1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #4 - Rock Ridge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Waco Kid, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

No.

Flame me if you want for trying to meta you when I'm apparently not capable of it. Vote me if you think my case on you is bullshit and coming from scum. But you don't get to say that I haven't done shit. Nope.

I've already laid out my reasons for wanting to lynch you. And I've already provided my ideal lynch path should you turn out to be town.

And so help me God I will continue to wagon you intil you're dead because that's my current read.

---------- Post automerged 12-28-2016 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-27-2016 at 11:59 PM ----------

If y'all are talking about wh7 fonti was a witch.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

This is the part I'm struggling with though.

Like, pretend you're town fonti here.

It's D3. We just swung a huge momentum surge in our favor by nailing Cobalt. We have a spare mislynch to play with.

I could imagine her going, "game over GG town vote: tom here's why"

I could imagine her going, "okay, our two lynches need to be X and Y, in this order, because <reasons>"

I could even imagine her going, "fuck, Cobalt was mafia after all, time to reset."

Instead we get: "vote: tom final answer, but if I'm wrong, go ahead and lynch me tomorrow, whatever."

It's... I'm trying to get to town on that one, and it's pretty hard.

If she had conviction that lynching you ended it, I'd feel that and she wouldn't be talking about being lynched tomorrow.

if she didn't, she'd be trying to solve.

I've never really seen fonti play the "resigned to death" card before, but it feels like.... a move. A play.

I mean, why do you think she'd always save you for F4 or F3?

Why could she just not see which way the wind was blowing, go for it, shoot me tonight, and then only have to convince one person tomorrow? Like, not super great odds, but... it doesn't seem like it's impossible at all.

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hi. You decided I was scum day 1 and then never reconsidered, despite reasons changing.
    Seriously, the day chat thing you thought was a slip. Waco confirmed it wasn't and it was still a scum tell for you.
    You thought I was setting you up for a mislynch and I wasn't and still, here you are.

So yes. You've been voting town for three days and mostly avoiding talking about others so I will call you useless and not feel bad about it at all.
    Still seem town though. Which is an issue.

---------- Post automerged at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

I mean, maybe?
    But me being alive tomorrow always wins scum fonti the game. Always.
    I either get lynched or vote with her.

Tell me she couldn't have got me and Jarizok to lynch elsewhere?
    And done it without having to break a sweat or look bad in any way?
    She, too, has too many townreads. Which I fully understand.
    If it's tomorrow and she's still all 'guess we're lynching me now oh well" than sure, lynch her. See if it works.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Waco confirmed that it wasn't a secret. However, town wouldn't have known about day chat until Waco announced it, which happened after your post. Therefore I'm suspicious.

At this point I've spent the past two nights reconsidering and I still think you're scum.

It's interesting too because I definitely talked about other people too.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    And miner, its not that you're incapable of metaing me.

Like, you said this isn't similar to my town or scumgame.
    That's true.
    But the leap youre making to that being scummy is, well, completely arbitrary.
    Why am I more likely to change things up as scum?
    Frankly, my scum game is fine. I'm literally more likely to be lynched as town. I've got the statistics to back it up.
    My town game is what needs work.

---------- Post automerged at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Yes, apparently I come from the only site where no daychat is standard.
    Sorry.

If you've reconsidered, you should have posted your thoughts.
    Because based on what you've said ITT I had no idea that was happening.

Sure, you've said stuff about others.
    But way more about me.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean I say more about your cause I think you're scum and that naturally requires more justification than town. Town can be town just by being "not scum".

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I feel the opposite, but that's fine.
    The problem is your process has been "tom is scum, here is how that fits" rather than "this is what tom has done, and this is why it makes him scum"

Like, I get that you don't like some of what I say. I am very strange.
    Sometimes I don't make sense to people.
    But what you haven't done is consider the mindset behind it.
    I assure you everything I do has a reason, even if it is an esoteric one.
    But you've only ever looked for scum motivation.

