1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batmafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Aekiel, it's piqued, goddamit.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck. Blame the hangover from the staff Christmas party last night. I should have caught that.

3. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Ignoring the fact Riddler can do shit at Night...How is this a plan? Its not like the last hour is an arbitrary thing. We all know when the last hour is. By saying this all you do is ensure the Riddler is here at Day End to fuck anyone who would go along with this plan.

4. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Questions, Comments, Etc.

1. Snowvon, that was a quickie. Are you sure I amn't stealth scum? Also, why vote Riley? He's playing typical Riley style which is like a confuzzled duck.

2. Citrus, why is your vote on Kentos Kraitos?

3. his fluffiness (now you just needa fluffy effing avatar), would you say that town are more likely to read the setup\flavor more quickly? why or why not?

4. Agent Q (I can't spell your name so it will always be Agent Q unless I'm voting you which luckily for you we aren't there yet). Why vote Lyrium and what are your reasons?

5. Schrodinger, what are your reads? How is your appendix scar?

6. TerRaine, I will but am waiting on Fishy Justice to answer the questions as he's remiss.

7. Fishy Justice, why?

8. Vesvius & Aekiel. How should Red Robin, Black Canary and Night Wing play to optimize their pitiful abilities in favor of town? Anyone else is welcome to chime in.

9. Ken Kraitos. Hi, how are you? What games on this site have you read and what stood out to you?

10. Atum, who are the most dangerous players in this game?

11. Nemrut. My people have worshipped the avatar for centuries. How should Booster Gold, Night Wing, Red Robin and Black Canary play to be optimal for town and not suck?

12. Sloth, that rainbow was not as color happy as it could be. Where?

13. Aekiel what other Mafia 101 hints and tips or cheat codes would you share with town?

14. Kentos, who is they?

15. Zen, how's it going? Excited about the anthology?

For everyone:
    1. Which would scum choose to lead them Bane or Penguin?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because I've never seen him before

Hey Lyrium. When did Bane/Penguin choose what he wanted to be?

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Cool I have two town reads so far. Keep 'em coming please

6. Lyrium

For your edification:

Citrus, let me clarify the question. Why is your vote on Kentos Kraitos?

---------- Post automerged at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Oh and Ken Kraitos is just going to be Kentos for me. These difficult riddly names.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A couple are stuck in sucky positions given their abilities. Beyond that I don't see this question as having a helpful response unless you're Scum, as TerRaine points out.

Snowvon's back to being uselessly fluffy and throwing out an immediate lynch vote reminds me of his behavior in Aria of Torment. He's also reminding me of Titus in his response to Lyr.

Now that I've gotten past my initial frustration and seen the truth of Mordecai's comments, it is coming along really well, most especially with the help of Roarian, Nauro, and Albus throwing additional feedback in. I've rewritten Vadha's scene and cut out the more cryptic stuff with Arden though I'm still tooling away at his venture across the land. I'm definitely eager to see Antho4 make it to publishing.

Bane is supposed to be a big deal in the Batman mythos from what I remember hearing about his character - I've never actually read any of the comics that feature him, I'm more familiar with Ra's Al Ghul, Red Hood/Skull, Joker, and that's about it. So maybe the role here plays to his character strengths somehow. But it looks like a clusterfuck, and that's all to the good for us. Penguin reads a lot simpler and easier.

Quanksor
    Riley
    Kento Kraitos
    Sloth|Snowvon
    Lyr
    TerRaine|Vesvius|His fluffiness

Lynch Vote: Quanksor.

Rest are currently at null or not enough to judge. I'm glad to have a little more experience to work from this time around.

---------- Post automerged at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Although apparently I'm still an idiot when it comes to reading comprehension and pausing to think my thoughts through, as Penguin being chosen actually makes Scumhunting harder, not easier, dammit. He's the equivalent of a Godfather role IIRC from reading on maficascum.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

3. I'm Town, and I know that I read the setup extensively, and I skimmed the flavor.
    However, I believe that while Town would read the flavor more quickly generally, and though everyone should look through the setup carefully, Town is slightly more likely to skim the setup as well, IMO.

1.Since the Penguin has protection against the Riddler and against info roles, I think The Penguin was chosen.
    We'll probably know ToMorrow, depending on whether Bane stalks someone or not.

Also, I have no idea how to put in an avatar., or even where to find one. :(

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Dammit, I can't even edit for grammar.

9. Lyrium

Let's open ourselves to the power at our fingertips, fluffly, Like Google Images or Pinterest or something.

For example:
    Google Images search for fluffiness

One of them is this guy:
    [​IMG]

Then you would go to DLP User CP (at the top left of the DLP logo thingy). And then click on Edit Profile Picture.

TADA

What I would say is just find something you like to be assocaited with your fluffy name and then choose it (like a cookie, a creepy girl eating a birds heart, a character NOT from Batman since obviously, etc.)

