1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bloodborne PS4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My storage is also full, mate. I'm not that stupid.

In my opinion, item discovery is a nice time-saver stat. But it has no combat effectiveness. You mentioned twin shards - well, I have like fifty of them too. Maybe it's because I don't use consumables much, and the fact that you can just farm souls and buy most things, or just farm the enemies for longer... I just haven't run out of anything and needed to farm at all, and I have that base discovery. It makes you save time farming if you ever need to farm, but I just can't see it being useful over actual combat stats.

Now, if it makes mobs actually drop higher upgrade stones earlier, that would be worth it :D

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got no basis for comparison tbh. Arcane is the only in game stat that I know of that affects item discovery. I put one point in it to use a magic item you might get later on.

I think it's probably too early to tell definitively, but when I get consumable drops, it's in groups of 3 or 4. I also get a lot of other shit too. Blue elixirs, oil urns, fire paper, antidote, gemstones.

3. Clerith

High Score:
    I don't think I've ever gotten a drop x3, let alone x4 from a mob. I also don't recall ever looting elixirs or fire paper from mobs other than the first time you find them. Oil... maybe once or twice.

Sounds like item discovery is very effective.

And yeah, if you want to use the arcane gadgets. I haven't found or heard of a good one, though. But I'm sure you can find some of them useful.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    The one I got...

Makes your dodge even quicker while giving you brief invis after each one. Costs 6 bullets

Edit: Killed BSB. Hint:

Take a blunderbuss. It's your best friend

5. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

So I beat the Blood Starved beast and then went outside the chapel in the Cathedral ward figuring I'd kill everything in the area again to farm echoes. What the hell is that thing where the crows used to be and why the hell did I wake up in a prison instead of at the lamp.

Why did what looks like a little old lady just scalp me in this prison?

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I hope you bought the bolt resist gear :p

So those snatchers are deceptively deadly, especially after they power up (they do a DBZ power up thing with red energy). I'm overlevelled like crazy and they almost one shot me.

I love, love the world btw. There may be no beautiful Anor Londo equivelant (unless you love Gothic architecture like me), but seeing the place transform as the game progresses is genuinely like slipping further and further into a nightmare.

I'm also not sure anyone does world building like From do. A lot has to do with not having a map, but battling your way through crooked streets, tunnels and destroyed buildings, only to get to a new vantage point and see where you were earlier in the game off in the distance... Getting your bearings and navigating like that... I love that stuff!

7. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Also I'm pretty sure there is some kind of mind/dream/time fuckery going on since apparently old yharnam burned down a long time ago and yet is still on fire.

Screw the Gatling gun guy. He's a dick.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I Hans Grubered the shit out of him.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Finally got Blade of Mercy. Had to finish the quest chain from the Crow Lady (Eileen) to get it.

It double dips with Arcane stat. I don't have the item to increase to level 10 yet, but it gets an S scaling for skill too.

I love it :3

10. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Honestly, I am having such a hard time with Father Gascoigne. I have absolutely no problems with getting him to transform, but then after that he just wrecks my shit. I used the special item you get earlier after he transforms, and it honestly seems like it doesn't affect him at all. I've got some family shit now, so I'm hoping third times the charm later tonight. Little discouraging though. I'm having way harder of a time with this guy than I did with the Cleric Beast.

11. Clerith

High Score:
    Father G seems to wreck a lot of people. I didn't even use the music box. How I beat him was abuse the gravestones and hit him behind them or something. You can also parry the beat attack decently, I hear. And throwing oil and some molotovs should kill him real quick. I honestly thought he was one of the easier bosses, but I probably just got lucky.

I myself finally hit a wall with one boss. Actually took like ten or so attempts. Probably because I suck at parrying XD Martyr Logarius was the dude.

