1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #3: Desperate times, desperate measures

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vaimes, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

wE'RE ABOUT TO GET MAD HORNOGRAPHIC,
    (i MEAN SORT OF LIKE A GRAPHIC CRIME SCENE, nOT LIKE, aNYTHING SEXUAL,)

Votecount 1.5

Miner (6): GeneralHankerchief, Seratin, Keldeo, fire, The Waco Kid, Cuthalion
    Umami (2): Grapefruit21, tom
    tom (1): Osieorb18
    The Waco Kid (1): Umami
    Cuthalion (1): M Plus 7
    Sloth (1): Fluffiness
    fire (1): Miner

Abstaining (1): Sloth

With 14 alive, soft lynch is 8 and hard lynch is 11.

Deadline is here; less than 3 hours remain.

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Just to make it clear, I was not implying anything of the sort about tom and I believe we had a miscommunication.

I am interested in this though.

What do you specifically like about Miner's posts?

Walk me (briefly) through the extent of tom's behavior throughout this game as scum. What is his angle exactly?
    --- Post automerged ---
    UNVOTE
    --- Post automerged ---
    How do you feel about developing a counterwagon?

I'm not sure at the end of the day I want to lynch someone other than Miner, but if Miner is town, I think we owe it to ourselves to at least explore other dynamics seriously enough right now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *actually looks at vote count*

Okay, I'm listening enough on Umami to add to that for the duration. I need to go ISO her really. Maybe I'll do that now.

VOTE: UMAMI

3. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Ok, let's try this. I'm braving the dangers of takeout pizza in order to SUPPORT THE LOCAL ECONOMY IN THIS TIME OF STRIFE so I'm on a bit of a deadline but will try to hammer out a reads list + some explanations before I have to pick it up. Not ordered within tiers.

I am townreading these people for reasons that I feel ok about:
    Keldeo
    Sloth
    M Plus 7

I am townreading these people for stupid and/or light reasons:
    fire
    tom
    Waco

---the "acceptable lynch if the only other option is 'no lynch'" line---

I would rather these people not be lynched today even though I may not necessarily be townreading them:
    Cuthalion
    Grapefruit21

I am not townreading these people (AKA the disgustingly large null pile):
    Seratin
    Osie
    Unami
    Fluff

I am scumreading these people:
    Miner

---

So, let's talk about this in terms of my groups.

First pile is probably the easiest to talk about: these are my stronger townreads, not just because the reasons I'm townreading them are things I won't feel ridiculous about if I turn out to be wrong on any of them, but because I think they've been the towniest in the thread so far. Keldeo has been very active and prodding and I haven't detected any agenda in his posts. Sloth, discussed last night, mostly tonal. MP7's interactions with me reminded me strongly of the games I've watching him play and played with him two years ago and while I think he's barked up the wrong tree a couple of times, I genuinely believe that it's just him feeling out the game rather than try to engineer something sinister.

Second pile is the "I will have egg on my face if there are wolves in here" pile. Fire, talked about last night, the way the thread worked around him early on D1 felt like an honest appraisal of his play without any hint of wolves trying to do their thing and either bus or save the slot, so I'm just gonna call him town for D1. Yes, tom's thing aside. Tom: strong player, good wolf, doing my best to resist his natural pocketing, don't want to go there today, think he might just be town. Lol. Waco, discussed last night, seemed fine. He might need to go in the lower pile but I don't wanna.

Cuth and Grape are two people who I think I can get accurate reads on as the game progresses. They haven't done anything overtly scummy, and while I wish I had them a pile or two above, lack of a scumread is enough for me to give them a pass for the day.

Null pile: Seratin, Osie, Unami, Fluff. I don't think this is a coincidence that these are the people that I collectively have the least amount of experience with. I'm going to be in and out at EOD, and while I'll obviously be monitoring wagons and the like, I'm going to do my best to shrink this pile one way or the other. I think Seratin might actually be town since last night? I'm not even sure why though, it's like my gut feeling's gut feeling. I didn't really get a read one way or the other on Osie's recent posts. Don't hate the tom push, but it doesn't really do anything for me either. Rushing this section, I know it needs to be fleshed out, you know it needs to be fleshed out, just acknowledge that this section exists and that I'm not happy it's my biggest pile and let's move on.

Scum pile: Miner. I think his posting has been marginally better than Gemma's, but most of my problems with that slot originate with Gemma's posting and by very nature of the replacement there's not much that Miner can do on that front. He's still my preferred lynch.

4. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Made it through page 5, finally!

Which means...?
    Do you disagree with any part of this assessment?
    --- Post automerged ---
    So I've read every post by M7 up to this post, and I'm not seeing why he's in this group. Walk me through it.

Eh, D1's kind of our lull period.
    I'll 1v1 you into submission D2 or something (don't pretend it's not fun for you too).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nope.
    On the average, yeah, chances are high that any ML wagon has at least 1 scum in them (though not a 100% guarantee), however there's more than 1 player in the wagon and you're suggesting to just lynch them automatically?
    There's a reason why it's a factor to consider, but it's mostly complimented by play and involvement rather than being driven by that alone.

Is your read on fonti base solely on (ugharewebackhereagain) #6 or is there more? If so, what?

