1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt Game 3 *\~ (DRAW)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Dec 18, 2013.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

They don't work. Either he felt like he might be lynched, or he didn't. You are assuming both at the same time.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    No I am not. I said that would be a ballsy thing to do if he were scum, and considering he had one vote it wouldn't make sense to me from that perspective. If on the other hand, he were town and had one vote, and considered how he himself had played, then yeah I can see why he revealed. If I didn't phrase that well enough my bad. Its past midnight tomorrow, I'll be a bit less delirious tomorrow morning.

3. Dermon

Dermon Muggle

Ok, I can't decide if Luckylee's defense of Zeitgeist reads like a scumteam or not. If they are scum together, why connect themselves like that? What do you think, Font?

4. fontisian

Dermon: Because Lucky is a complete derp? I'm going to look back through tomorrow, when my head's a little clearer, before I come to a conclusion.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Oh and I'll have a real comp, so I'll get those quotes.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

What? We have one confirmed scum death, and you think the Oracle's 'secondary ability', which is on the verge of activating, is useless?

Why?

lolno

Wait, what? What's your last question? I've been back for a while now, indeed since before D2 ended.

Also revealing as fake town is highly useful in several cases even when there's no imminent lynch (and especially if there's a threat of a lynch down the road).

Indeed, as you said, Zeit might have felt (and had good reason for feeling) that he might be lynched further down the road. And yet after his reveal a disturbing number of people seem willing to write him off as town. I'd say his reveal worked to shift suspicion off him.

Where in the above scenario, as it has played out, is Zeit required to be town? The usual threat with fake town reveals is that the role you reveal as generally has someone real occupying it - but here, roles are dissociated from alignments, so Zeit can use his own with no fear of a counterclaim. So, again, why exactly is it ballsy?

Get what done? What does he expect to happen with this information? Warning the 'real priest', on N2 after we know a scum was killed?

Was just about to post this. Well, points 1 and 3. I'm not sure if 1 could work as it might qualify for the 'Encryption' thing, but if it's allowed then it's very powerful given the kind of info Rubicon would have been privy to (identity of Gravedigger and Judge, I think).

7. fontisian

Yeah, no Vira case tonight. Night all.

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    LOL ninjaed, and more wonderful interaction between Fonti/Dermon. Night.

9. Moridin

You phrased it fine, and that serves only to highlight the nonsensical reasoning.

What, exactly, is the difference between a scum!Oracle Zeit and a town!Oracle Zeit, that would mean one revealing makes sense where the other doesn't?

Again, don't forget, (assuming we believe Zeit is the Oracle which there is no reason not to) there is no danger of a counterclaim. So why is it nonsensical for scum yet reasonable for town?

10. blab

blab Second Year

Hey, I have a great idea! how about we scumcoach even more?

I am caught up now

11. Moridin

What scumcoaching, sorry?

Also if you're caught up then could you give us your opinion on matters? I'll assume it's incoming.

12. blab

blab Second Year

I'll probably sleep before I finish that.
    You can ask me specific questions, though.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

[​IMG]

What the fuck are you doing.

Unvote
    Vote: BillDoor

Let's get this over with already.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Also.

Zeitgeist, "the check was invalid"? Which check, did you even read what the arch-cards do? Archdemon inverts a specific person, not the next check in general. So who was supposedly checked, and who was supposedly wrongly checked? Come on, man. You make even less sense than usual.

Prophylaxis: What's with quoting other games now? Confusing as all fuck, tell me what you want to tell me without that.

fontisian: It makes about as much sense as the rest of Zeitgeist, doesn't it?

blab: your impressions as for the state of the game would be much appreciated. Tell me what you think about people (doesn't have to be all of them, just write a few lines to the ones you think you've already got a good grip on).

15. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

@Fontisian & Bill Door: I am fairly certain that at the time I role-revealed, I wasn't going to be lynched. A number of other names were floating around at the time, including but not limited to Dermon, Bill Door, Luckylee, Typhovira and Probellum. That should explain why I am far more likely to be aligned with the Town than with the Coven: it is ostentatiously and far too risky for a scum Witch to claim when he/she is not in eminent danger and share information that could and should be kept private. Moridin and you two are doubt-casting by using argumentum ad consequentiam or an appeal to force.