8. Newcomb

I strongly believe that the opposite is true; i.e. most people have a better hitrate with townclears, and being scum by virtue of not being town is how way more games are solved. We can go into it after the game though.

I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow with fresh eyes and skim over the game again.

I'm... considering not killing tom at this point.

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote koalas

---------- Post automerged at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

See how easy that was?

---------- Post automerged at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

Oh, I also want to say don't worry about setting a precedent because I'm not gonna play like this here again regardless.
    This playstyle can stay in alt games, because it didn't do what it's supposed to with my meta in the mix and it's frankly exhausting.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Look when the BD lynch went through and came up as VT I was really suspecting Quid. And since I thought Quid was scummy I more or less was okay with you because I didn't see you/quid.

Then quid gets nked. Why? How did scum know he was going to flip seer? Because if e didn't flip seer then scum just shot a potential mislynch and seer will get their report. And out of everyone on d1 you talked about the priest and priest actions the most. Justify it all you want but I saw it as role hunting.

Then Cobalt was lynched.

Remember day 1 when I said if it isn't in BD/quid it's probably cobalt/Jari/Von?
    So I went back to that and looked at interactions and stuff and came to the conclusion that my read was wrong there. However it wasn't totally useless because Von died. Out of everyone alive, why Von? There are stronger players in the game (Newcomb/fonti). There were more townfirmed people than Von.

And IMO the Von kill is because the last scum is a strong player who gambits. He/she didn't kill any of the stronger players because it would be improbable to eliminate stronger players and then live til final whatever. He/she didn't kill Koalas because he's mislynch able. Didn't kill me because I'm new and probably not a danger. Same with Jarizok.

Like this screams "strong player with a gameplay after losing partner."

And out of you fonti and newcomb I go tom--->fonti--->newcomb.

---------- Post automerged at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

I will admit I may have been biased in my read on you.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Disagree that anyone was more townfirmed than von.
    Especially from the perspective of scum knowing he's town and will continue to just town it up.

The problem with the strong player argument is that I'm only a strong player if I'm a wolf.
    When I'm town, I am absolutely not in fonti/newcomb's league.
    Hell, I'm probably not in von's league as town.
    So a kill of fonti/newcomb wouldn't have actually implicated me in any way, and I could have happily just domed the one that was scumreading me.
    Yes, sometimes I get fancy.
    But that doesn't mean I kill someone who doesn't want to lynch me just for a little silly wifom.

What would have happened today if I was scum and killed newcomb?
    I maybe would have been lynched, but at least according to eod2 I'd have had fonti, jari, and von on my side. I'd have just lynched my buddy, and I would have already connected someone to him because that's how I fucking work.

---------- Post automerged at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

If I'm scum here, what the fuck is my plan to win?
    Protip: there's nothing there.
    I'm not pushing a mislynch.
    If I'm pocketing anyone it's fonti and it's a fair bet it isn't gonna work or jari and he absolutely doesn't have the thread presence or wherewithal to make an iota of difference.
    I'm not killing participation or doing something crazy that makes people go "uhhhhhh"

I'm fantastic at all those things when I'm a wolf.
    Like, really good.

What's my plan?

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh, for the love of.

Newcomb, tom is the scum. He and Cobalt have been fucking with my head for the duration of the game. We're going to lynch him now. Put your fucking vote down.

13. Newcomb

See, /that's/ the fonti I was kinda looking for <_<

And like, for better or worse, I'm committed to at least giving this one more "did I fuck up anywhere" skim. We're using the full time.

---------- Post automerged at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Actually, fuck, maybe I shouldn't.

I don't want to be held to these standards in future games.

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Whatever, I'll take a fresh look in the morning. Don't lynch tom overnight, thanks, bye.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Seriously though.
    Explain how scumtom ever goes to bat for you here.
    I've been messing with you this whole time?
    How so?

Please tell me. Because I am genuinely curious.
    I do not know how to be more town than this.

15. fontisian

Man, it's almost like your best chance of winning involves having me alive tomorrow.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No. If I was a wolf I have a zero percent chance of winning this game.
    Zero.