Same about your Gemma read: Are you basing that entirely on fonti or do you have your own read?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm. So how much experience would you say you have playing with Gemma? In past games where she's been scum, how would you say her behavior this game compares?
    Also, to clarify: Are you saying you're scumreading (or at least not townreading) her, but don't want to?
    Agreed. High five for ultimate mindmeld. /offers high five
    Warm.

Sloth rocked back a step, as if struck. Onlookers were alarmed by how his tanned face seemed to drain of color, his eyes robbed from their usual light, as he stared at the horizon, at phantoms only he could see.
    He whispered a single word.
    "...Mendel..."

--- Post automerged ---
    ...oh it was page 4. well fuck.

P.S. We do have a discord. Vaimes can probably invite you.

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I like the reads list, GH, thanks for posting that. I will be sure to post an updated one myself later but it won't look too dissimilar.

I've been trying to ISO Umami, but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere that makes me feel strongly in any way, which is depressing.

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Maybe sneak Sl
    Fair enough.

I wasn't actually expecting you to react that way but I didn't expect you to react that way two years ago in the first staff game and I've played little enough since then that you could justifiably hold the same pov. I think my issue atm is less the site/style constraints than the activity level and playerlist.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This does feel very different from any of the other dlp games I've played, a lot less... overlap?

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'll be in and out through EoD, tag me if you have a question for me

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    He doesnt deserve it and has a decent chance to flip wolf, but i want miner to live today.

Lynch umami
    --- Post automerged ---
    Will move back to him to secure a lynch and not feel the slightest remorse if hes town.
    And still expect to be lock clear if hes a wolf.

TIA

9. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I really like Sloth's breakdown here about Umami's progression on fonti; between this post and her ISO I realized what really sticks out to me the most is this quote:

I'm not sure I still understand how this organically came to be. I would like to hear Umami speak to that specifically.

10. GeneralHankerchief

Takeout place is crowded. Good sign for them I guess? Downside: still waiting for my pizza.

Vote: Unami

11. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm down.

12. Umami

Umami Squib

Oh, I thought it was separate from the don quixote thing. I guess I misunderstood. Need to catch up, but I'll look back if I have time to see why I was confused.

Update: I have zero read on grape

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

QUOTE="Umami, post: 1131911, member: 71044"]Oh, I thought it was separate from the don quixote thing. I guess I misunderstood. Need to catch up, but I'll look back if I have time to see why I was confused.

Update: I have zero read on grape[/QUOTE]

@Umami

I for one am very interested in your response to #531 above all else.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh dammit, I broke it somehow, that's great. Lmao.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm like, pretty sure that I disagree with that reasoning to townread fire. I want to hear more about your tom townread, because I've got my opinion and it'll help me leave a legacy at some point about you. I think your read on me is low-effort, but you're in the same boat as I am so I'm not fussed.

I keep telling myself I'll get to Keldeo at some point and every time I open that ISO I just nope right back to anime.

15. Umami

Umami Squib

Your 2nd explanation is on point -- I just took notes while I was iso-ing and then copy and pasted those notes.

Also, I generally don't look back at games or anything like that, but I just remember thinking that tom's reads weren't that good in the past, so I looked back at my 2 games and he was scum in both. Which explains why his reads weren't good in those games. He's also playing very similarly this game, especially with the early attack on Gemma. However, there are many players who have played many more games with Tom, so I admit I prob have some bias just based on my limited past experience and not seeing his village game.

I'm probably going to change my vote. Waco is too edited, which I know can be NAI, but that everything feels so crafted makes it seem less town to me. Granted, he did start the game by saying that he sounds the same/is edited as town or scum I believe. But, since I don't know him and haven't seen him maintain that identical tone in both positions, I'm not going to completely trust him saying that because it could just be a set up for an easy defense.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Well, my big takeaway is that I somehow showed incredible poise. Not how I would describe my game, but I'll take it

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

The more I go back and look at Umami’s ISO, the more stilted certain posts look. Her initial vote on me was weak sauce especially since she follows it up by asking me the weakest possible question and dropping it as soon as I appeared. I get no sense of really trying to figure out my alignment at all. This is a recurring theme when she actually interacts with other players, something that I actually feel like Miner has been better at doing since subbing in.

Umami despite her wanting to kill fonti with fire per that post I quoted never really makes any attempt to pursue it other than just stating about #6 repeatedly. For example, instead of trying in any way to convince anyone whatsoever about fonti, which you think might happen given how strongly she says she wants fonti dead, then ISOs grape instead and has a weak back and forth with Gemma. (additional note: post chains like the one resulting in #276 actually makes me wonder if Miner and Umami are just scum mates but that’s getting ahead of things)

I am increasingly wanting to put more heat on Umami at this time.

17. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

Hi, here ish until deadline.

18. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I would love to hear your input about Sloth’s post on Umami in #531 (I think, I’ve now read a lot of posts and I switched to mobile) and about Umami in general. I have become increasingly suspicious after doing some digging as well.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

She "NO U"'d me a while back when I was pushing here on her Gemma/Fonti reads

Can you talk to me about this read on Fire? Because when I look at his iso, I think that if the game went around him, it's more because he hasn't been involved in it very much. 6 posts, and I quoted my response to his main analysis above. Not to mention he got a bit of a space to stay off the radar when fonti got tired of people pointing out one of his earlier issues.
    --- Post automerged ---
    /10chars
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Miner are you around?

20. GeneralHankerchief

Ok, I'm back for the duration. Let's see what we can do here.