1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Batmafia #2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

When I talk about flavor, I mean the starting post.

I consider the roles as part of the rules.

2. Quanksor

Quanksor Muggle

Nightwing only receives info if his target is alive at the end of the night. :(
    So, it's almost entirely useless for scumhunting, since in the vast majority of cases, he will be detecting town inforoles.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey Lyrium. I'm asking you, not the setup. When does he/she pick?

---------- Post automerged at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Because I've never seen him before. What is there to clarify there?

---------- Post automerged at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Penguin is indeed the better option, since people are openly discussing that now

4. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

So because reading skills is something we need to work on, "At the beginning of the game, the Villains may choose their preferred faction (leader role), becoming Bane’s Crew or Penguin's Mob."

I assume that the mafia team has chosen already. 60% chance Penguin and 40% chance Bane.

TerRaine, why shouldn't someone marked by Bane come forward? That would townfirm them and then they will die in three nights anyway so they'll be a townfirmed person who can help narrow stuff down. In fact, its possible that Nightwing could then track that person and find out who Bane is?

Mods:

1. If Night Wing tracked a person who is being hunted by Bane, would they learn the identiy of Bane?

2. Could Booster Gold switch someone targeted by Bane to another target? What would that do?

Citrus, Ken Kraitos made a huge post. Does reading it not change your vote or you know any thoughts based on that post? I feel like you're being obtuse and that way leads to you dying.

Schrodinger, so two weeks of faffing is what we're in store for? I assume we could do better or at least multi-task.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

What do you mean by the mafia team has already chosen? When and how?

Since it's not obvious enough? That was an RVS vote. Not everyone has checked in yet and I haven't felt an urge to place it on anyone in particular yet. I usually re-vote or state something when I want to vote someone for real when my RVS vote is on them

6. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Don't start with the putting words in people's mouths already. I didn't say they shouldn't come forward. I said it's easy as hell to lie about and a possible strategy to make us think there is a Bane when there isn't.

I think they should come forward if it happens. I am urging caution at just taking someone blindly at their word though since it could very well buy a scum player 3 days of no scrutiny while we run around looking for an imaginary Bane.

7. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@Lyrium: Most dangerous players based on experience would be Sloth, Citrus. You'd be in there as well, but you never roll scum so no worries. If Rubicon replaces in ever he gets added.

Based on hearsay, apparently Vesvius.

What do you think of Snow so far?

As for Bane vs. Penguin, I dunno. The protected Godfather role seems pretty ridiculously powerful given town's info-gathering focus but I don't think it's impossible that scum would choose to get the extra night kill to take out threatening town players quicker, just less probable. With several highly analytical players in the game though I would guess it depends on the scum team though, since a couple people here are really good at scumhunting.

@Aekiel: Just thought I'd point out that at least one person seems to have little to no practical experience as far as I'm aware.

8. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@Everyone: When you have a question for the mods do you generally do it in the game thread or your qt and why?

9. Lyrium

Citrus, I don't even know what that question is about like obviously the game has begun so the mafia team chose already. Unless you are mafia and somehow missed the memo why is this so confusing?

TerRaine, hi there and what's with the doubtcasting already? Easy there girl.

Atum,
    my thoughts on Snow are that he's kind of awol and his votes on my and then Riley seem odd. Like when he's town he kind of acts all suspicious of me for a while longer. I guess I just miss him being all purple bouncy over the Baron of Doom.

Sloth is dangerous as scum because he reads roles (and he's usually read mine) on point so hopefully he's not scum.

Citrus always dies early in dlp games that I've been in or noticed so hopefully he amps up his game.

Vesvius was really good in Survivor which is my only point of reference. He relied on strength and perseverance more than wilyness so I'm not sure how good he is at being an evil betrayer of all that is good and pure. How would you accord yourself Vesvius?

I might add TerRaine on there, she slipped past most radars last game and is a bit jumpy right now.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

It depends, sometimes both if I'm being impatient. If the question is useful to town in general then the thread. If its related only to me then the QT.

10. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Not doubt casting actually...this is how I've seen you play as town so with what little reads I have you're edging into the Towny part.

Just clarifying that I am not saying legit Bane Stalkees shouldn't tell the rest of us. I'm saying they shouldn't just be nodded at either.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I do it in QT or PMs.

...Because I don't want people to know I have no idea what I'm doing half the time.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Role and role interaction questions in your QT's please.

12. Lyrium

Do you an example of what you mean? I kind of take "put words into peoples mouths" as something offensive unlike say "put cherries in peoples mouths."

In the last game I was right about three out of three scum team people and wrong about Titus (although to be fair she nearly tunneled me into the afterlife) and had some lack of self-trust but otherwise I was on point for a bunch of stuff.

So yeah, idk what that was TerRaine but I will watch you or something.

13. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Being right on who the scum were doesn't mean the reasons you picked them out were right. Which is why people didn't believe you on me.