The von kill assured that.

17. fontisian

And how is that?

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    things that didnt happen:
    Hey self, let's kill my favorite player in the game who also happens to be townreading me.
    I can totally convince tunnely miner and newcomb to reevaluate despite them being openly locked in on me.
    Worth it!

---------- Post automerged at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

I just always kill newcomb if I'm the last wolf.
    That's a kill that's great for me and would never be questioned because townnewcomb always gets nightkilled.
    Fancy play would be for night 3.
    Super basic stuff.

There are just no worlds where the von kill is good for me.
    Hell, I saw it and immediately assumed I'd be lynched.
    I needed him here.

---------- Post automerged 12-28-2016 at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was 12-27-2016 at 22:49 ----------

Here's what I had to say about cobalt in my big phone catchup from some girls house:
    So I see all these people townreading this cobalt.
    And he seems aggressively null to me.
    But perhaps someone that knows him will explain.
    But they kind of... don't.

So I, being all about eod and still very excited to lynch bill for that super wolfy post about newcomb replacing in, sort of forget about him.
    Jari, quid, and bill make their cases on him and they're all fine I guess but I'm not really about listening to cases from my wolfreads on people that aren't even wagons but still cobalt is wolfy in my mind.
    I make my list, putting him 3rd from the bottom. Just above the obv wolfteam of bill/quid.
    Bill asks me what I'd do if he got modconfirmed town.
    My answer:
    So that's where I'm at at eod1.

---------- Post automerged at 03:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 ----------

This is my first mention of cobalt today.
    This is not about scumreading cobalt, but rather just competing for von's affections.
    But with bill and quid both dead, he is my default scumread before I reread anything.
    I was definitely planning to be on quid at least at start of day.

I drop my vote on cobalt and talk to random people.
    Mostly miner and fonti tryna get me lynched.
    I think anyone trying to determine my alignment should note I dropped that vote before I started to be pressured, but maybe that doesn't matter as much to you as it should.

Here is my explanation for that vote.
    Which is kind of what I just said.

Then cobalt enters.

And from here, I sort of cased cobalt in real time.
    I just started going through his iso and talking about things as I got to them.
    I think it was partially ignored because people were wolfreading me and partially because of the way I presented it, spread out over 20 posts with other random stuff going on the thread.
    But I think it was great.
    And I think it helped get cobalt lynched.
    And I think if you clear your mind and just look, you will not see me and cobalt as buddies.
    Read Here through my rainbow wall in 584
    Watch me pretty much nail him.
    And watch him snarkily discredit me.
    Watch me lightly spar with him in real time while still building the case.
    And then the omgus comes.

Like yeah. I'm a good wolf.
    But you think me and cobalt, who i've never played with before, faking that interplay is more likely than "tom just had his top two scumreads flip town and started building a case on a wolf and got omgused before he managed to get through it"

like, we're mutually bussing and cobalt keeps interrupting me to ask if that's all ive got?
    and i complete that bus and add in zero other scumreads?
    to... what? make this exact post today in my own defense?
    thats the only bullshit wifomy reason i can even think scumtom would have.
    its not like i have a problem faking scumreads.
    i could make you a fonti case right now that i dont believe in.
    theres some stuff early on that kinda looks like shes just brute forcing her own townread of cobalt on everyone else.
    but when i think about that chunk of game, i just think "well if fonti is the last wolf, this is a thing to look for in future fonti games"
    but hey. when im being transparent, i guess i dont get to save shit for later.

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

My capitalization and... focus got steadily worse as that post went on.
    I'm going to sleep.
    Read those 20 posts, tell me that's the wolf team.
    Defense rests.

Now someone tell me what the fuck to do because everyone seems town.

unvote

---------- Post automerged at 03:37 ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 ----------

[​IMG]

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Zzz

Gdi but I don't feel sure about this anymore..

Like I still want to lynch tom, but does scum!tom make the post he just did?

20. fontisian

That was reasonably convincing.

Sadly, everyone else is town.

Choo choo.