1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hawk's Plight by The Obsidian Pen -T- Naruto/RWBY Crossover

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by soczab, Jun 25, 2020.

1. soczab

soczab Seventh Year

High Score:
    Title: A Hawk's Plight
    Author: The Obsidian Pen
    Rating: T
    Fandom: non - it’s its own fandom I suppose.
    Genre: Naruto/RWBY Crossover
    Library Category: Crossover
    Pairings: None as yet.
    Summary:
    The Fourth War was over, peace has finally been achieved. Sasuke, unwilling to let this peace be at risk, continues to train his new-found powers to make sure this peace will last. When he practices with a Rinne-Sharingan Jutsu for the first time, however, things don't go as planned and is sent somewhere unreachable. Regardless, he will do anything it takes to come home again.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11554335/1/A-Hawk-s-Plight

I didn't see this here and figured I would post it to see what others thought. I'm kind of on the fence on whether it would be library worthy or almost recommend and would like some second opinions. The first chapter or so is a little rough, but over all I thought it one of the better naruto crossovers ive come across. Ive read it twice now, which is probably a good sign. Its not like the greatest of all time, but I do think its a very solid story. What really nails it imo is Sasuke. His characterization is spot on and really what the story is about. I could very much see the sasuke at the end of the great war going through some of the similar struggles this one does.

Sasuke probably is technically depowered a bit here (just because he isn't a literal god who could level countries) but they dont weaken him a *ton*. He is still almost always the strongest character in a scene, but the author finds ways to still handicap him. Its believable that this is the sasuke from the manga/show and the author has a good grasp of how ninjas and their techniques work.

A few other bits i had to roll my eyes at slightly. Usually because the rwby characters were being a bit too stupid. I will say I thought ozpin was rather well done though, and he is usually hard to do right (and balances out Neapolitan who was done in cringe worthy fashion). And while Sasuke is clearly shown as stronger then just about anyone in RWBY (except maybe Salem) he still can struggle in *group* conflicts against multiple foes (of the right sort) and a lot of the challenges he faces are emotional ones.

No romance which is a plus in a fic like this.

So. Yeah. Tell me what you all think. For me its a 3.5/5 rounded up to a 4.

2. soczab

soczab Seventh Year

High Score:
    Heh so no one has read this I’m guessing?