P.S. Grammar is only useful in certain situations.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

And as to why Scum would read through more carefully, I thinks it's because scum has more interactions to keep track of, especially with characters like Clayface in play, who's powers depend on other peoples' powers.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    It varies a little from game to game, obviously, but when I get roles like these I tend to go for:

Red Robin: Depending on whether scum chose Bane or Penguin, this role goes from weak to fairly powerful for scumhunting purposes. If scum chose Bane this becomes one of the best roles for finding him since he is locked in to visiting the same person every night for three nights. That gives you three nights to find Bane based on who was likely to visit the targeted player.

As a side note, can we all agree that if you're visited by Bane that you should come forward?

If scum chose Penguin then this role is fairly weak. Scum only get one nightkill and, occasionally, an active ability from Clayface that you can try to spot. It's a bit of a schizo role if you use it for anything but trying to find the scum who performed the nightkill though due to differing reasons for targeting people with Clayface's copied abilities.

An alternate use is that of active role confirmer for late game claims. If someone claims to be Green Arrow but you witnessed him inspecting a dead player, chances are he's Clayface trying to pull a con, for example.

tl;dr If scum chose Bane, try to find him based on who got targeted. If scum chose Penguin, try to find the night killer. Either way relying on a lot of analysis to try and work out viable targets.

Black Canary: I don't know if this is a holdover from the 30 man set up but the info blocking only negatively affects town (I think; it depends on whether Devour counts as a violent or nonviolent action), so there are two real options you'd have for the early game.

1) Don't target anyone just in case you prevent town info gathers from gaining information. Info is our most powerful asset in this game and early game cop checks on scum are hilariously powerful when the cop eventually comes forward.

2) Play like a typical Martyr; target those who are likely to be nightkilled. Taking one scum down with you is worth the loss of you as a player, generally speaking.

Option 2 should be the way you play it in the mid-late game. Optionally you can use it as a doctor-type protection for conf-town and high profile players.

Nightwing: This is a good role because it helps you clarify your scum reads and give extra weight towards them when you give that info out. The way I'd play it is to look at my scum reads and decide who they would most likely kill that night. If that person dies (or mysteriously survives an assault attempt) then you can look at the info you've gotten and work out who killed him.

While it's not a cop role for sheer power, it is useful for having a mechanical source of information fall back upon when making judgements.

Not really. I'm assuming that you're all fairly decent/experienced players so it's only if I spot something that is out of the norm that I'll point it out. No use me giving a full run through of the game when I could be scumhunting instead.

I'd go with Penguin every time. Bane's ability is more of a hinderance than an asset any way you look at it while cop protection is one of the most powerful scum abilities available.

---------- Post automerged at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

As another side note: What? You don't read the rules through thoroughly? Why?

12. Lyrium

Who is that last question addressed to? Or...wait what?

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

If you're asking me, I said that I read the rules thoroughly, but skimmed the flavor text.

14. Schrodinger

High Score:
    I don't have any serious reads, yet. Personally, I feel that most of the stuff done pre-night 1 is just faffing about. Except when I'm playing on their team, scum aren't dumb enough to openly show their hand that early. As for the appendictis scar, I was lucky enough to have it done lapariscopically, so no serious scars.
    I think Penguin is the right choice, because, as I mentioned earlier, he's good even in the hands of lower skilled scum. After all, if you're the penguin, your road to victory is just mostly lurking when it comes to posts, so no one can form a read, and rely on the backup of the rest of your scum buddies and possibly even the cop's, had he investigated you. At the same time, the threat of the Penguin's presence in general is a powerful influence, forcing The Question to doubt his innocent diagnoses.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    It was more an in general comment.

I'm not a highly analytical player like Fontisian and Sloth are, but I at least make sure I know what the roles I'm playing with are capable of. How are you meant to play the game if you don't know what everyone else is doing?

---------- Post automerged at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Good stuff. I had keyhole surgery for my appendix too and, while still painful for a while, at least didn't leave me laid up for weeks. Did they give you the good drugs for it too? :p

16. Lyrium

his fluffines, <3 avatar

Citrus, I await your forthcoming response.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Thanks.

So, Lyrium, who do you think is the most threatening character to Town?

18. Lyrium

In order:

1. Penguin - its already been discussed but he makes the The Question suspicious of some of his info.
    2. Killer Croc - basically messes up analysis of wagons and roles and such and he knows the role of he killed so he can share with the mafia who will have more info.
    3. Clayface - depends on what roles are committed\assaulted early on so it varies. For example, the Question would be less useful unless the scum really suspected someone to be the Riddler.
    4. Two Face - I assume would act out of desperation if on the lynch block or would wait to use this ability for the long game.
    5. The Riddler only matters if the player behind it is super analytical or not.

Bane - At first glance this role seemed less than Penguin but I guess it would give mafia a second kill every third or fourth night? Still seems less than but if it was a long game, it might come in handy.

Finally, most dangerous town role to me is the Green Arrow. If it blocks the wrong person then its messung up mjor town roles ability to help town win. Also, I may just be biased to RBing gone wrong.

19. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

'Cept that's a super easy thing for scum to lie about to throw us off into thinking there's no Penguin in the game.

Unless it's a townfirmed person coming forward with this is really tells us nothing.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Flavor as in the roles or flavor as in the starting post from Kal?

20. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Oxycontin is the shit, man.