1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

uh nope.

Much of the utility of the Dancer comes from that they can drop hints about being another role and eat a night kill with absolutely 0 loss to town.

Confirming someone as the dancer just means they'll be sitting around til late game when the rogue warlock feels like eating them, since the dancer is the absolute last role witches want to nk. (depending of course on the effectiveness of the dancer as a player).

Also nope.

If you and Taure were scumbuddies with Sesc, you would know that Sesc is going to eat a Judgelynch at the end of the day so voting for him initially is very nearly the last thing you want to do. And agreeing with Sesc on big issues is similarly big scumtell. So there are reasons you would be scumbuddies but not being obvious about it (uh.. I feel kind of stupid just having to say that since it should go without saying).

So Necrule, do you have a scumbuddy list for myself and Sesc? If not, you should go make one. :)

---------- Post automerged at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

double post:

This is worded badly/wrong and I forgot to fix it - What I mean is if they were scumbuddies, a 'casual' association with Sesc like Taure had (votehopper go!) is fine, but a dedicated one like parking your Mayor vote there is definitely not what you want to do at all.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus Christ, you guys are all retarded. Seriously, Castiel as mayor? That was the worst fucking choice. How they fuck did that happen? He had absolutely nothing going for him other than the fact that he had few votes already. Everyone who voted for him voted for him for that reason. Ashaya is pretty clearly a town role. Either one of Kai and Sesc is a town role, and voting for either one of them, according to Kai's plan, would result in a net benefit to the town - either a pro-town mayor or a dead scum. Castiel, on the other hand, is an opportunist who jumped into the chaos of the Kai vs. Sesc fight and took advantage of it to get votes. Exactly as a scum would have.

Fuck y'all. We're doomed. If I had known Castiel was going to get mayor, I would have switched my vote to Kai. I didn't think you were that stupid though.

As for Aekiel: you're not Irene. Somehow, tenuous reasoning is a lot less convincing in your hands. Going back over the last few pages you could link pretty much any three players together with the same level of confidence (that is, none) since all you have to go on is one post in support of someone. The fact that you tried to do so hints to me that you're scum.

Current scumdar: Aekiel, Castiel, Sesc/Kai.

Necrule: that's why I didn't follow you and vote Castiel.

/rage.

Vote: no lynch.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@Taure: Too late. Y U NOT POST SOONER ;_;

Ahahaha. Oh, the perfect irony :D Well, if that is the case, I'm sure you won't mind if I try this on for size.

'k, so I'm the Dancer, then. How 'bout it?

4. KaiDASH

How about this.

You're a witch, or you're stupid.

But no matter what, you're dead.

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sesc, a little confused here, if you claim dancer, and you aren't then no dance tonight. so we're still not sure if you're clear... if there is dancing, then we know you are town. but that would only mean that you're clear, not clearing anyone else.

If you get NK'd by the witches, do we even see you were the dancer if you are?

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Heh.

While it's true that the plan would work, I feel that it's a bit late for that, Sesc. If you were the dancer you shouldn't have claimed judge in the first place. And given that the role of the dancer is to be unconfirmed, it doesn't do much good to have it confirmed publicly. Finally, if you are scum, this is exactly the kind of thing you would do to buy yourself another day.

I'm going to stick with my no lynch vote and let the real judge strike down the false. If you really are the dancer and Kai really is the judge and you die then, well, sucks for you but you shouldn't have judge claimed.

---------- Post automerged at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Although, again, worst case scenario here is that Sesc is the Warlock and Kai is his judge thrall and they're putting on a performance for us.

7. KaiDASH

>meanwhile in Witchville

'hey sesc, go do something crazy in the thread so we can throw you further under the bus'

'SOUNDS GOOD'

8. Sesc

Well, I predict an entire game without dancing then, Ollie. Since I'm dying tonight either way; I'm pretty sure I got too close to the witches as well.

Taure, I'm not the point. I knew what I was doing. I just don't want everyone to get tangled up in stupid speculations about me and my supposed witches (what Kai is trying to do), when that could detract from the real witches half of you just helped to become Mayor, despite my best tries.

