1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Thanks for keeping the faith of our friendship, Yeagen, and not doubting me... not. Well, I suppose you have your reasons, but still.:(

Anyway, as expected, any chance at a realistic defense was preempted by Sacrifice, therefore putting anything I say in following, in extra doubt. For what it's worth, I'm either the Liar or the First Ranger.
    (...and a hearty 'pah!' at you, KaiDASH, for demanding an explicit reveal. My role ability is benign enough to scum, that I am hardly a key target, so the chance of my prolonged survival and obvious White Walker vote steal is relatively high. It's better to at least make the White Walker waste a night if he flips a coin and gets the wrong role targeted.)

I would still like to be quite suspicious of you, Sacrifice, for having such a hard-on for my supposed guilt right from beginning on such a flimsy(and false) reasoning. That said, your outright volunteering to have yourself killed does rather absolve you of any guilt, so really I have to pay more attention to the people that jumped on right after you. Some of them have to be scum, I'm just not sure who.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I already have an idea in mind of who I want to use the Ranger check on and it isn't Fen.

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Oooh :p An aura of mystery. :D

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lmao not mystery so much as being careful. If Im right, its much better than him.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Ranger Vote: Anya

Ranger Vote: Krogan

I don't want to lynch Fen again in case it just ends up being a waste of a lynch if he doesn't die.

6. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tyrannosaurus Ranger Vote: Krogan

I trust him to do a good job unless he's scum, and to do rather poorly if he happens to be scum. Add to that that I actually like the guy, so I'll support him in ranging.

Not sure who else to send. I'm not sure of Sacrifice and Fen who to Lynch but I'd like to get rid of Sacrifice more of the two, so I'll vote for him.

Standard Vote: Sacrifice

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Holding off on my Ranger / Lynch Votes for now, but I'll post in a couple of hours. We've got plenty of time til Day 2 ends at least.

...though, actually, I'll toss one vote in, since it seems to be the one everyone agrees with. This way if the day ends early or I die or Hurricane Katrina comes back or whatever, at least I'll have contributed a little.

8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

---------------------------------------

Vote Update

Lynch Vote
    12 VOTES REQUIRED - 23 PLAYERS HAVE NOT VOTED
    Name (Standard+Deadline=Total): Voters

Sacrifice (1+0=1): Gambit

Ranger Vote
    Name (# of votes): Voters

Anya (4): Eternity Lost, Krogan, Snowflake, LochNess
    Eternity Lost (3): Eternity Lost, Krogan, Gila, Anya
    Krogan (6): Gila, Snowflake, Anya, LochNess, Gambit, CheddarTrek

9. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Dude, are you kidding me? I offered to kill myself in order for a Ser Piggy confirmation if Fen is actually scum or town, and the reason for you lynching me is to "get rid of me" ?

A logical townie would think this way:

Sacrifice offered to sacrifice himself for town as a proxy lynch, either he is playing us extremely hard right now or he is actually serious about it. Should we trust him or not?

A scum would think the following:

It doesn't matter which one is lynched, neither is in my faction (it does not matter if Fenraellis and Sacrifice are innocent or not)

OR

It is best not to let Fenraellis get lynched again(because he is in my faction as Onion Knight), and that would eliminate him being the First Ranger, bringing him to a 2/3 chance that he indeed is scum.

Furthermore, casting a Standard Vote instead of a Deadline Vote this early in-game, what the hell are you thinking?

In post #414

you specifically said this

You are well aware of that fact. Yet you contradicted yourself in this very post. Good job making yourself look extremely suspicious right now.

I strongly encourage you all to monitor him closely.

I have a good mind to lynch vote him but the moment I cast my votes the WW will reanimate them anyway.

10. guljons

guljons Squib

Well if Sacrifice is really serious about his plan, then I say why not.

And Piggy doesn't have to role reveal, he just has to kill someone and then, if Fen is town, that night there will be 2 non-WW kills, as someone already said.

Only thing is- if Fen is town and Red Court kill tonight then they could bypass their kill to try to show that Fen was Onion. They would gain a sleeper scum that way, because we would assume we had already found one. Only Piggy and, if Maester checked Fen, he would know that that was not the case.

Sacrifice by sacrificing himself pretty much shows that he is town, because why would a scum trade himself just to show that Fen is possibly scum?
    If Sacrifice is scum and we lynch him today, there would be no Piggy kill and we would assume that Fen was the scum. I don't think that a scum would trade his life just for that, even if he is suspected still by some players.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You're obviously the Liar or Ranger if you're town but you roleclaiming now leaves open the opportunity for you to be caught in a lie (since later in the game you could claim one of them knowing it is dead).

