1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody seen Wim Vinckens moronic message on various Yahoo groups?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deamon Deathstone, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Deamon Deathstone

Deamon Deathstone Squib DLP Supporter

The ass is pissed of because somebody posted some one Else's fics on FF.net, that i get.

The idiot is pissed that FF.net allows the guy to register again under a new name, i'm with him so far.

But when the fucker starts talking media attention and legal action to bring the Evil FF.net to heel, i start to doubt his fucking sanity.

Because lets face it how long would we be able to read and write Harry Potter fan fiction if it is put in a bad light in the international media? How long before the morons actions lead JKR to say that the whole HP fan fiction thing has to stop and what would we sweet and friendly DLP-ers do with ourselves if it happens.

Maybe some of our most esteemed membership could point out to Wim Vinken that his plans aren't that well thought out?

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Oh man, Wim Vincken... I thought he was fucking dead? >_<

3. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Media attention may not sound all that bad it might bring a few more decent authors on board writing and a hell of a lot more bad authors also, as for legal action the only person who can bring legal action is JKR and if she ever got sick of HPFF you can kiss goodbye to the HP section of DLP, anyhow he is just talking shit someone should tell him to move out of his basement and get a life.

And why would he think the media would broadcast this as news?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  4. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Yeah, wasn´t he dead? All his sites shut down and apparently his wife answered a mail from a fan and said he was dead.

Anyway, shutting down FF.net? What will we do then? Sure there are other sites but ff.net is the site that holds it all together.

5. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Because the media broadcasts stupid shit everyday, and call it news. This would be no difference then some of the stuff they broadcast.

I agree though that this is just insane.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

It might help if you would give a little more information, and maybe a link to his post, or just copy and paste his post over here. As it is now I can barely understand what you're talking about, as I haven't visited any yahoo group in a while.

7. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, I was just lurking over at Harry Potter Fanfic Archive (http://hpfanficarchive.com/) and the message there was, and I quote:

As it is, I only lurk there to keep an eye on my reviews, but it seems like Wim is dropping off the face of the earth for a while. Oh well.

8. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Here's the general messages thats been spreading around yahoo groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kinsfire_fanfic/message/5710

And somehow we're already mentioned in their forums.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

You're not really helping my confusion. What does DLP have to do with this?

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I'm really quite confused myself. What exactly did we do?

11. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Well, from what I've been able to tell, this is all just a bunch of fucking gay-ass stupid manufactured drama.

And DLP has nothing to do with it.

I think my interest in the issue is spent now.

12. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

/me scratches head.

I'm not sure if we're being accused of sending him death threats, giving him bad reviews or what. I do know that although DLP at large thinks he's a shitty writer (he is), no one has ever made a threat against him on the boards. Pretty sure we've given him some bad reviews, but we do that to every writer that isn't up to par, so he's got no reason to get too bent out of shape about it.

In all honesty, I think that DLP has just become the scapegoat of the HP fandom, and every mean/rude/out-of-line comment or review is automatically assumed to have come from us.

Whatever.

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

This is almost disappointing. Props where props are due. As far as I know we did nothing.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This might sound stupid but who the hell is Wim Vinckens?

Really, I have no clue who this person is. I've probably seen one of his stories before but it can't have been a memorable experience, obviously.

...and what have we done to 'supposedly' piss off another person? Seems like every other week, someone is having a cry about us.

Can't they at least have a bitch-fit when we actually do something.

Then again, if that's the only post mentioning us, maybe that retard(the poster) is a misinformed twat.

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I think the attitude shown here sums up everything: Win Vinckens is such a pathetic writer he isn't even worth internet drama.

16. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Well, let's be frank here - other than a few authors (thus far, all I know are JBern and myself who used to post at hpfanficarchive, and I only did it to avoid possible plagarism), DLP avoided that site like gangrene. That site has been much described as the place where some of the worst of fanfiction was. And yeah, there was conflicts with DLP and that site before. Doesn't help that there were people here who did say some nasty shit about Wimvincken, and it was disappointing (there's a thread about it here somewhere).

Now let's be honest here - if the guy's gonna up and quit the fandom and do all the rest of the things he's talking about and our name is being tossed around as some of the instigators, then there's either one of two issues here:

1. Wimvincken, finally too frustrated with the flaming on his boards, decided to quit and blame the DLP crowd along with fanfiction.net, 'cause, let's face it, we don't have the greatest reputation in the fandom (the TFF thread and the recent debacle over on Spacebattles are proof of that). To him, we'd be easy targets, whether we were involved or we weren't.

OR

2. Somebody from DLP did actually go and flame or threaten Wimvincken. According to his site, somebody sent him a letter regarding this, and that's what prompted this. Now, despite the fact that I can't read his stories without wincing, he had his fandom, and even though we might have hated it, we didn't have to read the stories.

Now, I honestly hope that nobody from DLP was even connected to this. I'd hope that if you were a member on this forum, you would hopefully have the intelligence not to do something like this. If someone from DLP was involved, I would hope you would have the dignity to come out into the open about it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  17. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

This. I haven't the slightest idea who this hoe is, or what he's wharrbarghl-ing about. And if he's as talentless as Silens says, why is anyone concerned about him/her?

18. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Don't mind if I do, Silens, and thank you for the introduction...

This is the basis on which I don't think DLP is involved.

Is anyone from DLP - and I mean really from DLP, like Bio/justblaise/Gio/Zombie/Vash/middy/Raven kind of "from DLP", not "I posted an intro noaw I'm hardcore iTG!" from DLP - enough of a douchebag to send a LETTER about Harry Potter Fanfiction to an author? I mean, a review, okay. A pm, maybe. But a LETTER? Like, with a STAMP?!

I just don't believe it.

Either way, if he was offended enough not only to stop writing, but take his stories down, then I think he needs to harden the fuck up. Everyone gets criticism, telling you that the entire basis of your fic is terrible and that you are the worst author they've ever read (yes, even me - don't worry, I still know I'm the greatest ever). That's why its the internet and not the fellate-net.

P.S. No, I've never heard of him either...though I think he emailed me once trying to get me to post some of my stories on his website or something...

19. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

An amendment to option 2: the person sending the threat would claim to be representative of DLP. Otherwise Winvickity would have singled out that person. People can do whatever silliness they want on the Internet but they shouldn't bring their affiliations into it.

What is the Spacebattles debacle? I remember ray243 taking a cheap pot-shot at DLP over there when he got butthurt over his recommendation failing to make it into the library but nothing else.

20. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

What wim lacks in writing skills he makes up in volume.

He could get published if he wrote pro, But at the lower levels (teen girl books?)
    I hope this is some kind of stunt but....