1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Super Highschool Level Mafia ~Mafia Win~

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Caesar

Caesar First Year

@Kalas: Thank you.

@Aek: Alright-

Scum Reads:

1-Aekiel: As mentioned previously, has had a number of posts talking about mechanics rather than seeking to contribute to discussion. Also misrepresented the previous game. Posted reads feel slightly off-somewhat contradictory in places. Generally, doesn't feel like town!Aek to me.

2-

Town Reads:
    1/2-
    3-Bill Door: Has been consistent in his pressuring of me. Admittedly hasn't been terribly active but what I've seen I've liked.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Caesar: Who's scum read number 2?

3. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Bah. Never gave my second scum read:

2-Luckylee: Has posted absolutely nothing of note, save for #99, which is just wrong.

---------- Post automerged at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 ----------

Ninjaed by font. Twice.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Caesar: Break down #99 for me please. What are you finding 'just wrong'?

5. Caesar

Caesar First Year

1-Pretty much everyone "backpedaled" from blab after his role claim. It seems strange to single Aek out. (Particularly when there other things to call Aek out on.)

2-Proph is one of the towniest players in thread at the moment. (Fake edit after rereading thread:after blab's roleclaim Lucky called Aek and Proph out for their pressuring of blab, ignoring the fact that font and (to a lesser extent) I did the same.) There's nothing especially noteworthy in Aek listing him as a town read.

3-(the bolded section) This is what really made me stop. I don't think it's arguable that Proph has contributed more to what discussion we've had than Lucky. (Although I'd really like to see your case against Kalas, Proph). Also, laziness is not an excuse. If you've a point to make, support it.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Proph is the one who started the wagon on Blab which is why I'm pretty suspicious. Him being Aekiel's strongest town read is also weird to me. Fonti seems towny and also questioned me on why I believed Blabs claim so her backpedaling is faaaaar more acceptable to me. But Aek has seemed weird all game, and Proph has yet to say why he wants to Lynch Blab, and then he wants to Lynch Kalas since it's "the best wagon" without giving anything until later.

7. Caesar

Caesar First Year

1-There was no wagon on blab. There were a few players using their lynch votes to pressure him because blab's behaviour was odd at the time.

2-Why?

3-Fair enough.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As in Mini Mafia.

Most of your posts to him and others have revolved around Blab. Sees posts #18, 24, 43, 60 and 70 for references.

Decent as in actually has content. Looking at her posts though I appear to have missed her post about Luckylee, which doesn't change my read any.

Caesar simply took Sesc's opinion as his own when he decided to vote for me. There didn't seem to be any analysis in his posts, which makes sense if he's scum because he doesn't need to analyse to get a read on people. He knows they're town/scum already.

Kalas hasn't posted much of anything, content-wise. He's just made filler after filler post with some mechanics talk and discussion about the last game. He'd done pretty much nothing of worth until my post.

My reads are my reads. If you disagree with them, tough.

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    1:Which I found out later, I thought Blab was about at the halfway point of a Lynch because iirc 7 = lynch and he had 3 votes. I wasn't aware that one of them had been from RVS. so fail on my part

2-Why what?

10. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Why is it strange that Proph is Aek's strongest town read?

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Seriously? He roleclaimed and I believe him since it doesn't make sense for scum to claim like this.

Proph is playing in a very town way, so I don't get where your criticism is coming from on that.

You've jumped from Blab to me (post 83) with no more reason than 'he's the next biggest wagon'.

I used mechanics talk as a way to start discussion. I'd have posted more beyond that if my weekend hadn't been as busy as it was, which makes my posts seem more mechanics-oriented than they otherwise would.

Ha.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Oops, forgot my vote.

Unvote
    Vote Player: Luckylee

You're looking worse and worse from this.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Caesar: Build a hypothetical around Luckylee.

12. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Just to clarify, a hypothetical scum team?

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Oops, yes.

14. Caesar

Caesar First Year

Right. Give me a few minutes.

---------- Post automerged at 05:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 ----------

It's surprisingly difficult to construct a scum team when there's been so little posting (horrible flashbacks to BSM) and without any post-Night info. Anyway:

1-Luckylee: (Compulsory element)

2-Aekiel: Has seemed scummy. Later interactions with Lucky could well be distancing. Doesn't mind bussing scum mates.

The potential third member is difficult to determine. I'm leaning towards Sesc or Fishy, with Lochness as an outside chance.

