1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ahriman's Prophecy and the Aveyond Series

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Andrela, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I searched for 'Aveyond' in the forum and couldn't find it, so I'm creating a new thread.
    ---

Aveyond series (and their predecessor Ahriman's Prophecy) are games made by Amaranth Games using RPG Maker XP (and RPG Maker 2003 for AP).

Now, usually RPG Maker games aren't all that great, but I enjoyed this series so much that I actually bought it instead of pirating it like usual.

Below is the basic plot for Ahriman's Prophecy and the first Aveyond game, complete with screenshots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

This intro'd me to RPG and got me so hooked. I love the mechanics, the story and the characters. The world as well. 4.5/5 would recommend. Only complaint is that they tend to drag the story on for Aveyond 3, such that the game feels kind of cheapened and overly commercialized as a result. I want Aveyond 1 back. D:

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Looks interesting - gotta check it out. Recently I've been looking for good games made in RPG Maker, after playing Quintessence: The Blighted Venom, by the same studio that made To the Moon.

4. Andrela

If you're interested, Ahriman's Prophecy also has a Polish version. I could link it.

5. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Please do. And here is Quintessence: The Blighted Venom - not much of a game, but kinda more like "interactive story". It's still quite good.

6. Andrela

Yeah, I played it. I think it is unfinished, right?

Here's the link (the Download is pretty easy to find): http://www.rpgmaker.pl/?co=gry&typ=rev&id=ap

EDIT:

English Version: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/ahriman/

If you can't read the font, here's a patch: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  7. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

It's on semi-hiatus, as Freebrid Games concentrates on A Bird Story - introduction to the second episode of To The Moon. Also, some of the assets of Quintessence - mainly graphics - have gone open-source, so fans can help the team finish the game. The creator has stated that he wants to finish that story, but he doesn't know when it will happen. And there are only three chapters left to finish the story.

8. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but speaking of amazing RPG games, I think I've found the best for me in a while.

Description: To the Moon is an indie Adventure RPG, about two doctors traversing through the memories of a dying man to fulfill his last wish.

[​IMG]

This game is simply brilliant. It's definitely a game you should play at least once in your life. The gameplay may be a little simplistic compared to the story, but the story is really just worth it. Lots of tears for everyone, but it's really one of the best stories I've seen in RPG. More like a visual novel than a real RPG game though, so beware if you just want some mindless RPG fun!

Absolutely 5/5.

9. Andrela

Just some news for Aveyond 4, which is going to come out soon.

Beta testing has started and the game will probably come out this year.

Here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]