1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Absent Faces - Anzer'ke (Dresden Files/Warframe) -T

Discussion in 'Dresden Files' started by Erandil, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Title: Absent Faces
    Author: Anzer'ke
    Rating: T
    Fandoms: Dresden Files/Warframe
    Genre: Action

Link: SV
    Sequel: SV

Summary: Harry Dresden is hired by a mysterious lady to find her child but what starts as a typical job quickly escalates. Gruesome rituals, the black council and outsiders mean that the stakes are as high as seldom before and the only thing that is certain is that there will be a price to pay...

First off, while this is a cross-over between Warframe and Dresden Files so far the focus is clearly on the Dresden Files side of things and I don't think that you need to know what Warframe is to enjoy the story. I certainly haven't really played the game or had much contact with its lore but so far have little trouble understanding what is going on. The story starts sometime after Dead Beat with as the summary alludes Lotus appearing in Dresden office to hire him to find her missing "daughter". And as is typical for Harry what starts out as simply search quickly becomes far more.

The writing quality is okay though it took me some time to get used to the authors style and the plotline has been entertaining so far, though it certainly doesn't pull any punches. The update rate and plot progression isn't to bad either so I am hopeful that this story will actually get finished.

Changed status to 'Complete.'
    Added Sequel Link, SV. --Zombie

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
  2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

So, @Erandil on an out of 5 scale, what would you rate this story?

Overall this story is a strong 3/5. Its posted on SV and it shares similar qualities of many SV writers.

Its not a fandom that I know a lot about (Warframe) so I went in expecting confusion. However, I wasn't confused, which is good, because it read just like the average Harry Dresden setup.

I'll second Erandil and say that update rate and plot progression are things that make this story desirable. Technical writing could use some work.

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

3,5 ? Strictly speaking I should probably give it a three on basis of its quality but since Dresden Files fics are rare and it had such a solid update rate (and is to some extent actually finished) I went with a four for the purposes of the thread here.