I'm aware this isn't particularly brilliant but it's late, I'm tired, information is limited and I'm not great at this sort of thing anyway.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    There's bussing and then there's starting the damn bandwagon.

I'll respond to this later. For now I want Fishy Justice, Bill Door and Kalas to give me their top 2 town/scum reads.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Feel free to ignore me Caesar. Caesar, Aekiel is pretty much the only person whose accused me since Fonti has let up on her pressure so lolwut. My hypothetical scum team consist of Lochness who accused me, and Sesc. I can't comprehend your reasoning on that one. Aekiel you say I have no other reason other than it's the only bandwagon, but in the very same post explain away the reason I gave, so yeah. Also people who aren't posting, lurking is pretty scummy.

My comment about you/proph was light pressure, but I don't think scum would try to get others to be active so I'll let up for now. I still want Proph to explain about his initial vote on Blab and then later on his Vote on Kalas.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Lochness: I want to hear more from you. Could you give me some reads?

Nice of you to ignore my second question.

If you really think five of 18 posts that talk about blab (when he happens to be the main topic of discussion anyway) constitutes tunneling, you and I have very different definitions of the word.

Of course it doesn't. You ignored the second question again. Was Lochness' post "content" or was it "scum coaching"?

I actually like this bit.

I get that you're trying to get away from meta, but can you honestly tell me that behavior doesn't match up with Kalas' normal early play style? You're arguments should have Kalas more as null with a scum leaning, especially considering the fluff other people are posting. Frankly, all of your scum reads are centered on passiveness instead of actual scum motivation, which is suspicious as hell.

How did Kalas' post 98 effect your read of him?

It's not that I disagree with them. It's that I think you made them up in order to look more towny.

18. blab

blab Second Year

@Rents: Do something. Analyse Sesc, please. Play the game.

@Prophylaxis: I just read the beginning of Randomness mini mafia. I don't know, I'm just not getting the vibe you're apparently getting.

I did. Just tried to misdirect on the Macho part.

I felt the same way about Ceasar's early posts, I didn't like how said stuff others already said. But I don't like Aekiel's wording here, plus he is essentially parroting what others said here, himself.

Déjà vu
    Relational tells day 1, huh?
    So, tell me what you thought in both of these situations.

What? I am accusing you now. Elaborate on your scum-reads. How does Lochness accusing you make her scum? Why doesn't it make fontisian scum, who pressured you (your words)? Why Sesc? Elaborate on him, please.
    Also, you Aekiel explains away the reasoning? you mean this:
    That is not particularly sound, if that is your reasoning.
    Especially since there were 3 players with 2 votes when when you posted this:
    Can you pick your "targets" on the basis how scummy they seem, instead?

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

To elaborate on this:

This is Aekiels original read:
    Apart from a) 1 vote not really being a bandwagon ( though to be fair, Kalas said something about "you'll see what Sesc sees", which can be interpreted as agreeing) and b) him mistaking Sesc for probably Bill Door this is ok. I called Caesar out on mostly repeating already said stuff earlier, too.

Then fontisian asks him to clarify his last sentence and he says:
    He accuses Ceasar of taking Sesc's opinion as his own while doing the same thing with Bill Door's. Whatever, that's not what I didn't like:
    Why does there only seem to be no analysis in Caesar's post?
    Qualifing his statements himself, huh? Also I don't like his generalizations, (the same thing I didn't like when he posted that uninformed majority (or informed minority?) stuff. Scum knowing who is scum/town and not needing to analyze is always correct. It just feels like padding, here.

/too much words about a small thing

19. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Could you..elaborate on that? I'm not sure if that is your scum team or what you think Aekiel is saying. If it's yours could you give reasons?

I still don't feel like you've adequately explained this, either.

Unvote. Lynch Vote: LuckyLee

I'm getting the feeling you're throwing suspicions around for the sake of it.

@Aekiel: Your Top 2 town reads: Font and Blab. They're driving discussion, to an extent. Proph is a close third.

As for scum reads, it's late and I don't want to half ass it. Lucky is clearly one, you may be another. I asked you a question you either missed or ignored. I would still like an answer if you can manage. You mentioned Blab being 'off' early in the game, before Proph explained. Did you have reasoning there?

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry for neglecting this game, I've had a major work overload.

I'm uncomfortable with being called town by so many this early, as I don't believe I've done many townie things just yet.

Readwall + explanation for my actions coming soon.