1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP I'm on TV by Bar Calak - Unrated [HP SI]

Discussion in 'Review Board' started by Skeletaure, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I don't have a problem with Baz winning all the time, but I would argue that finishing HP movies is long overdue. If you have a main character that always wins then in my opinion you need to replace the challenges for him with the variety of interactions and settings to make it exciting.

2. James

James Unspeakable

I'll echo previous couple of comments - surprisingly interesting read has turned into a turd in the last 20 or so chapters;

Lately it's been a hazy mosaic of scenes, like an impressionist painting, chasing from one crackish conversation to another, loosely connected by even more wisecracking internal monologue.

It's all very monotone and exhausting: Bas does X, everyone piles on him, he cracks some metaphors/quips, and everyone else quips back, instead of acknowledging that for last 10 years, Bas had some very sharp if unexpected ideas. Rinse and repeat, piling, wisecracking, quipping.

3. carbetocinate

carbetocinate Squib

Yeah I really enjoyed the first few bits (enough to cough up a month of patreon). However (no spoilers) the love interest angle gets in my view incredibly creepy in the last few updates. I don't want to say it's outright grooming but with the context of who Bas is and the other person it feels very grooming-adjacent.

My month is up and i doubt I'll ever read it going forward. Interesting premise with some good detail and energy in the first few arcs. But I think after he comes of age and the first nanny leaves you can probably call the job a good'un as a reader and move on to something else.