1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Black Rock and Roll by Mage-Alia - Warcraft - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Shezza, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: Black Rock and Roll
    Author: Mage-Alia
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    DLP-Category: Alternates
    Rating: T
    Pairing: None
    Crossover: Warcraft Three: Reign of Chaos
    Summary: Harry is swept through space and time to Lorderon near the beginning of the invasion of the burning legion and the rise of the Scourge. He’s on his own with no allies or friends, just himself and the will to survive his new world. Nopairings

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3211053/1/

Pretty much as it reads. The first, and only, WC3/HP crossover I've ever seen before. So far I like where it's headin and at the moment, I'm feeling far too lazy to give you the details, so have a read.

Edit: Almost forgot the bloody link again....*sigh*

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Read the first chapter...

HOLY FUCK SEARINOX. >_<

Interesting no doubt, the author has eliminated the Humans, Orc, and Scourge straight away. All that remains is the night elves, demons and possibly Dalaran

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  3. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Read all of it so far. Not bad, but not great. I'm glad that the author portrays the dragons correctly. 3.75/5 (gonna round up to 4)

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Sadly, I can count on one hand the number of crossovers where Harry is, at the very least, semi intelligent. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. Bellowing like an idiot and throwing punches at a man who just killed a dragon is fucking stupid, tramatized or not. Especially when he is hugely out-numbered, and alone without any means to defend himself. 2/5, because despite Harry being a moron as usual, the rest of it was interesting.

5. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

this one is alright i guess

Please try and come up with more then this next time. Explain why you did/didn't like it, one liner's are just a waste of forum space. -DGD

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty good in my opinion, even though I know nothing of Warcraft. I give it 4/5.

Oh, and TIO - if you been dragged into a different dimension by creatures you'd never even heard of before, watched you family and neighbours killed in a horribly brutal fashion, would you be upset when the one safe place in the world was destroyed? By a guy who looks like one of your worst enemies. I doubt you'd be in a right state of mind at that point. So trying to kill the guy who killed your protector is not such a big leap.

Plus, he's pretty much running on empty at this point (as said by the author) and his sanity is being battered a good bit. Not good for him me thinks.

Again, 4/5 cause its looking to be an interesting fic, and cause Arthas is gonna get killed or something. Damn zealous soldiers get on my nerves.

Aekiel

7. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Dammit Aekiel, I was going to say that! Meh, but I do like this story. It is following the story of Warcraft 3 sufficiently that it is a crossover, but not so much that it is a re-write. 4/5.

8. Afiz

Afiz First Year

Nice enough story 3.5/5

However, Won't continue reading. Looking at the authors profile, this as great potential to involve alot of slash. Sorry, no can do.

9. TheIllusiveOne

You have no idea what the authors intentions were and your simply making excuses. I disagree, period. He knew the guy for barely two weeks. He even said the only reason the dragon let him live was because "he amused him". If he had any shred of intelligence whatsoever he would have hid after the dragon died and ran. Attacking a large number of people who have shown to use lethal force when you have no experience in hand to hand combat and no weapon to defend yourself with is stupid no matter how you look at it.

Although, when I posted that I only read the first chapter, it gets really good when Harry starts using Magic again and fighting in the second and third chapters, new vote: 4/5.

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    I don't think you got my meaning in the last post.
    He. Is. In. Shock.
    He. Is. Not. Thinking. Logically.

Apart from the fact that the dragon's den was more like a home than the Dursley's have ever gave him and he's got a place in the 'home', as story teller and general nanny for the whelps.

It was his new home and Searinox was almost a friend, or a guardian. Plus, Harry's had people trying to kill him for years now, finding someone/something that's not trying to do that would be a welcome change.

Aekiel

EDIT: When an old pet of yours died when you were a kid did you think, "Oh, fair enough, it was his time to go so there's no use grieving"? Or were you like every other kid in the world, who cried their eyes out and wished it wasn't true?