About those arcane gadgets, I found a few that are useful, so seems like a nice choice. A buff one that can replace paper for 3 bullets a use and I know there are some "attack magic" ones later. Reading the message boards, it seems like arcane is just about as good as a physica build, actually - since once you socket your weapon with an elemental blood gem, it becomes a purely elemental weapon and loses all physical scaling but gains arcane scaling. So you get comparable damage output, extra damage against enemies weak to your element (fire is going to be so good), and the item discovery and tools from arcane. But you can't buff your weapon. Still, sounds like fun. You can get your first elemental blood gem after beating the Blood-Starved Beast, in the workshop (it's fire). I also read that throwing oil at enemies and then attacking them with your fire-element weapon does incredible damage, so there's that :D

On a final note, Unseen Village after beating Rom is bullshit XD

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Just finished unseen village. What're you having problems with? The bell ringers?

I laughed the first time I realised the big dudes weren't just decoration.

As for Gascoigne...

you need to get him as low as possible before phase 3 then just lob (correctly timed) molotovs at him to kill him.

I'd recommend not using the 'item' at all. It's a death wish in phase 3 and just hastens p3's arrival in first 2 stages.

As a general rule of thumb, dodging backwards isn't a great idea with a lot if enemies in this game. You want to master forward and side dodges. Most cases bosses like leaping at you at crazy speeds. You want to peg Gas with a molotov as he lands. 3 should do it IIRC.

If you need a breather, run up The stairs, go left then jump down again (while juking). Once you're down again, you should have a few moments to compose yourself.

What weapon do you have? This boss was cake for me with the cane, but I really struggled with Cleric Beast.

Btw, if you're still using Ludwigs, you want to use the Phantasm shell. Often.

13. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

I dealt with the Cleric Beast and Father G pretty quickly, but the Blood-Starved Beast is wrecking my shit.

14. Clerith

High Score:
    Infinite respawning got old pretty fast, and the three hunters at the original lamp... well, it was my least favorite zone to go through, followed by the Woods. And my Arcane is still 8, lol.

I've been slacking off these past two days, so my progress has been kinda slow >_>

As for Blood-Started, just parry his right claw swipe attack. That's super easy. If you want to parry one boss in the entire game, he's the one.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    BSB...

Is easily counterable. Especially when he swipes at you with his right claw - telegraphed quite clearly.

Don't get too far away. From memory, every time I did that he spazzes out and goes apeshit. I only ever backed off when he poison-thingied. Otherwise it was simple counter/VA to death.

It took me like 8 or so tries though. One fuckup when he gets low generally means death. Bring antidotes and a blunderbuss.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    I cheesed those 3 hunters. Run out of the room all the way to the lamp. You can go 1on1 then.

I also scoped out the bell ringers and make my way there ASAP. Minimize respawns.

17. Samuel Black

I'm rolling a strength build, so I held off on upgrading my starting weapon. I'm using the Kirkhammer hammer, but depending on how much I upgrade it, I might switch to Ludwigs holy sword later. I'm having a blast with the Kirkhammer though, so I might keep it all game.

18. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

I've done those things, but I always manage to fuck up and get murderd when I get it to around half health

19. Gengar

High Score:
    That fight is very much a case of 'fuck up and die'. If the quickb poison doesn't kill you, his stupidly powerful attacks will. Try using the Black/White Church set that has poison resistance on them. Might help.

The former is on a corpse in an alley in the Cathedral Ward, the one before the big, circular graveyard with two patrolling axe giants. Go left past the flamethrower dude to get there (at least I think it's there...)

The White one is on a roof on one of the shacks in the Forbidden Woods. There's a village there, near a bunch of caged hounds.

Re: Kirkhammer. Definitely play with whatever you're comfortable with. I think Ludwig scales a lot better, but don't quote me on that. I've used Threaded Cane for most of the game, only switched to Blade of Mercy recently. Still use Cane for kiting and cheesing though.

20. Samuel Black

Yeah, I've heard awesome things about the cane, so I already know my next build is gonna be a straight skill build.