1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Amphibia (Disney)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash'Ura, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

[​IMG]

Summary: Ordinary Anne Boonchuy, 13, finds a treasure chest that sends her to Amphibia, a world full of frogs, toads, and giant insects. With help from Sprig, she must adjust to life in Amphibia and discover her first true friendship in her life.

Checked out this show on a whim after binge watching Adventure Time and Gravity Falls, and I ended up binge watching this as well. The show starts as a Disney isekai slice of life story about a city girl adjusting to life in an alien farm town and quickly develops into magical quests, violent rebellions, and tests of character.

The (main and side) characters are memorable, interesting, and likeable, each in their own unique way and actually grow and develop. The humor hits just right IMO without being forced, and the show has just the right amount of dark (for a Disney channel kids show anyway). The show also shows some clear inspirations from anime and other children shows like Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.

9/10 Would definitely give the show a shot if you've got nothing better to do.

Also, this pic describes the show perfectly.

[​IMG]

2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gravity falls was great. I'll have to check this out.