1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Adding a seperate "user posted in thread" rating?

Discussion in 'DLP Feedback and Improvement' started by Download, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I assume the title is not exactly clear.

Basically, I find people who rate stories in the "For Review" section without writing even the most simple of explanations to be annoying, particularly when they drive-by one star reviews. I can understand it for obviously shit stories, but most of the stuff put up for review aren't total garbage.

Rather than suggest someone must post to rate, I was wondering how practical it would be to include a separate rating for people who posted in the thread. Something like displaying the normal rating and then below it a "reviewers rating".

I'm not sure how its handled sever-side, but I'd expect that cross-referencing people who rated and people who posted in the thread and tallying up their ratings should be relatively easy. I would think this would also work for stories already in the library.

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I can't speak as to how easy this would be to implement, but it would work to avoid the problems inherent in either a 'you must post to vote' and the potential problems we have now, in that it's possible to review bomb the story. But sounds like a good idea!