1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Canon Arguement for Harry/Draco

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Giovanni, Jan 22, 2006.

?

Harry/Draco UST or No?

1. Gio Put The Crack Pipe Dowwwwn *backs away*

93.2%
  2. No

5.1%
  3. Yes

1.7%
  4. Obviously

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I am going to use the Ron/Hermione Shippers favorite arguement of "Their constant fighting is obviously coming from unresolved sexual tension... All they need to do is snog."

It's true guys, I mean think about it; JKR does spend a fair few sentences describing Malfoy's features, and her negative description of Narcissa Malfoy in GoF coupled with Harry's lack of any real feeling when Cho kisses him... Well it means that Canon! Harry is gay.

Therefore his fighting with Draco really means "Draco lets go have hot sex." And judging by Draco's responses we can only assume its mutual.

I mean it works for Ron and Hermione in Canon therefore it should work for Harry and Draco as well.

*tries to keep straight face*
    *fails*
    *bursts out laughing*

LOL, LMFAO, OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT!!! Well that settles it, give me enough stress and boredom and I WILL attempt to make an arguement for ANYTHING... Even if it is counter to my own personal beliefs...

I really tried to write this seriously... But I just can't. And no it doesn't belong in the S & P Section, it is a LEGITIMATE canon arguement. And besides you have beastiality (Harry/Ginny) in this section... So a slash pairing shouldn't be that bad.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Nah it makes perfect sense, after all Harry and Snape's relationship is just unresolved sexual tension after all.

Unresolved as in they'd rather shove a cactus up their asses then screw one another, but hey, it'll always be unresolved

:mid2

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

The question is not if you'll put the crack pipe down, but what aren't you on? A canon arguement for H/D...that makes sense?

"They're always fighting, they must be in love." The fact that applying the same reasoning towards Harry/Draco actually makes some twisted sense is unbearably frightening. I suppose the pathetic Death Eater who can't use an AK is a bit better than a sixty-nine chromosomed cum dumpster, but still I shudder to think of either. Perhaps Snape would apply here as well... *visible shudder of disgust*, but they'd more likely murder each other than have a relationship.

I must be bored to even consider writing a post like this.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah thats what frightens me the most about the Ron/Hermione ship as well...

It's why I support Draco/Harry in Canon if Ron and Hermione are considered a legit ship.

Through Book 5 however I am a Harry/Hermione Canon person... True she is a bit well... Obsessed with the rules, but that gets balanced out by Harry's complete "Rules??? What are they again?" attitude.

But back on topic HARRY/DRACO 4EVA!!! I mean c'mon guys, it has more Canon evidence than Harry/Ginny. And you must admit that with MPREG they would have beautiful babies... Which as we all know is the most important thing, because it will make JKR's fangirls the happiest and drive ticket sales for the 7th movie through the roof.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sadly it does indeed have more basis in canon then H/G. Harry ignored Ginny forever, she only tags along for DoM, and suddenly he's got a monster in his chest for her???

pfft love potion. JKR won't have the balls to do it, but the way she dropped the hints constantly in HBP it makes logical sense to use the love potion.

Meanwhile at least he and Draco have an unhealthy obsession with the other, constantly seeking each other out for fights. Granted it's still retarded, but sad that there is better foundation to belivably make H/D then H/G

6. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Um ok wow. The sad thing about this topic is that it actually makes sense in a weird kind of a way.

I remember once reading quotes from HBL (which may I add were all added by 13 year olds) and one really got imprinted in my brain. It went something along the lines of "Harry was slowly becoming obsessed with Malfoy."

Sure, it might've meant that Harry wanted to find out what the guy was up to, but now that I think about it... ugh I do not want to think about this any longer, it's just... wrong... all of it is wrong

7. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Disturbing, yes?

See this is why I hate my brain... For every 100 brilliant analytical arguments it comes up with there is always one that is exactly like this... Not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, just incredibly skewed; and disturbingly justified through reason.

And the worst part? This pairing is actually better than the Canon one.

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I always did hate the reason.."They're always fighting, they must be in love." but yea it h/d is easily justified by harry's constant thought on draco the who year...this makes me sad..that slasher have a reason for the pairing and we have no reason for our pairing other then we like it since we hate ginny and herman.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I disagree... You could cite examples to back up a Harry/Tonks, Harry/Luna (books 1 - 5) , or even a Harry/Bella pairing.

The arguments would hold the same amount of water.

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I ment a girl in his year...i forgot about luna but what examples where there for tonks...as for bella...i dont need example..her being bella is good enough..

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*slams head into nearest wall* Disregard my vote...

The "fighting = repressed love" Seems like a stupid arguement to me, especially for m/m. Most times you hate someone, its hate.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Then I guess Ron/Herman isn't a Canon shit either.

13. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    There is, however, the fact that canonically there's indications of somesort of 'friendship' between Ron and Hermione, where as none exist between Harry and Draco. True, the 'repressed sexual tension' idea has the whole opposite attracts crap, but there is also something more than just that.

14. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

I can honestly say that I argue with my girlfriend all the time, I enjoy it, she enjoys it, it’s fun. I can also honestly say I argue with other guys all the time, does that mean I want to go bone them after school….no. There is a difference between arguing with someone you like b/c it’s fun, and arguing with someone don’t like b/c you think they are wrong.

15. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

OMFG!!

It's disturbing that it makes so much sense. *Grabs a paper bag and vomits*

But I really don't think that it applies for everyone. I argue with my friends but I don't really think it's UST. Unless you count my girlfriend.

OMG I can't believe I said that. :p

But seriously, at least Hermione and Ron are friends so they had a base for their relationship. But Harry and Draco? I don't see any friendship there only Fiendship or if you prefer, Friendshit. :twisted:

16. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

UGH!!! Dammit Giovanni! Now this argument is gonna be stuck in my head and next thing you know I'll be supporting SLASH! *shudders at the though*

UST my ass... Imagine if some 13 year old fangirl H/D shipper finds this topic in DLP and links somebody else to it... I am so gonna be embarassed that our very own Dark Lord Giovanni is supporting the argument... ugh...

17. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Ok, I don't really know why I'm throwing this in (Must be lack of sleep) but that part about my girlfriend is 100% true.

18. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Aw come on ppl! we are meant to be fighting AGAINST THIS

and think about it logically, if a guy came up to me, and said ur a wank, and i shout back, no u r a wank, that does not mean i want to grab him by the collar, pull him into an empty classroom, and then do him, does it.................

DOES IT....................

OH GOD SOME1 TELL ME!

19. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Maybe not for all guys... But even after the argument do you spend forever and a half obsessing over them? NO!

With that said the UST argument could also be used to support *shudders* Ron/Draco.

In short the utter ridiculousness of this topic is meant to point out the faults in the Ron/Hermione pairing.

20. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Oh God, Currently tearing out my eyes to destroy the mental image of Harry/Draco/Ron

I think im gonna puke