1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bellatrix's use of wordless Avada Kedavra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kang, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Now, if im not too mistaken, but aren't the Unforgivables meant to be restricted to both verbal and wand use when using them?
    So then how in the hell did Bellatrix use it non-verbal on that fox at the beginning?
    And you cant say that it was anything else, because of its flashy green lightness and instant death side effect.
    You know what?
    I give up.
    [walks away and stabs himself repeatedly through the eyes, chanting "Deathly Hallows does not exist"

2. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Lol, anyways, I think that the whole 'can only cast unforgivables with both incantation and wand' idea is fanon, not canon. I don't remember it being in the book anywhere. Still, maybe she just didn't put in the incantation for the sake of imagery and shit.

3. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

But.. But.. But.. Aww FUCK it.

4. illusionist_of_fate

illusionist_of_fate Squib

Bellatrix also used it wordlessly against Harry in the Ministry of Magic. It missed, obviously.

Voldemort wordlessly used it against Frank Bryce in his grandparents' home; and then several times against Dumbledore in the Ministry.

It was never said that the AK had to be voiced. "Moody" roared it for the benefit of Harry's class; Pettigrew said it aloud when he killed Cedric on Voldemort's orders, but Pettigrew is *said* to be a poor wizard so HE might not be capable of doing it voiceless. But there's never been any indication that the incantation is required.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know ... your ava doesn't look much like a spork to me, ahsun. I didn't know spoon/fork combos could be considered sporks. Seems like a cop-out.