If you want examples I gave one in this game already.

In last game I gave a read wall. On that read wall said Fonti had a slight town read because of an action

You then spent several posts telling everyone I town cleared fonti completely and 100% said there was no way she was scum.

That is putting words in people's mouths.

You were right on me being scum then. But your argument was weak because it wasn't true.

14. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Sit tight while i answer the questions asked here publicly to fix this

game is continuing but i have an answer

15. Lyrium

Or technnically, I didn't know how to explain how you putting Fonti as town for a minor thing was a huge sign which it was. part of what messed me up was I wanted Fonti to be town.

However, I find your assertions to be a little strange and also relying on hyperbole. You cleared Fonti as town on a little thing she said which given your read wall at the time stood out as huge since no one town reads Fonti without doubt and you stated something to the effect that an irrelevant thing she did was obviously town.

And end game you were scum and all the little things added up to scum.

Let's look at the current post you seem to be casting aspersions on, this is the relevant part here:

I asked you why someone marked shouldn't come forward in response to your post about Bane but no where do I state, "TerRaine states that a marked individual shouldn't come forward." So you are painting things a bit differently then they are. Chill.

As always the evidence is in posts and the words themselves so please rely on that when referring to my actions and use quotes. It makes life much simpler. Or you know link to the relevant post.

There won't be repeat of Titus Vs. Lyrium in this game or any other game I'm in because that wasn't worth repeating.

---------- Post automerged at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

And now holy fuck I probably shouldn't have started rereading the CYS game which is here btw. Oh look "making mountains out of molehills" was something I said there re: TerRaine.

Yay, I wasn't as bad at mafia as I always assume to be.

16. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Nope.

Didn't happen.

Erroneous.

That didn't happen. You can say it over and over. But that doesn't make it true.

"I have a slight town lean" and "Cleared as town" are not the same thing.

Its the difference between "Hm I think I have a paper cut" and "WOW look at all that blood can someone drive me to an emergency room?"

^-^ Don't you worry. I'm frosty as the ninth circle. You don't need to literally say word for word "Terraine said this" to imply that I did. Don't get into a semantics game with me.

17. ika

Im not going to quote all the things needed but instead point them out. (if you want to look at card go ahead)

1)

Bane card states: at night he picks someone and if they are alive at end of night, they get the "bane is stalking them"

In the OoO banes messages/stalking does not have a placement but rolecard gives it one (if target is live). so i am going to place it AFTER info gathering (last on OoO)

while banes "roleblock" (2) does come before "info gather" (11), bane has already targeted them so his role block is a passive ability and not an active targeting one and therefore nightwing not be able to detect the target

the same could be said for riddler, riddler "guesses" a role he doesn't go out and visit a player to guess them

2)

By OoO:

the role block will ALWAYS target the person bane targeted. however the assault can be redirected via booster gold

questions can be asked out here as well. we have a consensus on this.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  18. Lyrium

When all your reads are null or vague then lean town is a big deal. Tomorrow night I'll hunt down those posts and we can hash it out over semantics.

The post from this game was not whatever intent you seem to place on it although you do seem to be jumpy at being asked questions. In fact I wasn't even paying attention to you just bouncing off the why revealing being marked could work out to identify Bane if night wing was involved.

Are you scum, TerRaine?

See its not a question I expect a straight answer to from scum but semantics in reponses have been in some cases scum tells.

So on the schedule 1vs1, Lyr and Ter tomorrow night. Yay bonding time.

Phone posting is unfun so if this doesn't work I will try again tomorrow but to make sure my intent is clear:
    [color = yellow]
    Vote TerRaine
    [/color]

Translation: I wish to vote TerRaine for making mountains out of molehills.

Night

19. ika

I hope that clarifies everything. It is much appreciated if questions are asked in QT. If you would like to have a question asked and answered out here. Feel free to put it in QT and tell us you would like it to be posted out here.

I am more than happy to answer them publicly or privately. However if you ask something and want the answer to be public, I will announce who asked it

20. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

"Wooooah hey doubt casting this early? I mean I'm going wait for 6 more posts before I do it"

Ah more falsehoods Lyr....you're breaking my heart *sniff*

Gonna go and make it all easier on ya and post the wall link this all stems from.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=754085&postcount=307

All my read null or vague. Pshaw. Pointed out ZZ's defensiveness as scummy but willing to give benefit of the doubt due to newness.

Sloth had a town lead which I supported with meta and posting styles.

Fonti I said laid what seemed to be a good scum hunting trap (something you would go on to say would only fool newbies...which I was one of and in a game that did have a few) In fact I never even said she was town lean or clear. Just noted what looked like a scum hunting tactic.

FoS on Aek for avoiding questions

Rubicon had a townish read.

Ok noted. You weren't paying attention to me. Just asking me direct questions addressed to me.

I am not scum.

Will say this now. I have plans tomorrow night and tuesday night.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Can I get some reads to go with the pretty colors Z?