1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anakin-centric Star Wars fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Much as I love Luke, I've always clamored for stories where Anakin manages to not completely fuck the galaxy up.

Does anyone have recs for some good, Anakin-centric stories? Most of what I've found is either time-travel (gets old quickly outside a few exceptions) or are stores that are far too fluffy. They tend to harp on his relationships with the Clones, his slave past, or Obi-Wan incessantly, with far too little killing of the bad guys for my taste.

I've reread those by geo3, of which Fortune's Gate is the most recent and incomplete. For those who haven't checked it out, it's tremendous.

Would love some help finding something to scratch my Star Wars itch.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yeah, all the Anakin ones I've read are either (1) fluffy in the way you describe or (2) somewhat shit.

Star Wars though has a lot of published novels you could potentially check out. Rogue Planet has him as a kid, so probably not what you're after, but there were others. Approaching Storm was a tie-in for Attack of the Clones I think. Clone Wars Gambit and Labyrinth of Evil are two others I remember existing. I expect there's probably more in the EU that you could dig up.

Not sure if that helps or not.

3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would kill for a good story about Anakin and Obi Wan/Luke broing it up and being Big Damn Heroes. This is the closest I've found to such a premise, although it is Vader and not Anakin, per se. Has Vader and Luke find themselves in the midst of the Clone Wars where they go about making the most of the second chance. It's certainly not all ahead angst and discussions of feelings, but the clones and his stance on slavers/slaves do receive some attention.

4. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Read that one before and it's about as close as I've been able to find. It's...aight.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Here's one I've been following, but your mileage may vary:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21999658 - Order 66 happens during the TPM, the first arc probably doesn't totally fulfil what you are after, but there is a small time skip where things could get more promising wrt Anakin.

There's quite a few out there that have him flee during the events of RotS with Padme, but those tend to be too angsty in the other direction, and you still have the galaxy fucked up.

There's a couple out there that have Darth Vader as a rebel "double agent" which are cool too, but again not really Anakin centric in the same way.