanatic/Gambler/Survivalist claim.

If Gambler and Survivalist claim and they are both not Newcomb, Newcomb is the last witch.

If there is a Fanatic claim that isn't Manasi, a claim of Survivalist from Newcomb tells us that the last witch is exactly the Gambler because Manasi survived, and we can mass claim to find that after we get rid of Manasi.

The least optimal world is if Newcomb is the Gambler, because Manasi is Fanatic/Survivalist. In this world, it's possible Manasi's teammate has the other survival role. If that person DOESN'T claim, they are essentially witch claiming and we use the mass claim to narrow it down / draw them out. However, knowing that, that person will definitely claim, but we can use our judgment and see if the other of Fanatic/Survivalist fits into a Jarizok/Manasi/Tom/x world.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The thing is, Newcomb can be killed either way if not this cycle, then the next. If he's Gambler he's odd and he can't die tonight but can tomorrow. If he's Survivalist, his life is up and he can die tonight. I am okay with giving up the equity for the other of Gambler/Survivalist if it catches us the last witch.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It's possible that Witches don't have any defense roles - If they had Hunter with no good fakeclaim then they could have used Illusion Kill on Manasi to fake the Hunter Kill.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I didn't think about this, but in that case, we just add Hunter to the role pool for my claim idea and can narrow it down as a potential world that way.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And given that a randomized role list with 4 witches is highly likely to produce at least one defensive role and they aren't likely to throw it out, I'm pretty sure that's the least likely world out of all of them, Kai.
    --- Post automerged ---

Last witch in this world would be exactly Gambler or Hunter but the mass claim would give us a 50/50 as to the last witch and if we're wrong we lynch the other one and win anyway.

9. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Uh.

The first scenario, sure. But I don't see that being likely and it involves Manasi being exactly the fanatic.

If there's a Fanatic claim that isn't Manasi. Manasi can still be the gambler. If I'm reading correctly Gambler protects themself and one other person when a witch. This means that the last witch could have a verifiable claim.

I don't know what equity the third world gives us.

Maybe I'm slow or something but I don't see how this helps.

10. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

This is why I would like a hunter claim, but I guess it doesn’t actually tell us anything concrete.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

We currently know either witches have Hunter and used IK, or have at least one Defensive role.

12. Umami

Umami Squib

Can we do it step wise? Like have Fanatic claim first, then survivalist, and Gambler last if we need it?

13. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Wait, actually they didn't need to use IK - Hunter shoots fonti and they fail a role kill on Manasi.

Hunter + Defensive role is technically possible too.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is a spectacular modification to my idea and rules out worlds as it goes along. I like this.

15. Umami

Umami Squib

I believe Newcomb already ruled out idea of witches having hunter and using IK on Manasi
    --- Post automerged ---
    Good point

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Disquieted Okay, let me flesh that out a little bit.

The first (but unlikely) world, Newcomb being the last witch, would require two people claiming Gambler/Survivalist that aren't Newcomb. If Manasi is Fanatic and Newcomb is not one of these roles, two village claims of Gambler/Survivalist shows Newcomb was IK'd and he gets caught. If Manasi is one of these, we wouldn't have two claims indicating that Newcomb didn't have a survival role. If Manasi has one of these roles and Newcomb has another unclaimed role as a witch, Newcomb would claim Manasi's role and the villager of the pair would claim their role. This would be discoverable through Gravedigger though so it is not a sustainable lie and witch Newcomb always loses there. It may mislead us temporarily but it would unravel in the long run.

In the second world, if Manasi is not the Fanatic, either Manasi or her partner are the Gambler, or Manasi is the Survivalist. Alternatively, the last witch is the Hunter, the witches have no defensive roles, and the Manasi kill attempt was fake. In that case, of scum having no protective roles, all the villagers would claim their protective roles (Fanatic/Gambler/Surv.) and we would know the last witch is EXACTLY the Hunter.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Technically, yes. This requires so much brainpower and fuckery that I think it's 0.5% likely.

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

i'm basically not trying to say anything and wasn't intending to be clear lol

18. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

Then why say it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh these solves hurt my head and I feel like you have an idea of what you're going for. I still don't understand what we gain if Manasi is the Gambler.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

sometimes you talk just for the sake of talking

20. Disquieted

Disquieted Muggle

True.

I guess I don't really have anything else to say since I've realised that you're looking for a place that isn't "Cobalt/shadow" w/w, I believe.