EDIT2: If the answer is the former, you are a strange person who can't judge emotional reactions because you have none.

11. TheIllusiveOne

Your. Making. Stupid. Excuses.
    He. Was. There. For. 2. Weeks.
    Your. Arguement. Makes. No. Sense.

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Obviously Illusive got a big Fat F in Psychology.

Anyways this fic was somewhat decent, although Warcraft isnt my favorite universe. I'll give it a rating as it gets a tad longer.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    2 weeks after seeing his entire family killed, along with a good portion of his neighbours, finding out he has next to no chance of going home.

Plus, Searinox saved him from the orcs then took him in and protected him. Gave him a place in his his/her home (is it a he or a she?) and made him feel wanted. Don't underestimate the effect of being saved from certain death. Face it, Searinox showed him kindness when most people treated him like shit. Even if it is a dragon, Harry's never been bothered by race/species. Just look at Lupin, nearly killed him & Hermione, but does that stop him from liking the guy? Nope. Same principle here, only less of the attempted murder.

On a final note.
    You. Are. An. Idiot.
    You. Will. Not. See. Reason.

Goodnight, Aekiel.

14. TheIllusiveOne

So, he's lucid enough after seeing his family of 15 years killed to run away, but after seeing a dragon he's known for two weeks die he goes into shock? Right, makes sense. Keep throwing out bullshit arguments, I'm sure some people will blindly back you up. And Myst, I'm sure Psychology classes would help me understand how a boy can go into shock after seeing a dragon killed, who incidentally saved him from orcs, fucktard.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    1) He was in a life threatening position - Harry thrives in those sort of situations.

2) He didn't like the Dursleys or their neighbours - In that case it was either run or be killed. I know which I'd choose. He couldn't realistically save all those people and he was pretty much running on adrenaline at that point, so he regressed to the basic choice - Fight or Flight. He chose flight. And he wouldn't think he'd be entirely lucid at that point either. Fear and panic can do that to you.

3) The dragon gave him an illusion of safety - would you willingly leave your only safe point in a world you know nothing about. Jesus, he didn't even have a wand to defend himself with, he'd be killed in minutes! Not to mention that he'd have grown fond of the whelps by that point as well. Like getting a new puppy, it only takes a day or two before its you favourite pet ever.

Even a basic understanding of the human mind will tell you that we will flock to places we deem safe, and won't budge if at all possible. Harry found a safe place in a world he knew nothing about, would you stay there or go out into a completely new world where the only creatures you've seen are orcs?

I should really just give up because I know you're not going to see reason, no matter how many logical reasons I give. Stubborn people who refuse to see when they are wrong are the worst.

Aekiel

16. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

omg omg omg *humps Shezza*

17. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Holy Crap! I have been waiting for a crossover fic for Warcraft for like...2 years. And who cares if he's a moron or not. He is a moron who is a human. While you guys argue I'm going to read this fic and hope that this comes out good.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  18. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

Hey is this fic be-ing posted in any other sites besides Fanfiction.net, I don't often have time to read these things at home and my school for some reason or another blocked the site in their servers. It's stupid really, I mean it's a site that promotes reading and writing and administration goes and blocks it

19. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Hmm.

3.2/5 for basic story.
    10/5 for Arthas getting his arse kicked by a kid.
    2/5 for Harry being an idiot.

Overall so far: 3.5/5 on the "doesn't suck, but 'ehh'" scale.

20. Burn

Burn Second Year

Somewhat choppy, but good

This is one of those stories that is original and refreshing, but manages to be abrasive at the same time because it does not flow smoothly. Seems just seem to jump around. The chapters break one scene up with no leads at the beginning of chapters to keep the flow going. The scenes just continue. While not really wrong, the author lacks the ability to keep a continuous flow. I believe that comes with time and experience though. The idea is good, the fic really needs a rewrite when it's finished. I love the idea of Arthas getting his ass whipped though. He always pissed me off in Warcraft III.