1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Soul Bond Variation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pfeil, Sep 28, 2008.

1. B.B. Rain

B.B. Rain Muggle

Huh. Read the thread, was reminded of http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4100615/13/Accio_Brain. So, this thread assume Voldemort can't backtrack into Ginny through some leftover from his Horcrux?

Uh...Can't figure out how to make the post more readable. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. pfeil

pfeil First Year

I suppose that's a point. But:
    1) I don't recall his scar reacting to diary!Riddle.
    2) His scar never tried to posess Harry, so why think it can get to a mind?
    3) I always thought Harry being a horcrux was dumb anyways, and doesn't it contradict the whole "7 pieces" thing anyways?

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

No, I think Harry's murder was supposed to create the 7th Horcrux but instead he became the 7th one, or it was just a accident.

[​IMG]

^^^
    Apparently she is 12

4. pfeil

pfeil First Year

And what, Tom didn't notice? After all, Nagini came after...

5. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

that just gives me the image of Dementor! Riddle.

Lies all Lies.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. peregrine1989

peregrine1989 Third Year

I must say I agree this idea isn't much other then a Vash idea fic or a crackfic at this age, lets mix it up a bit.

Lets say the story takes place several years after the actual event. Just after OotP would be the seeming tradition of fanfiction so lets pick this as the year it starts. We get the occasional flashback to explain everything in the first chapter and after that its the current date. We have both Harry and Voldemort fighting over control over Ginny, as he can reach her mind though Harry's, and maybe we could turn it into a Harry has been corrupted by his power over her for years now and the events of DoM and what he has seen Voldemort do with Ginny when she lost control of her a few times gives him new thoughts of what he can do with his puppet.
    The only problem is how to hide the fact Ginny is Harry's Puppet from Dumbledore or Snape. I am sure they would notice.
    At 13 its not much other then a crackfic, however by 15 and beyond it becomes interesting.

Edit: I just read Taure's posts in this thread and take back what I say. This could be very interesting at 13. I just can't write Moral!Harry, hell I can't read Moral!Harry stories. Thus my not thinking about them is understandable. However I must say with all the moral issues that aged Harry had the story would contain at least some angst which would put many from this site off it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The only problem with that is the smarter Harry falling into the traps familiar to Canon!Harry, which is a big fail in my mind.

Also: A battle between Harry and Tom over Ginny's body would more then likely go in the older wizard's favour. Harry may have won the Priori Incatatem contest in GoF, but Voldemort's skills with possession could only have grown during those years he stayed without a body.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just saw this:

Firstly, Voldemort having 6 horcruxes was merely his intention. Since the nature of Harry's scar was unknown to Voldemort, it wouldn't have factored into his decision making process.

Secondly, Harry, contrary to popular opinion, wasn't a horcrux. He was merely horcrux-like. For something to be a horcrux, the prospective container has to be prepared with a long and ugly process (one which JKR said in her interview on Leaky's podcast she actually had figured out, but isn't going to tell anyone because it was too grusome). Harry's body never underwent this preparation, thus he isn't a horcrux.

It's unclear what exactly he was and how it differed from a horcrux, if at all, but strictly speaking he wasn't one.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes but in peregrine's version Riddle is using Harry as a proxy, explanation for an 'even fight' as it were.

10. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The bastard wouldn't have a problem with sneaking past Harry into Ginny's body, while Harry isn't paying attention. It wouldn't be terribly difficult for him to secure his stronghold after that.

Voldemort is a master of Legilemency, and Mind Magic by extension. The DoM fiasco during OoTP proved deftly that Canon!Harry doesn't have a shred of talent in that particular branch of magic. He only managed to close his mind during DH, while Voldemort wasn't consciously attempting to enter it.

11. peregrine1989

peregrine1989 Third Year

I never remember saying he was smarter then Cannon, just that he possessed Ginny's body, if you were referring to my post.

As for the fighting over Ginny's body, well as Harry has had a two year head start over Voldemort, maybe three if he doesn't find out about her until he possesses Harry, so it would be very similar to his own body by this stage. Or maybe not. However I think Voldemort possessing Ginny would be only a little different from when he possessed Harry. When he first tried he was pushed out with only a little struggle, a few seconds or so, thus I doubt he could hold in Ginny's mind for more then a minute as he needs Harry in her head as well to hold the connection open.

It also must be stated that Voldemort was in close proximity to Harry when he possessed him. However as he was distracted Dumbledore at the time, that may be a mote point, as the two may cancel each other out.

I may be wrong about the Voldemort possession time bit, its been a while since I read the book.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I don't get where this is even coming from. Where does this fight between Harry and Riddle for Ginny's body enter into the story? Riddle's soul is destroyed with the diary horcrux.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nah, if you're gonna start anywhere the end of CoS/beginning of PoA is the best place for it. If you want Harry to gain more bodies, having Dementors around can only be a good thing. Adjust the storyline a bit and Sirius loses his soul, while Harry, under the extreme stress of having his soul sucked out (in his original body) has a bout of accidental magic and ends up with Sirius' body as well... His Ginny-body then comes to the rescue, without all the bother of time-travel (though there is the chance for an epic plot in there somewhere).

Then you can go on to GoF, where Harry has a much closer relationship with Crouch/Moody, who picks up on his darkening personality and teaches him some not-so-friendly curses to help with the Triwizard Tournament. When Fudge comes around and Crouch has his soul sucked out, Harry uses his close relationship with the man as an excuse to get close to the body, which he then takes over and pretends to be a vegetable until he can escape.

Thus Harry has four bodies with which to fight Voldemort by OoTP (five if you really want him to have Dudley), and the path is set for a power-hungry Harry who wants to establish his control over people through the use of his multiple bodies. You could even take him the Pein route and give him a God complex...

14. Skeletaure

High Score:
    That's definitely a good idea. Harry starting by taking bodies which are already souless is a good way to start him down that road - there's really no harm in taking over a person who's already pretty much dead, right? After that progression to forcibly taking bodies would be easy.

15. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

A great deal of information is stored in the brain. Even when the soul is stripped from the body, would that information still me there? If so, when Harry claims a new body, he will have access to everything that body has stored in the brain.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep, the soul is the medium for consciousness, so while only the original body will have its original memories, his consciousness is spread over all the bodies so he'll have access to all of them at once.

The idea I had was that once Harry gets used to the idea of having more than one body, he will figure out that the memories from Ginny's life are now basically his, and thus when he gains Sirius' body it would be like gaining the memories of a fully trained adult wizard. Suddenly Hogwarts magic is simple due to Sirius' memories and the idea that he could become as powerful as he likes by taking over the bodies of powerful wizards would take root, thus leading to his descent into darkness, as it were.

17. pfeil

pfeil First Year

Presumably from Harry's scar.

18. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Talk about a bad ass power-he-knows-not.