Essentially, the three of you are arguing that "Zeit's a scum oracle because a town oracle would never role-claim; the secondary role of surviving until only one Witch remains is likely! Now as a scum oracle, he's going to bluff the town using his fantastic-awesome scumploy and will kill you all."

tl;dr, Fonty, BD, and Moridin are fear-mongering. Derps like Dermon are following along because Fonty's previous position as a Town leader allowed her to pull-off fallacious arguments that Appeal to Authority. However, those three are desperately trying to string a case together because they know that a.) Sesc, Aek, and Stojil are townfirmed; b.) Rubicon is Scumfirmed. That means if I'm townfirmed, that significantly focuses the scumhunt on an increasingly limited pool of suspects.

Also, I suspect that the Witches would have night-killed me before only one Witch remained, which means that I had to role-reveal in order to refocus the town's efforts. Having two town-firmed people helps limit the possible candidates for Witchcraft.

16. Moridin

Why would the witches kill you before only one witch remained, exactly? Given the number of times your name has come up as a lynch target?

Why? This is something Lucky has said as well, and I fail to see the reasoning behind it. Can either of you explain the thought process here?

Bill, what is your opinion of this day so far, and how does your current scumlist stand given that information?

---------- Post automerged at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I've made a mistake in one of my previous posts. I was under the impression that there are only three witches, when in fact there are four. As such, the oracle's witchcount activation is not imminent, which lends a little strength to Zeit's case. The rest of my points stand, however.

17. blab

blab Second Year

All right, train arrived, and I'm home now.

Wetnurse/Prophylaxis:
    Very Suspicious. All of Wetnurse posts were bad.
    Prophylaxis starts with voting for Kalas. I don't like the interaction analysis. It's basically impossible for me to follow his train of thought. The case on fontisian is not particularly convincing, basically only the lack of interaction between Rubicon and fontisian is a real clue...Basically having trouble finding something I can like.

Zeitgeist: Pretty wtf. (And the overly verbiose posts were actually the best) I can make more sense out of his play if he is scum, then if he is town. Therefore, want to lynch.

Typhon/Vira: Vira seems towny, especially for pushing against Kalas lynch

Caesar: Absent. A bit isolated in interactions. I didn't like #87. Nobody missed him, that's dangerous. Null-read, probably town then

fontisian: Suspiciously buddying Probellum. Got one "towny" post through before loose cannon(suspicious) Still, own behaviour more towny.

Dermon: The Kalas/Rubicon thing was bad, especially since I had hindsight. Keeps doubting Kalas is weird, too, but doesn't make him more likely to be scum. null-town

Bill Door: Suspicious day 1 Aekiel lynch. Timing of Kalas case bad.
    I am apparently not seeing what you are seeing, though. Why are you so sure that Bill is scum?

Moridin: towny. Why was he scummy again?

LuckyLee: No words.... Maybe finally scum?

Zeit Proph Bill Dermon LuckyLee Caesar fontisian Moridin Vira Sesc blab

18. Moridin

13 hours remaining. Can we get a votal, Kai?

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

"The best policy is to declare victory and leave."

-- George Aiken​
    Current Vote Total:

Bill Door (3): Zeitgeist (#497), Moridin (#499), Sesc (#593)
    Zeitgeist (3): Bill Door (#500), Fontisian (#533), blab (#569)
    Dermon (2): Luckylee (#516), Vira (#518)
    Fontisian (1): Prophylaxis (#492)
    Luckylee (1): Dermon (#503)

Abstaining: Caesar

It requires 6 to lynch, 8 to auto-hammer.

As always, updated information can be found in the status document.

As of this post, day has 10 hours remianing.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Prophylaxis voted Fontisian (#492)
    Fontisian voted Vira (#494)
    Sesc voted Probellum (#495)
    Zeitgeist voted Bill Door (#497)
    Moridin voted Bill Door (#499)
    Bill Door voted Zeitgeist (#500)
    Dermon voted Luckylee (#503)
    Luckylee voted Dermon (#516)
    Vira voted Dermon (#518)
    blab voted Moridin (#520)
    Fontisian voted Zeitgeist (#533) | Previous Target: Vira
    blab voted Zeitgeist (#569) | Previous Target: Moridin
    Sesc voted Bill Door (#593) | Previous Target: Probellum

20. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Sesc: I misread the description for the cards. Honestly, I believed that the dead witches could still converse with Demons and believed that if the Archdemon was expended, the next Priest check would automatically fail. Although I might have lacked those reading comprehension skills, I do believe that role-revealing as a Villager Oracle was a step forward for the Town.

Why? Now because fontisian, Probellum/blab, and Bill Door all look terrible at the moment, with Moridin as a back-up. Furthermore, we can ascertain whether Typhovira, Caesar, and the others are potentially Witches who are bussing, although I have getting a strong suspicion that the aforementioned three are highly suspicious.