Any plan that revolves around lynching Sacrifice under the assumption he is town is automatically bad. Scum have too many things they could do to mess with the results we'd get from that.

12. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I just realised a slight problem in my plan.

That is, however unlikely, if Ser Piggy was killed tonight, then the plan would fail totally, if Fen was innocent, he will also appear as scum.

Now, about Fenraellis.

Supposedly the Wildlings were the ones NK-ing yesterday. Why did they go for Aekiel, when Fenraellis is a potential Onion Knight/White Walker that could not be gotten rid of by lynching,

Suppose the Red King's Court were the ones NK-ing yesterday, of course, they will not kill Fenraellis if he is indeed the Onion Knight.

If Fenraellis is town/WW, the Red King's Court might decide to NK him, because they have nothing to lose. Suppose Fen died, RKC have killed one town, suppose Fen did not die by NK, everyone will know that Fenraellis is definitely the White Walker, and we will be getting rid of him today.

Another possibility is that Fenraellis is town, and RKC did not kill him so that Town will be focusing on him, and not on their actual members.

Looking at the above possibilities, can someone tell me which is more likely now?

The chances of Fen being scum is way higher than him being town. The chances that it was the Red King's Court to NK yesterday now is also higher than it being Wildlings turn to NK.

I am beginning to have doubts about my own idea after all. However, if you guys wish, I am still willing to carry it out.

---------- Post automerged at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Another way for the plan to fail, is that of all people, you all decide on me killing the most suspicious person, who might be none other than Ser Piggy himself.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I feel like lynching Sacrifice under the assumption he's not Town. Telling Fenraellis which roles to claim still fills my brain with tons of fuck. That it might have been obvious is entirely beside the point. Why don't we tell everyone how they should behave so that we don't suspect them, already? :?

If you look at numbers, lynching Fenraellis is the way to go. 50/50 is way better than what we get for a random lynch, and it offers a definite result: If Ser Piggy can kill, he is Town, if Ser Piggy can't kill, he's scum. Worst case is we lose the First Ranger, everything else is better.

Is there anything I'm missing?

14. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Great job telling Fenraellis what he could claim, Sacrifice.

Now, I have a question. Which scum in their right minds would attempt a NK on Fenraellis?

I still have my eye on Yeagen.

15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Geabe, why will scums not try to NK Fen?

The fact Fen survived the lynch brings him down to 4 possible roles. One of them being WW.

Just by attempting NK on him, they either killed a town role or onion knight. Suppose the NK failed, all of town and scum factions will know he is WW. Town will then spend this day discussing about how to deal with WW, which is ideal for scums as their own faction will not be targetted.

16. Geabe

Geabe Guest

That is assuming the Wildings get the Kill tonight.

And it is simple to think of the reason. Do you not see my point?

17. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I do. I know what you are thinking now, no need to explain further.
    As for the reason why I told Fen which roles to claim should be glaringly obvious to you too, Geabe. I know for a fact Fen will not screw up in roleclaiming. That explanation should be enough?

18. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

How about we lynch Fen again?

If Ser Piggy can kill, he kills Fen.

If he can't, we have the Liar pinned down.

If Fen dies, Ser Piggy kills someone else.

The only downside to this is if Ser Piggy was killed in last night's NK, or is killed in tonight's.

19. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Oh damn, I forgot about Ranging last night. I'd like to put forth myself as a ranger for tonight or future nights right now.

Heh, Park Ranger Kensington sounds pretty awesome to me.

20. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Super fucking scummy, I'll be watching you, Ollie.

Now, I don't really like the idea of lynching Sacrifice. I'd rather we lynched Fen, possibly wasting a lynch, but still getting a mislynch for Ser Piggy. Lynching an innocent on purpose just seems so stupid to me.

That said, I'm willing to roll with the crowd here, so I won't be placing a lynch vote just yet.

I will place one of my ranger votes for now.

---------- Post automerged at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Uhhhh....if Ser Piggy can kill, Fen would be innocent. What with the 2 consecutive mislynches on Fen. Why on earth would he kill Fen -_-

If he can't kill, we clearly do not have the Liar pinned down, and if Fen dies, he was First Ranger....

Not sure if you're scum or just derping.