Kai: I look forward to talking to you once this is over. Your insistence does not make you any less suspicious, you know. You remain in the Warlock faction for me.

9. KaiDASH

If you actually are town and claimed to be judge just because 'kai is untrustworthy/always scum/somesuchbullshit' then you got what was coming as far as I'm concerned.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I love it when people say this with nothing whatsoever to back it up.

Sesc said that? Must have missed it.

11. Sesc

... did I say anything else, Kai?

Of course it was likely to end this way. I thought you were suspicious (ITT, not meta-stuff), so I tried to prevent you from becoming mayor. Then I thought Ashaya was Town and tried to get her elected. The former worked, the latter almost, because I was sleeping when it came down to it :s

I'd say that's not too shabby as far as my plan goes, but of course I believe Castiel is a Witch, which is kinda annoying.

Castiel: The fact that Ashaya came late, and picked up votes from all over the place. I think I must've said this at least three times by now. That's a clear indication she's a Town role if there ever was one. Also, I think dhulli knows it for sure. Acolyte or something.

12. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Well, I still don't know why he claimed to be judge, tbh. When he was saying he was judge, he provided a plausible reason for his coming out. Now, I don't understand why he did it. It could serve no real purpose whatsoever.

---------- Post automerged at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Well, wanting to prevent Kai from getting Mayor is understandable, but that was, tbh, one of the worse ways to go about it.

13. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I think this is a difference in our playing mindset. I am very risk adverse and you are the opposite, doesn't help that I am convinced that only the Warlocks had a Judge candidate and they were relying on the Town believing the Warlock's roleclaim.

The way I see it, if we were the Witches together, we'd have one of two strategies.

Put our full support behind Sesc get the mayor abilites, hope you were of the other faction and the Judge lynches you first. Then work to keep the Judge from using his abilities once more. Obviously I'd hate this plan with a passion.

Disperse our votes and not go for the Mayor position, work to avoid everyone getting implicated when one is found out. My kind of plan.

Instead, with our voting patterns, the result is a hybrid of the two plans. Not something that makes sense as a grand plan to me.

It might make sense to you, but I have learned early on, in Mafia, you and I don't think alike at all.

Now for my scum lists.

Kai/Aekiel- Aekiel was suspicious in how much he tried to get votes for you early on, there was a period of time when I was reconsidering the connection but at the end of the mayor vote the way you guys interacted set something off. The two of you were too open and trusting of one another at the time, I felt.

Sesc/ you will laugh, Taure.

It doesn't make sense to me that they are witches together. But they do make sense as the Warlock faction. Taure banging on the don't trust Kai drum as hard as he was, was good for preparing Town to trust Sesc's big reveal.

14. Sesc

Was it, Moridin? It worked, and don't forget, when I arrived, you had already all but decided that he should be Mayor, and were basically nodding along with everything he said.

There wasn't a whole lot I could do, and as Kai just pointed out, the point of a Dancer is that the role is so useless it should be used to pretend you're something else.

15. KaiDASH

How can you justify counterclaiming as a town, when if my claim is fake I will be killed by the real judge at the end of the day?

It just does not make any kind of sense.

The most important thing there is 'eat a night kill' rather than eat a lynch.

16. Sesc

Kai: Because I didn't want a dead Mayor, or a Warlock Mayor, but a town mayor. I said this in my very first explanation, pages back.

Edit: Also, perhaps I should've stayed silent and hope that the witches believe my claim and waste a kill on me tonight. But I didn't want the town to waste time thinking about how I can be a witch, after you made one post after the next trying to get everyone to speculate.

17. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I admit this looks bad in retrospect.

In my defence, you're just going to have to trust that I'm a big enough arsehole to screw over Kai without any ulterior motive.

18. KaiDASH

Can we end the day already so I can kill Sesc? It would make me feel about 500x better.

This is my face right now

[​IMG]

19. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Vote: no lynch

20. Sesc

Lol, u mad Kai?

I told you there was no point in trying to come up with motives how this could make sense for a witch ;)